Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The handwriting is on the wall according to Electrek... pay a premium and get delivery faster. ;)

"Tesla has pushed the delivery timeline for new Model S orders all the way to 2023 for the cheapest version. The same is the case for the Model X, as the gap between demand and supply appears to be widening. Supply chain issues and increasing demand for electric vehicles are coming simultaneously, creating long delivery timelines across the industry. Tesla is one of the rare automakers that has been able to ramp up deliveries during these industry-wide supply chain issues, but its delivery timelines have also been slipping. In an update to its online configurator, Tesla has now pushed the delivery timeline of both Model S Long Range and Model X Long Range to “March 2023”

That’s with the base 19″ wheels, which makes it the cheapest version of the flagship sedan. As we previously reported, Tesla has started to push the bigger and more expensive wheels as standard in the configurator. It forces buyers to change the setting in order to get the smaller wheels. For the Model S, the bigger 21″ Arachnid wheels increase the price by $4,500. Even with those wheels, you don’t get the vehicle that much faster, with a ‘November 2022″ delivery timeline. You can also get a November 2022 delivery timeline by adding other extras, like different paint colors.

Buyers going for the top performance version, Model S Plaid, can get a much faster delivery of December 2021 regardless of the choice of wheels or color."

Tesla-Model-S-Long-Range.jpg

The handwriting is on the wall according to Electrek... pay a premium and get delivery faster. ;)

"Tesla has pushed the delivery timeline for new Model S orders all the way to 2023 for the cheapest version. The same is the case for the Model X, as the gap between demand and supply appears to be widening. Supply chain issues and increasing demand for electric vehicles are coming simultaneously, creating long delivery timelines across the industry. Tesla is one of the rare automakers that has been able to ramp up deliveries during these industry-wide supply chain issues, but its delivery timelines have also been slipping. In an update to its online configurator, Tesla has now pushed the delivery timeline of both Model S Long Range and Model X Long Range to “March 2023”

That’s with the base 19″ wheels, which makes it the cheapest version of the flagship sedan. As we previously reported, Tesla has started to push the bigger and more expensive wheels as standard in the configurator. It forces buyers to change the setting in order to get the smaller wheels. For the Model S, the bigger 21″ Arachnid wheels increase the price by $4,500. Even with those wheels, you don’t get the vehicle that much faster, with a ‘November 2022″ delivery timeline. You can also get a November 2022 delivery timeline by adding other extras, like different paint colors.

Buyers going for the top performance version, Model S Plaid, can get a much faster delivery of December 2021 regardless of the choice of wheels or color."

BOHICA!

Delayed until after Thanksgiving. Anyone else hearing this or is it “ish”.
Got the same message yesterday too. I'm really hoping they can get it out by Saturday. If not, I'm canceling my order. I need it for a road trip on the 21st and taking the 2021 model year and tax credit hit isn't worth it to me otherwise.

Is anyone else seeing their delivery date pushed back farther? I ordered a long range S, gray with 21" wheels back in May '21. Originally Sept delivery, then October, November, but the last three weeks was Dec 10th-30th. I checked this morning and delivery is now Feb 6th-Mar 6th. I feel like others are getting theirs before me.
Yesterday morning mine went from Dec 6 --> Feb 6

Another $5k price increase coming soon.

Happens on the LR as well.
I ordered 3/9/21, RN11461****, Model S LR, white w/black interior, to be delivered June when my current lease expired. Delayed to August, then to Nov, then December. Still haven't gotten VIN so I don't have much faith in timing. I extended my lease, but maybe they think that since I still have my 2018 Model S, I'll squawk the least.

Another $5k price increase coming soon.
So here is my predicament - during the delivery of our M3P over the weekend, my wife finally acknowledged that the many white (my first choice) interior in the lot looked great. But I am already stuck with the cream order!!

So… perhaps I should hedge the bet based on @Tigers prognostication and order another MSLR with WHITE interior for late ‘22 to early ‘23 delivery with hope of a near break even transaction then on the yet to be delivered MS??!! 😅😅😂😂

Last edited:
I have the video of how slow the impact was, and I will have the receipts for proof that the scratches from said impact resulted in a brand new bumper and proper repair. I think a reasonable person would be satisfied it wasn't something that permanently reduced the vehicles performance or appearance.

And this is all hypothetical anyhow. I really love my car.
I hear you and conceptually agree, but if given the choice for 2 identical cars but for the replacement, i'd be hard pressed to choose the repaired one, and would use that to negotiate.
I never said I was a nice guy ;)

I hear you and conceptually agree, but if given the choice for 2 identical cars but for the replacement, i'd be hard pressed to choose the repaired one, and would use that to negotiate.
I never said I was a nice guy ;)
Yes, but that argument does not apply to all buyers. I would not negotiate with you. I would simply move on. 😛

Not surprising with only 1 ICE vehicle left to knock off the pedestal... it should fall soon when the track package is available. ;)

Here we’ve gathered together the 25 fastest 0-60 production cars of all time.
Keep in mind that our list of the fastest 0-60 cars is exclusive to street-legal cars, which are also considered production vehicles.

9f752c2ed7a13954 800x800ar
0x0 ModelS 01
PCNA20 0707

Koenigsegg Gemera – 1.9 seconds

The Koenigsegg Gemera is the world’s quickest production car that hits the 0-60 mph mark within 1.9 seconds. It’s the very first four-seater by Koenigsegg and the world’s first Mega-GT that weighs 4,079 pounds. It’s a hybrid car that comes with a 2.0 L TFG twin-turbocharged I3 with 3 electric motors and offers 442 pound-feet of torque and 600 hp. When combined with an electric system, it offers 1700 hp with 2581 pound-feet of torque.

Tesla Model S Plaid – 1.98 seconds

Tesla Model S Plaid is also one of the fastest cars zero-60 mph, and it comes with Tesla’s very first tri-motor drivetrain. It weighs 4,816 pounds, offers 1,020 horsepower, and generates 1,050 pound-feet of combined torque. It’s a fully electric car and comes with the quickest acceleration and the longest range of all the in-production electric cars.

Porsche 918 Spyder – 2.1 seconds

Porsche 918 Spyder is known as the very first hybrid hypercar that comes with a 4.6-liter DOHC 32-valve V8 engine. It delivers 887 horsepower and 944 pound-feet of torque combined that allows it to reach 0-60 mph in 2.1 seconds. It makes it one of the cards with the fastest 0-60.
Some say the Plaid right now, can beat the Gemera. But Tesla is sandbagging the 0-60 in order to keep the overall acceleration curve more linear since there was criticism on the pre-refresh performance of fast acceleration to about 60 or 70, then a drop off feeling. Wouldnt suprise me if 2022 brings a $5k "acceleration boost" option to the Plaid models...

hasnt tesla prioritized the more expensive S's since the beginning of the refresh rollout?

Yep I’ve been pretty sure since July the model S would end the year priced at $99.9k
It's pretty insane, I was going to wait to put an order in, and then just said **** it on July 1st. Little did I realize it was going to save much this much money. I even changed from black to cream within 2 days of first price hike. Nuts that I'll have saved 15% and potentially 20% off MSRP on the MS by making the decision then.

Some say the Plaid right now, can beat the Gemera. But Tesla is sandbagging the 0-60 in order to keep the overall acceleration curve more linear since there was criticism on the pre-refresh performance of fast acceleration to about 60 or 70, then a drop off feeling. Wouldnt suprise me if 2022 brings a $5k "acceleration boost" option to the Plaid models...
Really? That's strange. I mean the 0-60 won't be able to go under maybe 1.90, and who could feel the difference in that? It could be 1.85 and no one would likely feel a "drop off" as the Plaid still holds 1000 hp throughout the entire 1/4 mile (https://www.notateslaapp.com/images/news/2021/plaid-power.jpg). From what I've seen and heard, the upcoming power increases will actually be focused more on high speed acceleration (1/4 mile, 0-186, etc..) by adding HP, as 0-60 is pretty much done.

Last edited:
I wonder how many times that has been said over the years.
Well for a 4,766 pound sedan as of right now it's pretty much done. That being said, good street tires now put down what older drag radials used to, and tire tech is always evolving. So who knows? Eventually, we'll get to a physical limit on people's bodies, but then acceleration can be focused beyond 0-60. Can't wait for the 200+ mph trap speeds! MOAR POWAHHHHH! 😁