Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Model S LR on 2/5/2021, I had them bounce me a few times and they told me if I did not accept the next one they would cancel my order. Well Delivery is tomorrow 2/11/2022 a little over a year from when I reserved it. New headlights or not I only paid $79,990 and now the same vehicle is $94,990 so I will accept it and hope there are not many fit and finish issues.

I ordered my Model S LR on 2/5/2021, I had them bounce me a few times and they told me if I did not accept the next one they would cancel my order. Well Delivery is tomorrow 2/11/2022 a little over a year from when I reserved it. New headlights or not I only paid $79,990 and now the same vehicle is $94,990 so I will accept it and hope there are not many fit and finish issues.
Are you saying you declined delivery or did you just ask them to put you on hold?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The question for me has always been how many orders have actually genuinely waited over a year. In the case of OP here he implies he turned down a delivery and so in all fairness the date of the initial VIN assignment should probably be what counts. How long was the wait to that?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
FWIW, in our case (not the guy/gal directly above), we never turned down a car and it was over 13 months for our MS to arrive (MC Red, White, 19's, NO FSD).

That said, while the jury is still out (WAY out) on the yoke, the car itself is quite interesting in that it costs Tesla LESS to assemble, yet it feels far more refined and nearly silent in operation, while it has more features and an even better audio system. (Perhaps having three or four stalks on the old steering column, and the "full circle" steering wheel, was REALLY expensive;-)

Does Moore's Law apply to Tesla?

I think you are in a good situation. Take it, drive it, if you don't like it, sell it at a profit.

Im jealous, how about I take yours and then sell you mine with new headlights =)

Tesla won't make the change on the website until they are manufacturing and delivering cars with the updated lights. They don't want to be stuck with inventory of cars with old lights.

Then they shouldn't have ****ing made em!

What pisses me off about Tesla is they make two products and sell it for the same price and don't tell anyone.

For example: the Model 3/Y randomly getting a Ryzen chip/new 12v battery. Some got this, most didn't, all paid the same price. What the ****?