Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is MF4515XX picked up in Decatur on Nov 6
No such issues … yet

I’m a bit surprised @Milamber had a VIN before mine and picked up almost a month after. What was his car doing for an extra month?
Manager assures me this vehicle came straight from factory and was not a "reject" from another buyer. He stated the hold was was most definitely the white seats.
Also stated not the 1st time he has seen a phone paired to vehicle before owner delivery....most likely some numbnuts in service and thanked me for the picture...can find the culprit

They took it to to a paint shop in Roswell for correction and respray. Credit to the Service lead at Tesla as he basically said the same thing you did and said he would send it out for corrections....

Gotta love the "location" feature on the app....
My car going there as well...please let me know how the works turns out

Well, I missed the whistle so I almost feel obligated. But I don't want to store it. I bet it sells out quickly though and would do well on eBay. As if I need a project like storing and shipping this thing to make a couple hundred bucks. Id likely just give it to a neighbor kid or something after I stared at it for awhile and got sick of doing so.

Can you clarify... Are you staying at your neighbor kid or the cyberquad for a while? Just asking for your neighbor.

Tesla business is nothing if not consistent.

Delivery of my wife's MSLR next Monday. Average wholesale on her car is $45k. I have a wholesale offer at $45k. Tesla's offer is $36.1k which is eerily similar in discount to the lowball offer they gave me on a P85 many years ago ($8k). Tesla will not do a courtesy trade so there is no way to capture the Florida State Sales tax offset for a trade in.

These are not good people. I need a shower every time after "doing business" with them. Shame.

On a good note, her car was making the jump from train to truck the other day so it seems to be on schedule.

Gawd I love these cars.
Gawd I dislike these people.

It is a “Unique characteristic” of your <insert your model here>

Bahaha, I was told that line, too! They told me there's a lot of variability with the doors based on how the press was feeling that day. 😂

Ok so, I'm not sure if you are familiar with Troy Teslike or not, but he has his current table for production in Q4 at >900k. I think that's a doable number!

And I wonder how many out of this 280k will be in the service center (if they can get an appointment) by the end of January?

I will say something, the model 3 and y builds are very good now. I drove by yesterday and saw two of both and the outside gaps and stuff all looked really great (paint... Well...).

Makes me question why the model s and x can't get to those levels of consistency with such a lower volume.

Then I ask myself, has there been any Tesla ever built that was actually used as a daily driver that didn't go to the shop at least once in the first 6 months of ownership. The answer has to be no. I'm not sure how Lincoln scores even lower on the consumer reports study. They must build some real pieces of *sugar*.

Last edited:
Baby wipes are great.
There was an article from a car magazine that said their model y's white interior was showing wear and tear at 3 months. Can anyone who's had their model s for awhile chime in? I figured they'd be made of pretty much the same stuff.
we have a 2019 model S with 68K miles on our black interior/vegan. No signs of wear. Only issue we have had is sunscreen takes some elbow grease to get out. I think it looks as good as new despite all the miles. Not sure how the other colors last though.

@uthatcher my EDD for the Cyberwhistle has moved forward! One day earlier now! Yay!😃

Screenshot_20211202-083414_Chrome.jpg

I went to scope out my Delivery Center looking for my car - and found it! Looks great and can’t wait to pick it up tomorrow. For those interested, I saw probably 5-6 plaids, and 5-6 LRs on the lot waiting for delivery. Lots of different exterior options (colors and wheels) but over half of them were cream, the rest were black, and I did see one white.

Minor data point/point of interest (to me)
My MS 28 day EDD has stayed rock solid for the past 8 weeks or so, about to enter first day of EDD tomorrow
Meanwhile, my wife's newer Y order has been moving around - June on order, next day I think 3/6-4/3, then back to June, and this a.m. showing 2/28 - 3/28 (much earlier than we want, but whatever)
So, interesting the Y is updating and the S is solid. for the Y, i'm not sure if that has to do with texas coming online, supplies, etc.
More curiously to me, is how the S has NOT moved. When I ordered in May, i think it either said september or september-october.
Later it shifted around a little, including i think 11/12 - 12/12
From what I've seen with other folks months ago, the delivery is often near the end of that range or a few days after, even after a bunch of moving around.
So, now that I'm 12/3-12/31 and it hasn't moved (yet) and no VIN, i'm hopeful that the logistical monkey was targeting circa 12/12 all along, and maybe i'll get it around then.
so far no tightening up. i just find it interesting as compared to say, the Y movement.

Minor data point/point of interest (to me)
My MS 28 day EDD has stayed rock solid for the past 8 weeks or so, about to enter first day of EDD tomorrow
Meanwhile, my wife's newer Y order has been moving around - June on order, next day I think 3/6-4/3, then back to June, and this a.m. showing 2/28 - 3/28 (much earlier than we want, but whatever)
So, interesting the Y is updating and the S is solid. for the Y, i'm not sure if that has to do with texas coming online, supplies, etc.
More curiously to me, is how the S has NOT moved. When I ordered in May, i think it either said september or september-october.
Later it shifted around a little, including i think 11/12 - 12/12
From what I've seen with other folks months ago, the delivery is often near the end of that range or a few days after, even after a bunch of moving around.
So, now that I'm 12/3-12/31 and it hasn't moved (yet) and no VIN, i'm hopeful that the logistical monkey was targeting circa 12/12 all along, and maybe i'll get it around then.
so far no tightening up. i just find it interesting as compared to say, the Y movement.
I was around those same dates and it just tightened for me to the end of the month. I've been seeing a few Blue/White MS rolling out over the past few weeks so you might get locked in soon?

I took delivery of my MSLR Wht/Blk/19 yesterday afternoon at Houston Westchase. (RN1152 MF456 VIN) The delivery was originally scheduled for Friday, but I received a text Tuesday evening asking if I wanted an earlier appointment. The car seems to be in good shape after reading through this thread and the consolidated checklist. All of the floor mats, fobs, and trunk covers were included in the vehicle. Tires were all inflated to 44 psi, and there were no issues with paint, gaps, or significant seat wrinkling. I do see some minor distortion along the lower back windshield, but as @cwanja said a few days ago, it is probably the bottom 5% or less. I have not noticed the acceleration vibration at 40 mph, but have also been a little overwhelmed with getting used to all of the controls and settings since this is my first Tesla. Overall, it seems like build quality is improving after lurking on this thread for the last five months and reading some of the horror stories.

I also sold my 2020 BMW M340i yesterday. Tesla’s trade in offer was low, as expected. I shopped the car to Vroom, CarMax, Carvana, and CarGurus. Out of all of these options, CarMax was about 10% higher than the others. Yesterday morning, I submitted the information to GiveMeTheVin and they offered $2k more than CarMax. I was able to get the deal done with GiveMeTheVin in a few hours, and it was a really easy process to drop the car off and pick up a check for the equity.

Thanks to all of the regulars on this thread for the helpful tips and tricks, it made navigating the purchasing process much easier. Communication from Tesla during the sales and delivery process was almost non-existent, but the information from this thread allowed me to proactively keep the process moving forward.

As so many other people have said before, the car is 100% worth the wait!

Bahaha, I was told that line, too! They told me there's a lot of variability with the doors based on how the press was feeling that day. 😂

And I wonder how many out of this 280k will be in the service center (if they can get an appointment) by the end of January?

I will say something, the model 3 and y builds are very good now. I drove by yesterday and saw two of both and the outside gaps and stuff all looked really great (paint... Well...).

Makes me question why the model s and x can't get to those levels of consistency with such a lower volume.

Then I ask myself, has there been any Tesla ever built that was actually used as a daily driver that didn't go to the shop at least once in the first 6 months of ownership. The answer has to be no. I'm not sure how Lincoln scores even lower on the consumer reports study. They must build some real pieces of *sugar*.
6 out of 8 did not require a visit

I’m at five months as a daily driver and so far so good. Hope I didn’t just jinks myself!