Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hayseed on here pissing off all the newbs.

Welcome, peasants!

Don't worry. We are getting new *sugar* on the Model S. I also predict as soon as I take delivery of my car (after said *sugar* is implemented), even better *sugar* will be added within months. I should just buy a Toyota Yaris Nissan Versa instead.

In case you didn't know, we could all buy 6 (or 10, if you like getting ripped off by Tesla) Nissan Versas for the price of one Model S. What's wrong with us?

I feel for Hayseed and his sympathizers. Once upon a time Tesla stuck it so far up my rear end I had to go see the proctologist.

Picked up a brand new model 3 and weeks later it had an all new interior, a heat pump (that apparently breaks all the time anyway), 20% more range and dual pane windows.

I cried for days and then I was fine. Then I FOMO sold the car and haven't had one since.
I gotta admit, it was kind of fun pre-you-driving-a-Plaid because there was the outside chance you would have actually ended up with a Versa or something similar (the list of EV’s you had were the Versa equivalents of EV’s). And that would have lead to an equally interesting story of your trip back to Tesla.

I got the schedule a date for pickup text as well as a call from Tesla to see if I have a trade in. Officially slated for 2/16. I asked about headlights to see if I heard anything different than what I have been reading here. Nothing new to speak of really. The SA did note though that when the 3 got headlight updates that it could be installed into cars that did not have it. I'm still fully expect that this update will happen about 6 hours after I get my car. As long as I could by the part and have it installed that would really take the sting out of it.

Any long-term reservation holders still on this thread, from MS orders waaay back in 2020?

I'm looking for more detailed info on Tesla's "We are sorry we're so many months late with your new Model S, but here's $2k for your patience" program.

We waited a full 13 months for our December 2020 Model S order, which just arrived at the end of January. Bummer for us: in late-December, our SA, who had verbally confirmed we'd get that $2k discount, left Tesla.

His replacement has never heard of it, and would like more details . . . this while the search function here at TMC is nearly impossible to use to find any of the many posts I've read about it. Ugh!

If anyone has any personal stories of how they got their $2k refund, or can help me find some of the posts about it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I got the schedule a date for pickup text as well as a call from Tesla to see if I have a trade in. Officially slated for 2/16. I asked about headlights to see if I heard anything different than what I have been reading here. Nothing new to speak of really. The SA did note though that when the 3 got headlight updates that it could be installed into cars that did not have it. I'm still fully expect that this update will happen about 6 hours after I get my car. As long as I could by the part and have it installed that would really take the sting out of it.

Six minutes, not six hours, after you take delivery! 🤣

Is this the long range or the plaid? What was your EDD window and when did you order?!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I stand with Hayseed. I was once guilty of considering delaying my order -- and even thought of canceling it, and re-ordering. But then I realized that paying thousands of dollars more for the chance to get new lights in TBD more months seemed a wee bit crazy.

My only delivery regret is that I didn't get the car 1 week sooner so I could have gotten FSD Beta during the big influx around Christmas. Damn Tesla's not let anyone in since then. I've been nursing a 99 safety score for the last 6 weeks, and driving in Grandpa Mode is KiLLinG mE.
You’re not missing anything except the cool visualizations. FSD is pretty inconsistent and not much fun (I’m on 10.9).

I gotta admit, it was kind of fun pre-you-driving-a-Plaid because there was the outside chance you would have actually ended up with a Versa or something similar (the list of EV’s you had were the Versa equivalents of EV’s). And that would have lead to an equally interesting story of your trip back to Tesla.

Don't count the Versa out just quite yet. However hats off to Nissan. Made the first affordable EV and they are still able to sell a $15k base car, which actually isn't a POS.

I also just thought of another thing Tesla is going to add to the model s: the automatic rear seat switches the Y has.

DCU referrals are temporarily down. I'll put you in my list of people to hit if they come back up. Direct message with your real first & last name and email address if interested.

TMC does not allow referrals, and specific to DCU, because of previous rampant exploitation is particularly sensitive to that one. Please do not ask for, or offer to do DCU referrals here.

Since people continue to do this after we closed all the threads that turned into DCU referral threads, we have been applying temp bans to enforce this rule. I have not applied one in this case but am warning this thread (as I have warned others) that this is what will happen in the future.