Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this has been posted already. @2021 plaid 🤩👍

Attachments

• 89398D4D-4F2E-4EE0-8DFE-5AAF2494E45B.png
    89398D4D-4F2E-4EE0-8DFE-5AAF2494E45B.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
As usual, Tesla gets a D+ for communication. It does not help that the brake upgrade went live about the same time as the new verbiage. The new statement can be interpreted to be functionally equivalent to the old statement, it could, in fact, refer to the brake upgrade, or something completely different (i.e after time on the 'Ring, they decided 200 mph is only unlocked with the Track Pack).

Until there is more clarity, does not seem worth getting spun up.

Wait, how did the increase their score? Extra credit?

Looks like I might finally be taking delivery of my Plaid next week, not to flex but I think I might be the youngest Plaid owner in the world at 19 ;)
Upgrading from a Model 3 Performance
Congrats !! It’s great that you have some experience with fast cars.. The Model 3 is one thing. The plaid would be a very aggressive first car.

@2101Guy and @lbowroom Uh, yeah there is. The 19" tires are either W or Y rated, for 168 mph, and 186 mph respectively. The 21s are (Y) rated, which are rated for over 186 mph.
(Merely trying to present facts; please don't pull me into this discussion. :))
Lol interesting topic, why and who will go 200? Thats first question. We all drive maximum 75/80/ mile. Whoever wants to go 200 basically buying own death for 150k.

Carry on with topic. I am enjoying reading.

Lol interesting topic, why and who will go 200? Thats first question. We all drive maximum 75/80/ mile. Whoever wants to go 200 basically buying own death for 150k.

Carry on with topic. I am enjoying reading.
Not on the street. I’d like to go 200 on a 1/2 mile or 1 mile drag strip or runway.
Events like the ‘Texas Mile’

Holy sugar! I got a call from my delivery advisor a short while ago stating that my car is ready to pick up now if I want it! I was originally scheduled for Monday. The only problem was, my bank has not sent me the final loan documents to sign. I called him and was on hold with them for 2 1/2 hours. They finally expedited it. Signed everything and good to go.

Then, my son calls me. He is stuck on the opposite side of town! I was very tempted to tell him to suck it up. But then, I realize that I love him more than my car. Anyway, he is all good and I am on my way to get my car right now! Woo hoo!
Bruh…priorities. Go get the Tesla.

Well, just picked up my beauty. Only 15 miles on the car.

This car is absolutely fantastic. Incredibly quiet compared to my prior 3 MS's. Massive difference. My 75D was fast enough. Super fast actually, and this car blows that one away.

The yoke is mostly a non-issue, except, exactly as I predicted, for the STUPID horn button!!!
I was planning on adding stalks, as per a hack on another thread, but really don't think that will be necessary. The turn signals function incredibly well. They are absolutely intuitive, and go off by themselves. I am actually really impressed on how the car knows whether I am just changing lanes to the left, or turning into a left hand turn lane. If just changing lanes, it immediately turns off. If I change into a left hand turn lane, the blinker stays on until I make the turn.

Ambient lighting: I have ambient lighting inside my doors. Under the door armrest and pointing down, lighting up both door pockets. Was this present on other MS's already delivered? Photo below. The light is actually white, not yellow. My phone did that.

Problems:
There are some mild panel gaps with the trunk and frunk, things I can live with, but will ask for adjustment.
There are some pretty large wrinkles in my driver's seat. No big deal, but I will ask for repair anyway since, heck, I paid a lot for this car.

The wife is away this entire weekend, so I get guilt-free time alone with my new toy!

IMG_9908.jpg

Well, just picked up my beauty. Only 15 miles on the car.

This car is absolutely fantastic. Incredibly quiet compared to my prior 3 MS's. Massive difference. My 75D was fast enough. Super fast actually, and this car blows that one away.

The yoke is mostly a non-issue, except, exactly as I predicted, for the STUPID horn button!!!
I was planning on adding stalks, as per a hack on another thread, but really don't think that will be necessary. The turn signals function incredibly well. They are absolutely intuitive, and go off by themselves. I am actually really impressed on how the car knows whether I am just changing lanes to the left, or turning into a left hand turn lane. If just changing lanes, it immediately turns off. If I change into a left hand turn lane, the blinker stays on until I make the turn.

Ambient lighting: I have ambient lighting inside my doors. Under the door armrest and pointing down, lighting up both door pockets. Was this present on other MS's already delivered? Photo below. The light is actually white, not yellow. My phone did that.

Problems:
There are some mild panel gaps with the trunk and frunk, things I can live with, but will ask for adjustment.
There are some pretty large wrinkles in my driver's seat. No big deal, but I will ask for repair anyway since, heck, I paid a lot for this car.

The wife is away this entire weekend, so I get guilt-free time alone with my new toy!

View attachment 737799
Congratulations my dude! Glad to see you got a pretty well built car too.😃

Looks like I might finally be taking delivery of my Plaid next week, not to flex but I think I might be the youngest Plaid owner in the world at 19 ;)
Upgrading from a Model 3 Performance
A giant congratulations to you. You will be amazed. At 75, maybe the youngest to the oldest. The thrills just never stop with electricity. Keep enjoying them while you can. 😉
Upgrading from an M6.

Last edited: