Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was around those same dates and it just tightened for me to the end of the month. I've been seeing a few Blue/White MS rolling out over the past few weeks so you might get locked in soon?
Thanks hoping very much. the only blues i've seen lately seem to be MFs or if i even saw an NF, then it was a plaid - i don't remember, but definitely not many blues.
maybe from the dusty 452, but I won't take an MF.
meanwhile, as the dates have NOT pushed back, that tells me that maybe blues are in production. maybe. possibly. perhaps.

For those of you wanting to put non OEM size tires - see this - 19" OEM front diameter is 28.1” and 21" OEM front diameter is 28.3"… my 20" aftermarket tire diameter is 28.5”… I have barely 4mm left before the tire fouls with the upper control arm!

Attachments

• 5AC856B3-7967-4B88-9BAD-8F3F29B0CD4F.jpeg
    5AC856B3-7967-4B88-9BAD-8F3F29B0CD4F.jpeg
    437.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Just dropped my car off in Lake Forest. My original windshield was scratched so they swapped it out at my request some time ago. Unfortunately the replacement has a ripple toward the middle of the windshield. It's small but I kept picking it up in my periphery. I see the many reports of service centers telling people their complaints are in spec but my experience has always been the complete opposite. The service staff has always bent over backwards to satisfy me across 3 different locations. I've never made a fuss, just showed them what I have. In this case, they are going to pull and carefully check multiple windshields they have on hand to hopefully find one that's better. Yes, the part variability sucks but service is going above and beyond. They also had a Dual Motor Model 3 with acceleration boost and FSD as a loaner for me. So add that to your datapoints.

For those of you wanting to put non OEM size tires - see this - 19" OEM front diameter is 28.1” and 21" OEM front diameter is 28.3"… my 20" aftermarket tire diameter is 28.5”… I have barely 4mm left before the tire fouls with the upper control arm!
2-3mm is enough, so you have extra clearance, lol!

2-3mm is enough, so you have extra clearance, lol!
sure! if you say so :) yes i have clearance, but Ive seen folks buying tires w/o checking diameter. there's one (who shall remain nameless, but is here) who bought 275s square setup with a 29.5" diameter :) id love to see his face when his tire shop gives him the "oh Sh1t"at install

Just got home from picking up my Model S. No issues with build quality that I could see. I've only driven about 20 miles and the cameras calibrated quickly and I haven't touched the brakes! Only issue to this point is the paper tab on the key fob broke instead of pulling out.. And, the key fob won't attach to a standard keyring. Very, very minor stuff. Now I'm about to transfer my SiriusXM service and see if I can pair the car to my garage door opener.

yesterday i learned about brake bedding. today ambigrams. i can't wait for tomorrow! this site should charge, and give college credits!
Brake bedding was new to me too! I'll get around to that this afternoon, but the only time I've used the brakes is to put the car in 'gear' if you want to call it that. Another thing I learned yesterday is to torque the lugnuts after a couple of hundred miles. That makes sense. The only time I've torques lugnuts is the time I inherited a company car from someone who had been laid off.

Here's a sort of expected thing - as a full blooded TMC member waiting for my beast, and fearing the app isn't accurate, i went to the website (again) - and this time, it shows 7 videos for the S versus the same single one with the male voice from June.
and yes, i watched that video multiple times. showed my wife. my mirror. my wall. my dog.
last night, i watched the 7 videos from the app, and again, they are now showing up on the website as well.
um, yippie?
also the app seems to be taking a long time to retrieve info - maybe a massive server EDD change is a comin. it was very slow to post the EDDs on my MY and MS orders.

Just got home from picking up my Model S. No issues with build quality that I could see. I've only driven about 20 miles and the cameras calibrated quickly and I haven't touched the brakes! Only issue to this point is the paper tab on the key fob broke instead of pulling out.. And, the key fob won't attach to a standard keyring. Very, very minor stuff. Now I'm about to transfer my SiriusXM service and see if I can pair the car to my garage door opener.
Should be able to open the fob, remove the battery and remove the paper tab. Then reassemble.

Additionally, put the fob somewhere else and use the keycard or phone key. 👍🏼 if you really need a keyring, I think there are first- and third-party accessories that "wrap" the fob and allow a keyring attachment.

What's your aftermarket tire?

I am looking at the 20" square setup from TSportline and they are putting 285 / 35 / 20 and Tire Rack says diameter is 27.9 for the Michelin PSAS4.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid