Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just applied there myself (for membership). I'm hoping they can turn over the member and loan apps quickly because my delivery is in 4 days.
I went through this process last week with DCU. Started on a Tuesday afternoon and by Wednesday afternoon, I had an account set up, my loan approved and a check mailed via FedEx. Two thumbs up for DCU, everyone I spoke to was super friendly and helpful. Yes the wait times are long if you need to call but if you choose the option to have them call you back. It works very well. I highly recommend DCU.

They will drag for a couple miles as they "self adjust".
146DB1BC-50BF-42E4-9EF7-598EE9EA9AB5.jpeg
CCEB19D3-3147-4C1C-B9A7-F7478E5E7E32.jpeg
Adjusted!

Agreed!

He's a crook so feel free to string him alooooong for as long as you can.

Have him send you a check, then call the bank where it's drawn from to see how hard it'll bounce.

My "cashier's check" was from a bank branch that no longer existed, and from a company in yet another state up the East coast, that no longer existed either . . . yet the check looked soooo real!

We didn't send the check back, but I did call or text him back to advise that the check was bad and to please send a good check so I could ship him the car:)
Yeah, again, sorry about that. Good check is on its way for sure tho.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Those are some sweeet looking wheels! Are those mudflaps from Amazon? I am still waiting for an OEM solution 🧐
Might want to check out the Accessories thread. These are OEM front flaps:

Might want to check out the Accessories thread. These are OEM front flaps:

Thanks! Just glimpsed at that thread and placed an order.

I went through this process last week with DCU. Started on a Tuesday afternoon and by Wednesday afternoon, I had an account set up, my loan approved and a check mailed via FedEx. Two thumbs up for DCU, everyone I spoke to was super friendly and helpful. Yes the wait times are long if you need to call but if you choose the option to have them call you back. It works very well. I highly recommend DCU.
Thank you for the perspective I’m going to give them a shot. Running into a small issue getting through the membership application, but I’m sure it will get sorted out. Still awaiting a VIN (delivery window starts in 4 days), so I’ve got nothing but time….

Yeah everyone I've talked to has said that as far as they know, Texas is starting with 4680! That's the current plan. I'm confident we'll know in about 9 days.
And that makes me really wonder about range, weight, performance...all of it. It would be kind of cool if Tesla gapped everyone again on range. Like to the extent of how a Plaid gaps everything in acceleration...a LOT.

And that makes me really wonder about range, weight, performance...all of it. It would be kind of cool if Tesla gapped everyone again on range. Like to the extent of how a Plaid gaps everything in acceleration...a LOT.
Well they really couldn't right now, considering that the Model X is probably 2-3 years from getting 4680s. They can't have the cheaper lower end SUV doing a better range than the top end product. And if they were to do that, it's likely be in a new trim level. But as we can see from the photos, this looks to be standard LR MYs. So I would expect them to lessen the size of the pack to maximize the spread of the supply of batteries they currently have. However, if they put less capacity in, the car will be even lighter, leading to more range in the process. So I think it'll end up around 340 miles. That or they artificially limit the car to that range number and then bump it up over time. I see the first possibility being more likely though.

Well they really couldn't right now, considering that the Model X is probably 2-3 years from getting 4680s. They can't have the cheaper lower end SUV doing a better range than the top end product. And if they were to do that, it's likely be in a new trim level. But as we can see from the photos, this looks to be standard LR MYs. So I would expect them to lessen the size of the pack to maximize the spread of the supply of batteries they currently have. However, if they put less capacity in, the car will be even lighter, leading to more range in the process. So I think it'll end up around 340 miles. That or they artificially limit the car to that range number and then bump it up over time. I see the first possibility being more likely though.
Well, they could play a little bit of the Porsche game. The game where the 911 is always protected on a performance level from the better handling, yet cheaper Boxster/Cayman platform. BUT, the Cayman has certain models that perform better than certain 911's...not many, but it happens.

So for instance, I don't see any issue if a LRMY had a little better range than a Plaid X. Currently I think they are rated almost even, 330 for the Y and 333 X Plaid. I think they're different customers and if the LRMY went to 340-345, nobody would care. But I guess that's not gapping like a Plaid though, is it?

Screw it, I say just send it...give it 500+ miles of range and then get to work on the X and S again!

Well, they could play a little bit of the Porsche game. The game where the 911 is always protected on a performance level from the better handling, yet cheaper Boxster/Cayman platform. BUT, the Cayman has certain models that perform better than certain 911's...not many, but it happens.

So for instance, I don't see any issue if a LRMY had a little better range than a Plaid X. Currently I think they are rated almost even, 330 for the Y and 333 X Plaid. I think they're different customers and if the LRMY went to 340-345, nobody would care. But I guess that's not gapping like a Plaid though, is it?

Screw it, I say just send it...give it 500+ miles of range and then get to work on the X and S again!
Yeah not all. Problem is the LR X isn't that far ahead. 348 miles for for the Cyberstream wheels. Plaid's at 313. So I could see maybe 345 at max for the new car. I think we'll know soon!