Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me looking for LR MSM VINs

lost-john-travolta.gif

So i called Tesla again yesterday to find out why my car still hasn't shipped and why i haven't gotten a text message to schedule a pick up.

I first got a girl who must have been new and tried to feed me some BS saying "it looks like your car has still not been built yet and it would have to be build before you can move on with you account." I kindly told her to she didn't know what the F she was talking about. Asked her to send me to someone else and she said she would have someone else call me but it wouldn't be till next day.

I then called again after hanging up with her and got the best Tesla Rep out there. He looked in my notes and found that someone had asked the Logistics dep. what was wrong with my delivery and there was a response yesterday. (Car has been sitting there for 17 days)
The response was that the Trucking Company refused to pick up the car and pretty much had told Tesla to go F themselves. They then scheduled for another company to pick up my car yesterday and it is scheduled to arrive at 1pm on Feb 9th.

This really sucks for my because my plans to pick up on Feb 1-5 is completely shot down the drain. The awesome Rep said he would add a note for them to expedite my delivery so that i can pick it up the same day it arrives as long as there are no issues. He also tried to ping the car but couldn't get connected. Seems to be a software issue on his end. Said he hadn't used it all day so it must have not been working for the day.

I live 2 hours away from the SC so i will need to rent a car for the trip...

TLDR:
I got forgotten and had to call till i found a few people that could get the ball rolling again.
New EDD showing today: Feb 7th -13th. Car is arriving at Feb 9th at 1pm.

Lessons learned: if you delivery is taking a while and you have a VIN, call them and have them ask logistics. If i hadn't kept calling, they would have forgotten me for a while.

When I called Tesla a week or two ago to see if I can get an inventory car the Kansas City Tesla Center texted me unsolicited and said it looked like delivery would be second week of February for my existing order. I am hopeful this stands. I am still at February 8th to March 4th for my EDD. I am guessing we would be in the same shipment.

I wonder if the Kansas City tesla Center has even gotten one "LR" Model S since the refresh.
Outstanding! Based on all the deliveries I'm seeing on the forum for 1150/1151 orders, I'm cautiously optimistic our order is getting close! Maybe we'll cross paths picking up our Model S's later in Feb! Good luck!

My SA just called letting my know my 22 MS LR is arriving earlier and I can move my pick up to the 29th of this month. Confirmed it was built this month, with the OG lights and charging port.
RN1154

I asked him if I can come to see one, or the one before I pick up and they flat out refused due to covid... What a day and age when you pay 100k for a car sight unseen.
Following up on this, they have allowed an "exception" and are allowing me to see it on Monday, moving my pick up to the 3rd of Feb.
Looks like I should be looking for missing trunk/cubby covers.

Anything else other LR owners have noticed missing on recent deliveries?

Thanks!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Date change today. From feb 4 to march 4 to now feb 10 to feb 23

Still no vin

Glen Allen va delivery
Following up on this, they have allowed an "exception" and are allowing me to see it on Monday, moving my pick up to the 3rd of Feb.
Looks like I should be looking for missing trunk/cubby covers.

Anything else other LR owners have noticed missing on recent deliveries?

Thanks!
So far they're all missing those new lights we're all so excited about.

So far they're all missing those new lights we're all so excited about.
Well, I have thought long and hard about this. As my car is Black I will not notice the difference as much as say someone in a white car.

I've waited long enough...and considering I am only paying 89K USD for it ( 114CND ) I'm kind of inclined to take it. Picking up like 10k in positive equity in an inflationary market is an easy decision.

Nope. The one I just got today had a door not open which they fixed. It also has a rattle in the back seat area but I think that's been addressed by putting electrical tape on the U latch. Have yet to do that. Few cosmetic things I put a service appointment for and I did not get the privacy cover. The rear screen also wouldn't turn off after locking the car; this was fixed by resetting the system.

Thanks for the real time info, I'll manage my expectations accordingly. However I'd say if that's the only things you found, I'd be happy for you!

According to SA, none of the cars are coming with all the shelfs.

Last edited:
Sharing and gushing time!

If you’re expecting photos or a delivery video, you will be sadly disappointed in the post. I’m expecting to see detailing or modifications in the future. I bookmarked the thread. Please don’t let us down @jebinc !

So, it appears that deliveries might be actually starting to occur within the EDD window. If so, one less thing to complain about, and the other things like missing parts are more for the other thread...

I found that in my case with a current EDD of Today though next Wednesday, I could schedule delivery at the store on Monday.

Still going to defer til May.

I have a VIN! My EDD is 2/13 to 2/17 and my VIN is a 470###.

Is it too late to add a trade?

I’ve got to decide if I want the MS. I’m pretty satisfied with the MY. I need to sit in a new MS to see if I like the ingress/egress.
They will be able to expedite a trade-in. This go-around they refused to even give me a trade-in offer until I had a VIN assigned.

Has anyone ever transported a Tesla? Do you need to put it in transport mode in a trailer or can you just tie the wheels down and keep it in park? Any issues to be aware of? I had an RS Etron GT lose 12v battery during a transport and have to be winched out with ebrake on. They think the alarm kept going off due to bumps in the road and that drained power.

Has anyone ever transported a Tesla? Do you need to put it in transport mode in a trailer or can you just tie the wheels down and keep it in park? Any issues to be aware of? I had an RS Etron GT lose 12v battery during a transport and have to be winched out with ebrake on. They think the alarm kept going off due to bumps in the road and that drained power.

Instructions for Transporters​

Enable Transport Mode (see Activate Transport Mode) before winching Model S onto a flatbed truck. If Transport Mode is not available or the touchscreen is not accessible, self-loading dollies or tire skates must be used to load the vehicle into the approved transportation position. Tesla is not responsible for any damage caused by or during the transport of Model S, including personal property damage or damage caused by using self-loading dollies or tire skates.
Note
Transport Mode is only intended to allow for winching Model S onto a flatbed truck or repositioning the vehicle out of a parking space. While in Transport Mode, the tires are allowed to rotate slowly (under 3 mph or 5 km/h) and for a very short distance (less than 30 feet or 10 meters). See Activate Transport Mode. Exceeding these boundaries can lead to significant damage and overheating that is not covered by the warranty.