Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Maybe I will opt back in to the beta testing.
I did the “opt back in” thing three days ago, and received 30.1, not 30.5, yesterday…. Also, cleaned up the two cars yesterday, just in time for a week’s of rain, which starts today.

BF96FA90-4B11-465F-8C89-A33F96B1C783.jpeg

502A814B-D992-4344-89E2-C284871550FA.jpeg

@Hayseed_MS Please let me know how long it takes you to get the beta back, once opting in via the UI.

Last edited:
I'm sorely tempted to pause my delivery....but naw.
As a datapoint, though I had previously uploaded the pdf my insurance card on the web (as I recall, it was a pdf upload), and more recently entered updated info into the app, I received a text congratulating me, it mentioned my vin, and asked for certain things on the insurance card like the vin, etc. and that i could email it to an email address that had my SC in it - so i did along with a small request to contact me with any updated info.
i want the car, and want it NOW (like an oompa loompa).
i'd hate to push back 2 months, but would like new head and tail lights. sigh, i guess i'll be "stuck" with the current ones. that's fine.
View attachment 754186
Was debating the same for about 3 seconds. Realized the current rear design dates back to 2012. I can’t drop 100K on a car that’s about to have a refresh. Especially with a decade old look to it. I want it, but have the MY. So I'll wait. Happy it’s officially being released. Everything was rumor until today.

I'm like who is this @EndlessPlaid character trying to give 2021Plaid a run. Nice!

So far they are neck and neck. I'm betting on the newcomer @EndlessPlaid bot to pass the @2021Plaid bot.
Here you go lol in case you didn't see!😃

Reactions: BobbyRitz
Except that Tesla is not exporting S's and X's
They are about to start.
2nd half of 2022 at earliest?

Personally, I do not have an issue with the current lights. I do like diffused lights but these, I feel, cheapen the rear by too commonizing the S3XY line.. The bar across the back gives it an appearance of width. Will withhold full judgement until I see an actual picture or vehicle where they can be seen better.
Yeah first half is my guess for the new taillights.😀

Reactions: neadams99
Oh brother… here we go again with all the bot BS…. 🤨

Definitely saw it. 😆

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Was debating the same for about 3 seconds. Realized the current rear design dates back to 2012. I can’t drop 100K on a car that’s about to have a refresh. Especially with a decade old look to it. I want it, but have the MY. So I'll wait. Happy it’s officially being released. Everything was rumor until today.
i don't plan to hold more than 3 years, so my next car can have new lights, and 4680 batteries...since i want it in 3 years, i guess i should order it...yesterday.

And why is today not a rumor?

Wait, Plaid and beta and no track mode on firmware 2021.44.30.5?!
That is correct. Unless I've got some special unicorn update, but 2021.44.30.5 does not have Track Mode and Testify also has no mention of Track Mode for this release.