Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha, I had a silver one. Si no less.
I had a red 1985 CRX! Very fun and tossable car!
Fun times.

In addition to my '90 CRX Si, had an '85 CRX that I flipped on an off ramp I(black ice) in Latham NY in '86. My mother would not 'let' me get another, so I purchased a 200SX V6. Once I moved to SoCal, traded that in for a new '90 Si. Those things were amazing.It's 'replacement' the del Sol was not even mediocre, but a timid barbie ride compared to the raw fun of the original and '88 redesign.

Fun times.

In addition to my '90 CRX Si, had an '85 CRX that I flipped on an off ramp I(black ice) in Latham NY in '86. My mother would not 'let' me get another, so I purchased a 200SX V6. Once I moved to SoCal, traded that in for a new '90 Si. Those things were amazing.It's 'replacement' the del Sol was not even mediocre, but a timid barbie ride compared to the raw fun of the original and '88 redesign.
I think I may have enjoyed that car the most, of all of them. Closest likeness was my 2006 NC Miata.

Light for an EV, I suppose. But 3800 pounds is 911 Turbo territory and everyone complains about how they porked out. OK, yeah, this is a sedan. Yeah, maybe mid-5's because it's not saddled with shifting through 10 gears. But 201HP? That's like mid-1980's GM level HP there.
But it will surely make up for lack of HP with lots of torque.

Ah, yes, you’re right! The HX came much later.

You've just got to love Model S delivery discussions. 😂
I owned a 1989 CRX HF (High Fuel economy)! Funny how so many Tesla people on this site owned a CRX way back! Mine was pretty slow, but got like 48 mpg, which was insane for 1989. That was such a fun, light car! One of my favorites from that era!

My DM S blue with white interior 19” has EDD of today through Jan 18. Ordered in July 11539. SA has no info and says the app is the best estimate. Is it typical for a 2-week window and running right into it? I would’ve expected a tighter delivery window by now.
Do you have a VIN yet? If not, no guarantees on any date showing. (in fact, even WITH a VIN, no guarantees.)

Rings a bell. Is that the high MPG model with rock hard tires?’ Edit: And I think it was the “HF”
Correct, I test drove an HF, but it was slooow...

The DX was like 0-60 in 10 or so, HF was like 13.

Si was very hard to find, took months reading every car trader mag in Socal just to find a DX. Then after the timing belt broke and bent a valve, because the prior owner had lied and turned the clock back 50k or more miles, ran it on 3 cylinders for a few years, and 80k miles still got 26 mpg.

To be back on topic, today I will spit in the evil eye of Omicron and take a road trip to Tesla land, south SF. Maybe I will go to Freemont and peek though the fence.

Absolutely my dude! The funny thing is, it's around 2 days away from the unveil, and no one knows what it looks like. I wonder if we'll have a CT-like unveil where it actually went as the manufacturer wanted. Would be interesting. That secret is being kept well. I think it helps that it will be unveiled digitally, and so no physical prototype will need to be transported to CES at Vegas.

Maybe it does not exist, and they will do a Lazer hologram of it, like Elon did with Grimes at the CT invite.

Those were the days...

Correct, I test drove an HF, but it was slooow...

The DX was like 0-60 in 10 or so, HF was like 13.

Si was very hard to find, took months reading every car trader mag in Socal just to find a DX. Then after the timing belt broke and bent a valve, because the prior owner had lied and turned the clock back 50k or more miles, ran it on 3 cylinders for a few years, and 80k miles still got 26 mpg.

To be back on topic, today I will spit in the evil eye of Omicron and take a road trip to Tesla land, south SF. Maybe I will go to Freemont and peek though the fence.
You probably have more of a chance of getting mugged!

Hi all,
here's a minor update and request for group therapy.
I called the local dealership just now, because why not? i'm 2 days from my EDD and figured let's put some gentle squeeze on - remind them i lost my vin and appointment, etc. -
new SA confirmed my VIN was never built.
anyway, things are looking good, yada, they had me complete things on the profile - switch from cash to finance, and also upload my registration and accept the trade in offer and i could always change that.
okay, sure, no problem.
then it hit. da dum! my price went up $10k. Like Peter at the end of far from home, and beginning of no way home, "wtf?" - so now they have to look into why my price went up $10k.
My order from December 17 (the date I spoke with an SA after i think I had my VIN and removed FSD) was no problem, and my price has been steady all along. until today.
if, IF i "had to" accept FSD for the $10k i wouldn't be that upset - my neighbor was pushing me to drop it, as he had it on 3 cars, it sucked, and he did'nt get it for his plaid.
but to just drop $10k? that would put a damper on anyone's day.
it should sort out, but annoying. SA #2 to call me back later.
other tidbits. My car is probably not yet built, or is being finalized and a VIN should drop very soon. SA from December said the car CAN hit NJ in as little as 6 days, other SA today felt closer to 7 to 14 days. The feeling across the board with the 2 SAs today is my VIN should be very soon, and the car should be here soon.
i didn't want to pin them down to dates - they can't, and outside their control.
this $10k thing? for the birds. T won't "make it right" by giving a freebie - heck, i'd love a whistle gratis, but this is Tesla, so I'll be lucky to get my car, let alone floor mats...

No VIN yet. You would think EDD would automatically push itself out a bit and not overlap with the current date if no VIN. This is my first Tesla so all new to me.
Ahh. Your first Tesla ordering Rodeo? Yes, its different from anywhere else. Without going into great detail, my advice? Set your customer service type expectations during the ordering process, very low. Then take those expectations 3 steps further down, from there. You'll be fine. Remember: its a company that has no REAL competition in the EV space right now. As such, they treat you as such/as its a privilege to buy from them.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hi all,
here's a minor update and request for group therapy.
I called the local dealership just now, because why not? i'm 2 days from my EDD and figured let's put some gentle squeeze on - remind them i lost my vin and appointment, etc. -
new SA confirmed my VIN was never built.
anyway, things are looking good, yada, they had me complete things on the profile - switch from cash to finance, and also upload my registration and accept the trade in offer and i could always change that.
okay, sure, no problem.
then it hit. da dum! my price went up $10k. Like Peter at the end of far from home, and beginning of no way home, "wtf?" - so now they have to look into why my price went up $10k.
My order from December 17 (the date I spoke with an SA after i think I had my VIN and removed FSD) was no problem, and my price has been steady all along. until today.
if, IF i "had to" accept FSD for the $10k i wouldn't be that upset - my neighbor was pushing me to drop it, as he had it on 3 cars, it sucked, and he did'nt get it for his plaid.
but to just drop $10k? that would put a damper on anyone's day.
it should sort out, but annoying. SA #2 to call me back later.
other tidbits. My car is probably not yet built, or is being finalized and a VIN should drop very soon. SA from December said the car CAN hit NJ in as little as 6 days, other SA today felt closer to 7 to 14 days. The feeling across the board with the 2 SAs today is my VIN should be very soon, and the car should be here soon.
i didn't want to pin them down to dates - they can't, and outside their control.
this $10k thing? for the birds. T won't "make it right" by giving a freebie - heck, i'd love a whistle gratis, but this is Tesla, so I'll be lucky to get my car, let alone floor mats...
Making sure I go in and screenshot my pricing sheet right now for safekeeping. Just in case...