Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I have to plug in my S in the dark, it's easy to guide the plug right into the lighted ring... when I have to plug in my wife's Y, I have to feel for it as the actual receptacle is dark and a couple inches over from he tiny indicator light... also, don't forget about this fun Easter egg ;)
+1 for the current charge port with ring of light!

I'd seen a post on TMC that mentioned that someone had readjusted their headlights (I think using the old school method of parking facing a wall and adjusting the set screws), and they had improved greatly. Judging by the other adjustments that Tesla makes (or fails to make) on cars coming off the assembly line, it's likely that some cars' headlights aren't properly adjusted. I imagine the matrix headlights will largely make this problem go away (as they're auto-adjusting via the AP cameras), but it would make sense why some people say the lights are awful and others say they're fine.
That has been my experience. My lights (especially the passenger side one) were aimed too low and they worked much better once I aimed them properly. I find the lights on my Model S 75D to be adequate now, but I’ve never tried high-end laser or even matrix LED systems for comparison. I do find it hard to see out to the sides at night (i.e. checking for pedestrians when making a left turn) but that’s mostly due to my 20% tint and I’m not sure if new headlights would help this. I’ve been considering doing 35% tint in my upcoming Plaid for this reason but if the new headlights would improve visibility enough, I’d love to be able to stick with the 20% tint.

I'd seen a post on TMC that mentioned that someone had readjusted their headlights (I think using the old school method of parking facing a wall and adjusting the set screws), and they had improved greatly. Judging by the other adjustments that Tesla makes (or fails to make) on cars coming off the assembly line, it's likely that some cars' headlights aren't properly adjusted. I imagine the matrix headlights will largely make this problem go away (as they're auto-adjusting via the AP cameras), but it would make sense why some people say the lights are awful and others say they're fine.
I have had mine adjusted a couple times by the SC and they have gotten better each time. I drive with fogs on also now and they are now acceptable.

When I have to plug in my S in the dark, it's easy to guide the plug right into the lighted ring... when I have to plug in my wife's Y, I have to feel for it as the actual receptacle is dark and a couple inches over from he tiny indicator light... also, don't forget about this fun Easter egg ;)
The Model 3 has that Easter egg too, so the new port on Model S will still have the rainbow:

Rainbow Charge Your #Tesla / Tesla Shorts

This discussion is edging needlessly to private analogies…

This is my experience. Lights are bright on my plaid, but pointed too low. Have a service appointment to have them adjust, so haven’t looked for a DIY option. I think they will be much more effective at night once the angle of projection is moderated.

How long are others waiting to get their privacy shelf delivered? I took delivery of my flawless LR last week, but I was told that my privacy shelf would be arriving via FedEx.
they come and go. Don't rely on FedEx promise...file a service request through the app to ensure someone follows up. Mobile service might bring it to you.

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: uthatcher