Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thanks, at the end of the day, i guess i'll bring it to BOA and see what they say. i might also send it back to the guy and be done. i don't want to walk from $11k, but also dont' want to get burned.
Do not trust BOA to pick out a scam check. They can be very hard to spot. If they deposit and it takes 7 days for them to figure out it was fake, if the car is gone you are screwed.

No. The original headlights used replaceable HID bulbs. (Which some argue are still better than the current headlights.) I think they switched to sealed LED headlights sometime in 2016 or 2017.

Well they have pretty much always done that. Some regions, US, have two backup lights, other regions have one backup light and a rear fog light. Some regions have red turn signals, others have yellow. They could design a universal set of taillights but they haven't done that so far.
There is a surprising amount of variability in car light requirements in different jurisdictions. I lived in Switzerland a while ago and wanted to import my (relatively new) car from the US. Found out that I would have to change all the lights. Also Suisse regulations were different than surrounding countries. Gave up and bought a Suisse car.
I doubt that anyone could design a "universal" taillight.

You forgot the current owners that don't want it to be true :)

I guess my point is that no matter what you want (or do not want) in your heart or what may be logical does not matter. What is on Twitter (especially) does not matter. What Tesla does is what Tesla does and we will know soon enough without changing our lives around speculation, rumors, and Sawyer.

I have the "old" lights. To me they are not dated or bad. All things being equal, I would prefer the new ones and if a retrofit is possible, I will retro the new ones in because I am just that goofy. But to worry or have FOMO over something we know nothing about is just wasted energy.

I would say do not mess with private buyers out of state that have to mail you checks, arrange transportation, etc. Handle it all in-person and get validated bank documents to prove the fact.

I sold to a private buyer back in June - absolutely painless experience with him, his CU and took all of a week. Extra $10,000 - $20,000 versus what Vroom, CarMax, etc. were offering.
thanks =- that's what i wanted - someone local, take a drive, bust my chops a little, and then pay me more than i can get elsewhere, and less than a dealership would charge them - a win win.
yeah, everything stinks about this. i'll probably just send the check back. will cost me $15 or whatever in tracking. doesn't feel right.

Chad @ Givemethevin is the best, hands down. I have done over 15 deals with him and I'm in Canada. A+ Don't mess around with cash buyers/ private in this market. Everyone will pay top dollar, use trusted sources!
i hear ya. they offered me about the same as the other 3rd parties, but wanted me to drive the car about an hour away. no thanks.

Scam.

I traded the Rover into Tesla for three reasons:
1) Time to valuable to fart around with selling and scammers
2) Sales tax benefit from trading
3) Simplicity of just throwing the keys at them and taking off

For me Tesla was pretty close on price to the third parties - at least close enough for my taste.
Pretty much agree 100%. i'm not aware of the tax savings - but even scrapping that 1) tesla is about $600 more than the 3rd parties, i'm really suprised 2) your number 3 is right on. Drive with old car, leave with new car - donezo. otherwise, i need my wife to drive me, or uber, etc.
note - for $11k i'll take uber or have my wife give me a lift. but if it's an out of state scam, it is $0 or negative, so yeah, looks like the trade in it will be. but, for my fomo, neuroses, etc. - well, i can do a little due diligence for $11k.

She's here! No new lights, but everything seems to be in order (minus the missing parcel shelf)
MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg

seems i missed out in some juicy rumors. @EndlessPlaid can you give us peasants a tldr?
Ahh it's nothing too huge. Apparently the lines which supposedly started retooling Monday night have finished that, and Tesla is clearing remaining inventory, before spinning the lines back up to max production and delivering the new lights! March seems like the best guess at this point.

The universe wants me to get the new lights. The car that was being delivered to me next week (scheduled delivery) got pulled from my reservation due to damage and now I'm back in the same boat: reservation but no VIN. Ugh!! And I went through the hassle of getting all my financing taken care of today! The agent told me I was bumped up to the immediate rematch queue so he thinks I'll get one of the first Plaids with my specs that comes off the Fremont factory floor in the next few days. I really hope so because my credit union is giving me a good deal and I don't want to go through credit pulls again.

Ahh it's nothing too huge. Apparently the lines which supposedly started retooling Monday night have finished that, and Tesla is clearing remaining inventory, before spinning the lines back up to max production and delivering the new lights! March seems like the best guess at this point.

Why the hell is it going to take them an entire month to get rid of a few dozen cars?!?!?!?!

Wait, wait, wait…it was made very clear a week or so ago that supply had caught up with demand because there was a couple hundred Plaids available in the US. And there was around 15-16 available in LA to prove it. So I also checked NJ and there was a bunch. So @Tigers of course it’ll take weeks to clear out the remaining cars maybe more. Plaids are a dime a dozen, nobody wants them.

Never mind that yesterday there was 2 available in LA and none in the NJ zip I checked. Let’s not any of us confuse facts with what we want to think.

Not a dig at you @Tigers, I just get a kick out of last weeks story vs this weeks.

Wait, wait, wait…it was made very clear a week or so ago that supply had caught up with demand because there was a couple hundred Plaids available in the US. And there was around 15-16 available in LA to prove it. So I also checked NJ and there was a bunch. So @Tigers of course it’ll take weeks to clear out the remaining cars maybe more. Plaids are a dime a dozen, nobody wants them.

Never mind that yesterday there was 2 available in LA and none in the NJ zip I checked. Let’s not any of us confuse facts with what we want to think.

Not a dig at you @Tigers, I just get a kick out of last weeks story vs this weeks.
Where did you find them in NJ? I'm checking existing inventory and I see Philly that has one.

Where did you find them in NJ? I'm checking existing inventory and I see Philly that has one.

Checking the inventory at different cities, I just saw two Plaids available in St. Louis but both are 2021. (see below).

2021 Model S​

Model S Plaid
Less than 50 mile odometer
St. Louis
$137,990
$1,973 /mo

No Est. Transport Fee
  • Vehicle Render

Vehicle Render
  • Vehicle Render

Vehicle Render
  • Vehicle Render