Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did the “opt back in” thing three days ago, and received 30.1, not 30.5, yesterday…. Also, cleaned up the two cars yesterday, just in time for a week’s of rain, which starts today.

View attachment 754188

View attachment 754189
@Hayseed_MS Please let me know how long it takes you to get the beta back, once opting in via the UI.
Wait! What! They don't have hydraulic lifts in the garages in the Seattle area?? WTF??

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
That is correct. Unless I've got some special unicorn update, but 2021.44.30.5 does not have Track Mode and Testify also has no mention of Track Mode for this release.

Sounds like you have a unicorn to me. Here is screen from my Plaid. Track mode and three strikes limit.
IMG_6159D.jpeg

That is correct. Unless I've got some special unicorn update, but 2021.44.30.5 does not have Track Mode and Testify also has no mention of Track Mode for this release.

So, you had track mode, then lost it after opting back in?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Highly doubt North American cars will be include CCS2, tesla isn’t going to manufacture 2 versions with different rear end assembly.
They have been doing that forever. For example the S/X that go to China have a different rear quarter panel with a "gas flap" to cover the GB/T charging ports.

S/X are low volume so they can have differences on the line and it isn't a big deal.

Was debating the same for about 3 seconds. Realized the current rear design dates back to 2012. I can’t drop 100K on a car that’s about to have a refresh. Especially with a decade old look to it. I want it, but have the MY. So I'll wait. Happy it’s officially being released. Everything was rumor until today.
I ordered the same day as you and have the same RN11538. My date was previously Jan 10 - Feb 13 and it just went TBD.
I am also waiting for the new taillights before buying, but I'm not going to put the order on hold yet. It's possible the one I get assigned has new taillights anyway, so I'll wait to see what happens before officially delaying.

No, no...I've not opted of Beta (I'm either persistent or delusional or both) out and have not seen the elusive Track Mode. But with @Bull mentioned, maybe I do in fact have it.

I'll go do the reboot shortly.
Ok, so after the reboot, Track Mode did appear! Sorry for spreading misinformation, by now I would think that I would know that I don't know until I really know when it comes to Tesla.

It is currently grayed out, but the car is plugged in and I don't have time to tinker with it at the moment.

IMG_0715.jpeg

Here you go lol in case you didn't see!😃
Remember these bad boys? EDIT: Seems they are still around. They were the *sugar* back in the in the early 90s.

1641842022718.png

They have been doing that forever. For example the S/X that go to China have a different rear quarter panel with a "gas flap" to cover the GB/T charging ports.

S/X are low volume so they can have differences on the line and it isn't a big deal.
We can just disagree, and find out tomorrow. If the announcement includes a re-designed rear end. Hard to believe Tesla would ship one version globally, a separate version in North America. If the change is strictly related to the charge port, it’s possible. Current charge port isn’t large enough to support CCS2, which is why I believe the entire rear end assembly is being updated.

We can just disagree, and find out tomorrow. If the announcement includes a re-designed rear end. Hard to believe Tesla would ship one version globally, a separate version in North America. If the change is strictly related to the charge port, it’s possible. Current charge port isn’t large enough to support CCS2, which is why I believe the entire rear end assembly is being updated.
The biggest evidence to support a new North American charge port is because the EPC has one it in! It was briefly in the USA EPC, but removed when people found it. They forgot to take it off the Canadian one.
You can go ahead and see it now, go to epc.tesla.com, set your region to Canada, and then navigate to

Model S Feb 2021 > 44 - HIGH VOLTAGE SYSTEM > 4401 - Charge System Inlet > Charge Port

It's right there, a new charge port design that would fit the new taillight design, and with a north american tesla plug.

1641842716424.png

I initially thought it would need a whole new rear assembly, but it looks like they are only replacing the taillights, based on the car that was spotted at Fremont a few weeks back. If the push the charge port back a few inches into the new taillight assembly it can fit CCS just fine. The ugly black bar even looks to be remaining, but it no longer will protrude into the lights. I'd have preferred for the bar to be removed, but as long as the taillights are updated to the diffused look I'm fine with it.

Ok, so after the reboot, Track Mode did appear! Sorry for spreading misinformation, by now I would think that I would know that I don't know until I really know when it comes to Tesla.

It is currently grayed out, but the car is plugged in and I don't have time to tinker with it at the moment.

View attachment 754221
Have to be in park with brake engaged to activate track mode.

Well and even if it was just the charge port, these lights are completely different. And they wouldn't spend money on changing the center bar too. That's cosmetic. That's on purpose. Otherwise they would've just tried to work the new port in with the old one.
Knowing Tesla, they likely knew they had to do this, and decided to redesign the taillights globally in the process. Two birds with one stone, and I could bet that those lights are cheaper to make.

Well and even if it was just the charge port, these lights are completely different. And they wouldn't spend money on changing the center bar too. That's cosmetic. That's on purpose. Otherwise they would've just tried to work the new port in with the old one.
Knowing Tesla, they likely knew they had to do this, and decided to redesign the taillights globally in the process. Two birds with one stone, and I could bet that those lights are cheaper to make.
Agreed. excited to find out tomorrow.

i feel like i'm "getting close" - i got an email invitation (i've heard of these) for a live chat.
I can't imagine what would be worse, this or dropping a brick on my toe.
anybody actually "attend" one of these, and was it worthwhile? i'm sure it will feel endless! :)
I figure i can pick up more by reading a mere 4,010 pages of this thread.
1641850857922.png

i feel like i'm "getting close" - i got an email invitation (i've heard of these) for a live chat.
I can't imagine what would be worse, this or dropping a brick on my toe.
anybody actually "attend" one of these, and was it worthwhile? i'm sure it will feel endless! :)
I figure i can pick up more by reading a mere 4,010 pages of this thread.
View attachment 754293
I attended one. It was all very basic information. If you haven't driven a Tesla before it may be useful, but most of the information they tell you, you'd gain from a test drive.

Last edited: