Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, during my daily post 9:15 a.m. check (as that is when I seem to see the most EDD changes) I noticed something new - it looks like a video or info about the keys. I don't remember seeing that before today.
It's located above the Model S Essentials
Interesting. Nothing for me. In the delivery window for the THIRD time now and nothing.

Attachments

• 6C9C6F64-B5CB-4CEC-922A-CBE98391BFA8.jpeg
    6C9C6F64-B5CB-4CEC-922A-CBE98391BFA8.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 105
You're completely missing the point - the distortions in the glass are BETTER than any other company's distortions. I think even Donald Trump admits Tesla has the best glass distortions in the business!
I already knew presidents are experts at distortions of reality and truth..........I guess when you are no longer in office, you become a glass distortion expert?

Well im in my delivery window for the first time and it hasn't changed. Wonder where it will go from here lol. 12/1-12/29. :oops:. My luck they will try to deliver the car the 3 days I'm out of town (with no notice ofc) and then un-match me from my VIN and push me into Q2 of 2022 out of spite, or cancel my order for "refusing delivery".
Totally get it. In my third delivery window now. My experience has been on the second day of the delivery window the EDD range would change. Mine went from 4 weeks down to 2 then now to 12 days. Will see what happens. Good luck!

Interesting. Nothing for me. In the delivery window for the THIRD time now and nothing.
It's showing up for me now. Can you pair the key fobs with any Tesla or are they model specific? My neighbors were the one's that pushed me to order the S (I've wanted one for years but they got a Y and broke me) so I'd be down to give them one of mine. It'll just collect dust otherwise.

It's showing up for me now. Can you pair the key fobs with any Tesla or are they model specific? My neighbors were the one's that pushed me to order the S (I've wanted one for years but they got a Y and broke me) so I'd be down to give them one of mine. It'll just collect dust otherwise.
I don’t know the answer but don’t see why the key fob can’t be paired to other cars. Perhaps you first delete the fob from your car and then have your GOOD neighbor try to register with their Y? The only thing is that the fob is shaped like the S and not the Y. On the other hand it could be a good reminder in what they are missing out on?? 😆😆

I don’t know the answer but don’t see why the key fob can’t be paired to other cars. Perhaps you first delete the fob from your car and then have your GOOD neighbor try to register with their Y? The only thing is that the fob is shaped like the S and not the Y. On the other hand it could be a good reminder in what they are missing out on?? 😆😆
Come to think of it... Are there Y shaped fobs? I think they all look the same?

Also I think he's possibly more excited than I am to get my S 😂

This supposed to be the model 3/Y key fob. Not sure how different it is really shaped from the S fobs. Perhaps others with the actual fobs can chime in.

Got my keys!!!!!! 😂😂😂 had to restart the Tesla app and the key 🔑 showed up.

Attachments

• 4AE021E4-666C-4359-BF9F-55FD7E13BFBE.jpeg
    4AE021E4-666C-4359-BF9F-55FD7E13BFBE.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 70

This supposed to be the model 3/Y key fob. Not sure how different it is really shaped from the S fobs. Perhaps others with the actual fobs can chime in.

Got my keys!!!!!! 😂😂😂 had to restart the Tesla app and the key 🔑 showed up.
They are all the same. I do not even think the X fobs are different.

They are all the same. I do not even think the X fobs are different.
All the same shape, but the new S has a darker gray window outline printed on it as opposed to the lighter silver window line on he previous S and the accessory key. It’s kind of nice to help distinguish between my S key and my spouses Y key.

*Sugar* show alert---Picked up today ---Just sent this email--->

Hi Manager,

Thankfully I am home safe…in the 9 months I have been waiting for this Tesla, I could not have dreamt a worse delivery day.
I expected Safety & Quality in my new Tesla…and I received neither.

Quality-

5 minutes before I arrived, I received the following text, “we found a paint defect…” That car should have never left the factory looking like that (see pictures)…considering I presently have no vehicle...I decided on your option of getting it repainted in the near future with a Tesla loaner.

Next Issue—while pairing my phone to the car…we found another phone already paired. WHAT? WHO? See attached photo.
Next Issue-- ugly green tape stuck under the front Tesla emblem…see picture
Next Issue- Missing trunk piece

Safety-

During initial tutorial…SA stated “do not to worry about” the Tire Pressure sensor light being on…he stated the car will recalibrate and that will turn off…5 minutes down the road the error light was still on and then a new one appeared ”air suspension” (see images)…I called (couldn’t get through) and texted asking if these error messages should still be on (you have that text)…sure enough...a few minutes later the rear tire blew out while I was driving on the Interstate. Fortunately I was able to get to the shoulder without accident. Upon replacement of the rear wheel, we (the vehicle tech was very helpful) realized the rear fender had been damaged. (see pictures)
Next Issue- SA mentioned he was emailing me links to must watch videos on how to operate the vehicle….nothing as of yet.

I ordered this car back in February expecting a March delivery…while everyone laughed at me waiting these long months, I always replied, “It is a Tesla and will be worth the wait”.

I never thought I would be second guessing this decision…

Manager- tomorrow we need to discuss the following option:

1. Take this vehicle back—match me with another VIN of identical specs—I am not returning this VIN because I do not like a spec or are having second thoughts---This is a Tesla issue--I will accept a Tesla loaner until it comes in---doesn’t matter what model.

You know I want a NEW Tesla…that is obvious…my current VIN with a paint fix and a new fender would not be optimal at this point.

Crazy Stuff Fellas---Here I was thinking my journey would finally be over...wish me luck
I’ve been dealing with the air suspension may not be level warning since the day I picked up my car. I’m scheduled for Dec 17 service but I plan to take it in sooner (next week) once it’s done getting PPF & tint.

*Sugar* show alert---Picked up today ---Just sent this email--->

Hi Manager,

Thankfully I am home safe…in the 9 months I have been waiting for this Tesla, I could not have dreamt a worse delivery day.
I expected Safety & Quality in my new Tesla…and I received neither.

Quality-

5 minutes before I arrived, I received the following text, “we found a paint defect…” That car should have never left the factory looking like that (see pictures)…considering I presently have no vehicle...I decided on your option of getting it repainted in the near future with a Tesla loaner.

Next Issue—while pairing my phone to the car…we found another phone already paired. WHAT? WHO? See attached photo.
Next Issue-- ugly green tape stuck under the front Tesla emblem…see picture
Next Issue- Missing trunk piece

Safety-

During initial tutorial…SA stated “do not to worry about” the Tire Pressure sensor light being on…he stated the car will recalibrate and that will turn off…5 minutes down the road the error light was still on and then a new one appeared ”air suspension” (see images)…I called (couldn’t get through) and texted asking if these error messages should still be on (you have that text)…sure enough...a few minutes later the rear tire blew out while I was driving on the Interstate. Fortunately I was able to get to the shoulder without accident. Upon replacement of the rear wheel, we (the vehicle tech was very helpful) realized the rear fender had been damaged. (see pictures)
Next Issue- SA mentioned he was emailing me links to must watch videos on how to operate the vehicle….nothing as of yet.

I ordered this car back in February expecting a March delivery…while everyone laughed at me waiting these long months, I always replied, “It is a Tesla and will be worth the wait”.

I never thought I would be second guessing this decision…

Manager- tomorrow we need to discuss the following option:

1. Take this vehicle back—match me with another VIN of identical specs—I am not returning this VIN because I do not like a spec or are having second thoughts---This is a Tesla issue--I will accept a Tesla loaner until it comes in---doesn’t matter what model.

You know I want a NEW Tesla…that is obvious…my current VIN with a paint fix and a new fender would not be optimal at this point.

Crazy Stuff Fellas---Here I was thinking my journey would finally be over...wish me luck
Sorry to hear that. Tough disappointment after such a long wait.

Three weeks with the refresh Plaid, all is good. The yoke is dumb, don’t waste your time telling me different, it does not make the vehicle easier to control, it’s a gimmick and a conversation piece, period. I got used to the signals after one week, there’re okay. Horn is a non-issue, Canadians are too polite to ever use it. If you haven’t taken delivery yet, at the delivery center, make sure your comfortable with the signals and wipers before you launch into traffic like I did. As a previous MS owner, every time I exit the vehicle I reach for the door handle which isn’t there. I like not seeing the parked wiper arms while driving, like previous MS. Really like the HVAC system, warms or cools without a bunch of wind blowing in your face, I hate that. Stereo is just fine. Went as long as possible with the stock tires, winters went on Monday. For those that don’t need winter tires FYI, they suck, May 1st can’t come quick enough. Couple minor panel gaps, a rattle in the driver’s mirror has me going to the SC next week. Love the wider body, reminds me of my wife, she’s wide in the hips, and she sure can cook.
Hope to see you guys in the future, please drive safe
Feel free to post a pic if you'd care to...all are interested...