Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No I don’t want to see them, I don’t need anything else to keep me up at night. 😆
Ok then lol! Wasn't going to show ya ANYWAY!! 🤣

ErMhE1KXEAIIrQ6.png

About to enter the EDD range for the fourth time tomorrow. Nothing much to update other then the few exchanges with two SAs yesterday when dropping off our ‘22 M3P.

First - they determined that the frunk hood was manufactured “out of spec”!!! 😂😂😂 An out of spec Tesla Panel!!! So they ordered a new hood.

Second - asked two SAs to take a look at the status of my MSLR and SA #1 couldn’t tell me much other than I am definitely getting it this month. Then later SA #2 showed me his screen. The system only showed the same EDD range as in my App and nothing more. He unsuccessfully looked for more information and said that meant it’s still in a soft match status.

So, back to waiting…

That'll likely be locked in. Especially as they likely won't be making the tri motor CT, they'll probably do that for reservation holders.
I’m afraid this quad motor change is also going to be the “we decided no one needs 500 miles” change. Which is so wrong on this truck. It needs 500 miles desperately to be able to tow.

I’m afraid this quad motor change is also going to be the “we decided no one needs 500 miles” change. Which is so wrong on this truck. It needs 500 miles desperately to be able to tow.

It's just the usual bait and switch Elon does. The pricing is going to be the hilarious part. Dude takes millions of reservations for years and then just decides that nice of the specs they showed are feasible for the money. Elons antics get so old. It's 101 of how not to run a company but his brainwashed fan base is so damn big.

Love the cars (when they are built correctly and the software works)... Starting to see the light on the company's tactics tho

It's just the usual bait and switch Elon does. The pricing is going to be the hilarious part. Dude takes millions of reservations for years and then just decides that nice of the specs they showed are feasible for the money. Elons antics get so old. It's 101 of how not to run a company but his brainwashed fan base is so damn big.

Love the cars (when they are built correctly and the software works)... Starting to see the light on the company's tactics tho
Yeah I was shocked by CT pricing. Watch it now be like $119k for quad with 400 mile range and $99k for dual with 300 mile range. I’ll be canceling if it’s like that.

Ok. Took delivery. Of a pretty much perfect Model S woot.

I didn't see any obvious paint defects. The lines look fine to me. I have the worm.

One big issue that I didn't notice till I was driving. My AC just blows hot air. Thank goodness it's getting cold here but it was 75 today. AC woulda been nice on the drive home. Guess service appt is getting scheduled soon.

Everything was in the car except the cover over the trunk storage. I have to create a service appt for that too. Floor mats, fobs, parcel shelf.

Seats in the rear have a very minor wrinkle. Not anything to bother me. Likely will go away with time.

Doors are hard to close. But they seem to be getting better already.

Drives like a maniac. Love it. Yoke I'm still trying to remember to push buttons to turn.

Overall. Damn thing is awesome. The wait sucked. Today was a good day.

Software is 2021.40.6, said firmware was applied yesterday.

I also had a fun challenge. I kept hitting play on Spotify and it would just stop. Over and over again. Stupid me. I had the volume down to zero. I turned it to 11 and worked fine. :D

The kitty shirt is the cat from the prototype MS window stickers by the way.

View attachment 740334
Mine has intermittently lost AC (just blows ambient air) since new (early Aug). The part has been on order since just after delivery. The problem only appears when the AC is switching its configuration - as in - only when the cabin and outside are reasonably close and the AC switches off for a bit as the cabin is cool enough. Hot days it never stops working.

Nah I don't think so. If anything it could be more. Tesla has always exceeded their initial specs for their cars. I don't see them stopping that now. And it will definitely have more performance and towing with the Quad motor now. Now regarding pricing, I really don't expect it to be over 100k. That would be insane.
I'm more expecting the Quad to be in the $80,000 range, and the Dual to be in the $50,000 range. Not bad when you consider the likely massively improvement in capability. Plus inflation alone would cause a price increase by itself. Never mind the fact that they are literally sold out for years. Even if half of those 1.3 million orders cancel, it'll still be like 2-4 years of production. So they actually want people to cancel to a certain extent, in order be able to fill those orders.
Nevertheless, like I said I don't see the Quad being more than $100,000.😄

Yeah I was shocked by CT pricing. Watch it now be like $119k for quad with 400 mile range and $99k for dual with 300 mile range. I’ll be canceling if it’s like that.

That's my bet and it'll be coming at the end of 2023! (only 3 years late!)

@2021plaid I love you bro but after that post you need to remove the "realism" from your signature man. LOL Drinking that kool aid hard!!!!