Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Get off your soap box people. This is a delivery date thread.
What delivery dates?

All we get from Tesla is EDD slips, so many that I've lost count now on our early December 2020 (yes, more than a YEAR AGO) order . . . .

I get it: why would Tesla build us a Model S LR at the original price when it can get at least another $15k from a newer order? And the Plaids add another, what, $20k or $30k in pure margin so they're the priority seven days a week (and twice on Sundays).

But, hey, at some point they might stop slipping our delivery so there's hope. Perhaps by 2023 we'll have the car, with the added benefit of newly refreshed tail lights!

This one looks better:

Alot cheaper too.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
If any responded before, i missed it (and sorry).
I have about 3 versions of the downloadable refresh manual.
now it seems there is no more downloaded manuals - am i missing something, or does someone have a back door, link, etc.?
i'm one of "those guys" who reads his car owner's manuals - preferably before pickup (yes, i skip the seat belt sections, etc. though I did learn the retraction mechanism has a pendulum and will lock into place if on a downhill) - anyway, I'd like to read up on the latest and greatest, i.e. learn that active noise cancellation doesn't exist anymore, and now ARNR is the new king, etc. (also, maybe it would show the new UI)
oneone able to help a fella out? i'd rather not click all over the website instructions.
thanks!

If any responded before, i missed it (and sorry).
I have about 3 versions of the downloadable refresh manual.
now it seems there is no more downloaded manuals - am i missing something, or does someone have a back door, link, etc.?
i'm one of "those guys" who reads his car owner's manuals - preferably before pickup (yes, i skip the seat belt sections, etc. though I did learn the retraction mechanism has a pendulum and will lock into place if on a downhill) - anyway, I'd like to read up on the latest and greatest, i.e. learn that active noise cancellation doesn't exist anymore, and now ARNR is the new king, etc. (also, maybe it would show the new UI)
oneone able to help a fella out? i'd rather not click all over the website instructions.
thanks!
Bait and switch. ACN would be great, like Bose headphones. ARNR is the illegitimate cousin of ACN.....

It looks like they removed the PDF version, for good. Kind of makes sense, easier to update individual web pages than republish.

PDF Model S Owners Manual North America - Tesla, Inc. < used to be the PDF link now redirects to https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual where you just select a car. Think those who want a PDF hard-copy or offline copy are out of luck. Also makes it harder to do a comparison.

Ok new charge port along with new taillights should be this tomorrow:
It's likely that the US version switches over at the same time as the export Model S.

2nd half of 2022 at earliest?

Personally, I do not have an issue with the current lights. I do like diffused lights but these, I feel, cheapen the rear by too commonizing the S3XY line.. The bar across the back gives it an appearance of width. Will withhold full judgement until I see an actual picture or vehicle where they can be seen better.

It looks like they removed the PDF version, for good. Kind of makes sense, easier to update individual web pages than republish.

PDF Model S Owners Manual North America - Tesla, Inc. < used to be the PDF link now redirects to https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual where you just select a car. Think those who want a PDF hard-copy or offline copy are out of luck. Also makes it harder to do a comparison.
thanks, i agree. from their standpoint, a lot less work (in my mind) - no formatting, etc. - just put the info on the web, make a change, change the page - versus reformatting in a book format, etc.
also, if they're slick, they can have common sections for several models - i.e. the seatbelt section may be the same for all, except possibly location for some anchor points for example, so they can have common text, and then add several photos and use the combined stuff.

I'm sorely tempted to pause my delivery....but naw.
As a datapoint, though I had previously uploaded the pdf my insurance card on the web (as I recall, it was a pdf upload), and more recently entered updated info into the app, I received a text congratulating me, it mentioned my vin, and asked for certain things on the insurance card like the vin, etc. and that i could email it to an email address that had my SC in it - so i did along with a small request to contact me with any updated info.
i want the car, and want it NOW (like an oompa loompa).
i'd hate to push back 2 months, but would like new head and tail lights. sigh, i guess i'll be "stuck" with the current ones. that's fine.
1641835806282.png