Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully new headlights, taillights, Horn in the center of the yoke, and if we are really lucky, ambient lighting. But no one has mentioned that at all yet. :( They are probably saving that and the tilting screen for the Q2 or Q3 updates.
Oooh, yeah, I forgot about the ambient lighting and centre horn. Those would be some nice icing on the cake. Fingers crossed! I’ll be sure to post once I get my Plaid, hopefully in early to mid March.

Today is my TESLAVERSARY!
A year ago today on Valentines Day 2021, I said “Yes” to Elon and ordered my first Tesla. She arrived just before Independence Day on July 3rd.

We are still very much in love 😍💕

Thinking of all of you waiting for your beloved Tesla today. She’s worth it he wait!

Happy Valentines Day, TMC! 💋

Today is my TESLAVERSARY!
A year ago today on Valentines Day 2021, I said “Yes” to Elon and ordered my first Tesla. She arrived just before Independence Day on July 3rd.

We are still very much in love 😍💕

Thinking of all of you waiting for your beloved Tesla today. She’s worth it he wait!

Happy Valentines Day, TMC! 💋
How has the car been? Any major issues? How is battery degradation?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
That rear-end looks like ass. Takes some sting out of taking delivery this week!

They need to have the black bar for each car. It looks weird as hell being body colored.

Where were there any rumors of updated ambient lighting? That would be awesome..

The website literally shows ambient lights in the car. They were originally advertised and then removed, supposedly due to the chip shortage. Someone posted somewhere on here a few months ago what the ambient lights were supposed to look like. I think the Model S would look so much more luxurious at night on the interior with them.

Last edited:
They need to have the black bar for each car. It looks weird as hell being body colored.

The website literally shows ambient lights in the car. They were originally advertised and then removed, supposedly due to the chip shortage. Someone posted somewhere on here a few months ago what the ambient lights were supposed to look like. I think the Model S would look so much more luxurious at night on the interior with them.
Is ambient lighting different from the interior lighting which the Model S has always had? Or did they take that away in the Refresh? Do you mean different colors such as so called mood lighting?

How has the car been? Any major issues? How is battery degradation?
Like many early Refreshers, had some panel issues and a warped front windshield. They fixed those and haven’t had any problems since! Minimal yoke worm, no vibration problem - nada.

As for battery - I’m not the best to respond to that. I’m in beta FSD so my regen is undermined by the phantom breaking. I have a 6kw of solar in my SoCal home (Yeah Rams! 🐏🏈) so I’m kinda spoiled to not have to think about it.

While everyone will form their own opinion, I think the old way looks “richer” and more custom. New way screams cost savings mass production, IMHO.
This is exactly the reason I like the current back end over the new one. I couldn't think of a way to put it but this is good.

Give us "drop in" replacements for the headlights, Elon!

Totally agreed. Even if it runs 9.0 in the 140s, Plaid by then likely will have creeped into that 9.00 range anyway. Also, it's likely that Tesla will be readying the 4680 Plaid for release at the end of the year. So the beast will awaken around that time, and blow everything out of the water. Probably 1200+hp with <9.0 seconds 1/4 mile, at around 4300 or 4400 pounds.
I know you just mistyped so I fixed that for ya.

• Funny