Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because the future passenger will not give up her Benz without it.

Garage cannot hold plaid plus benz
some of the favorite features of my benz i'll be giving up - the different colored ambient light options, and the self closing doors. okay, heads up, night view assist, etc. - but the doors and ambient lights rankle.
Oh, I'd much rather have my MS now, thank you very much. But I will be giving up some stuff.
Clearly, I feel what I will be getting is much "better"

some of the favorite features of my benz i'll be giving up - the different colored ambient light options, and the self closing doors. okay, heads up, night view assist, etc. - but the doors and ambient lights rankle.
Oh, I'd much rather have my MS now, thank you very much. But I will be giving up some stuff.
If the Benz goes, I will miss the HUD, a little. But the view over the yoke looks to be good, so...

Same here with my BMW. I loved the surround view cameras that I used to park close to a curb without worrying about curb rash. HUD will be missed. But I won’t miss buying premium gas, oil changes, brake pads, and tune-up costs

Last edited:
Any idea how long you can hang on to the check? The loan is active in my DCU account; if I release a VIN and have to wait 2 months, what happens then I wonder?
Technically, cashier's checks don't have an expiration, but I would presume the bank has some sort of internal policy on them that void the check and require reissuance. Most have 90 days - I'd guess the same/similar for DCU.

Unrelated to the check, but if the loan is "active" are you being charged interest, even though no car?

Last edited:
to go back a page or two: Does anyone truly believe Tesla was being genuine/sincere when they had on their website (since removed) that the 200mph was only restricted due to needing special wheels?
Yes. Tesla was only concerned with how to get to 200mph, not how to stop from that speed. With all of the reviews pointing out that the brakes wouldn't be up to the task of slowing the car Tesla was forced to address the issue.

Yes. Tesla was only concerned with how to get to 200mph, not how to stop from that speed. With all of the reviews pointing out that the brakes wouldn't be up to the task of slowing the car Tesla was forced to address the issue.
You kinda made my point: Despite Tesla stating so earlier this year (before most Plaids were actually purchased), there is zero evidence the Arachnid wheels were not capable of 200mph speeds. My point is: Tesla knew all along the wheels were not an issue in achieving 200mph safely. So why state that on the website?

Reactions: impastu
You kinda made my point: Despite Tesla stating so earlier this year (before most Plaids were actually purchased), there is zero evidence the Arachnid wheels were not capable of 200mph speeds. My point is: Tesla knew all along the wheels were not an issue in achieving 200mph safely. So why state that on the website?
There's zero evidence that 19" wheels can't go 200 either, what's the point there?

There's zero evidence that 19" wheels can't go 200 either, what's the point there?
Please present evidence that either wheelset can safely go 200
@2101Guy and @lbowroom Uh, yeah there is. The 19" tires are either W or Y rated, for 168 mph, and 186 mph respectively. The 21s are (Y) rated, which are rated for over 186 mph.
(Merely trying to present facts; please don't pull me into this discussion. :))

@2101Guy and @lbowroom Uh, yeah there is. The 19" tires are either W or Y rated, for 168 mph, and 186 mph respectively. The 21s are (Y) rated, which are rated for over 186 mph.
(Merely trying to present facts; please don't pull me into this discussion. :))
Look I get you. My only point is there is nothing definitive either way. I said wheels, not tires. 186 doesn't mean 200 either. it's a big mess but from that I don't conclude that Tesla is a big evil liar trying to trick us.

That's what MT said....

Correct. MT is quoting Tesla.

Another example of how media does quotes:

"Tesla is warning that its new Model S Plaid won’t hit its advertised 200 mph top speed at launch since it will need a tire and wheel upgrade this fall."

Thats from here

Look I get you. My only point is there is nothing definitive either way. I said wheels, not tires. 186 doesn't mean 200 either. it's a big mess but from that I don't conclude that Tesla is a big evil liar trying to trick us.
Agree that Tesla is not and was not lying here. And the parenthesis Y rating: (Y), means they are certified for the particular vehicle they are mounted on; in which that vehicle top speed exceeds 186 mph. This means these tires are rated for the Plaid's top speed; 200 mph.

"Tesla is warning that its new Model S Plaid won’t hit its advertised 200 mph top speed at launch since it will need a tire and wheel upgrade this fall." and

"According to Tesla, the wheels and tires necessary for 200 mph are available on the Plaid now.."

So both proport to quote Tesla.... hmmm, one of them misunderstood something.

Agree that Tesla is not and was not lying here. And the parenthesis Y rating: (Y), means they are certified for the particular vehicle they are mounted on; in which that vehicle top speed exceeds 186 mph. This means these tires are rated for the Plaid's top speed; 200 mph.
If Tesla says the car can't do 200mph and limits it to 162, then the statement "(Y), means they are certified for the particular vehicle they are mounted on" means they are certified to 162 until Tesla says differently