Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aaaaaand here we go again.

So, in other news, we have 1x Plaid and 1x regular S delivered.

New theory - only the regular S gets black appliqué. 🤣

No, not serious. Maybe.
NOPE. That Plaid on the rear of that truck had the black bar.

It is important to remember this. This was not a misrepresentation, nor was it some old render. The badge, bar, lights, etc.... everything came true.
Tesla-Model-S.jpg

Last edited:

It is important to remember this. This was not a misrepresentation, nor was it some old render. The badge, bar, lights, etc.... everything came true.
View attachment 775146

That's a render, 100%. We know it is, because it's a mirror of the original image, with a modified rear end graphic. Even the driver is the same, just flipped. AND the LR (now regular S) had a body-colored appliqué up until delivery in all the mules.

So anything is possible. In truth, it's unlikely that the S and S Plaid will be different in this regard.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Appears to still be a few Plaids being matched to pre lights refresh.

Got a text to schedule my delivery today…. Was excited until I noticed the vin starts with 470…..
You want a 4724xx or higher for the updates. It may be 4723xx, we will know soon. Ask SA build date, needs to be 2/21-23 or later with no radar and global headlights.

That's a render, 100%. We know it is, because it's a mirror of the original image, with a modified rear end graphic. Even the driver is the same, just flipped.
Well yeah obviously it's a render lol. Every image on Tesla's product pages is. But what I'm trying to say is that image was not inaccurate. Someone actually effed up and put an actual image of the new rear end on that event page.

Reactions: IslandStyle
Well yeah obviously it's a render lol. Every image on Tesla's product pages is. But what I'm trying to say is that image was not inaccurate. Someone actually effed up and put an actual image of the new rear end on that event page.

No argument there. But it still seems like Tesla weren't sure which direction they were going here. Glad they went with the black. With the spoiler it will look great. Just waiting for some in-the-wild Plaids that aren't black!

No argument there. But it still seems like Tesla weren't sure which direction they were going here. Glad they went with the black. With the spoiler it will look great. Just waiting for some in-the-wild Plaids that aren't black!
Oh yeah I definitely think they went back and forth, although I have a feeling that Plaid was always going to be black. I think the real debate may have actually been on the Dual Motor, and that's likely why we saw so many mules with body color.

Oh yeah I definitely think they went back and forth, although I have a feeling that Plaid was always going to be black. I think the real debate may have actually been on the Dual Motor, and that's likely why we saw so many mules with body color.
I alway debage my cars…… but I may upbadge to Plaid just to screw with people. Badge $20, saved $40k

Early January. Was showing Late Feb delivery, then pushed to Mid March…. Today, out of the blue, assigned a(n old) Vin.

Interesting. I hope you rejected that VIN! You'd have to be bananas to accept an old VIN at this point, if nothing other than potential improvements in build quality. The headlights/tail lights are going to be worth it, of course.

What was the color/config?

Interesting. I hope you rejected that VIN! You'd have to be bananas to accept an old VIN at this point, if nothing other than potential improvements in build quality. The headlights/tail lights are going to be worth it, of course.

What was the color/config?
Just sent the text to reject it.

I’d have rejected it for the lights but those aside , I would be afraid of a Vin that far back anyway. Makes me think it’s someone else’s reject.

Blue / White / Arachnids

Just sent the text to reject it.

I’d have rejected it for the lights but those aside , I would be afraid of a Vin that far back anyway. Makes me think it’s someone else’s reject.

Blue / White / Arachnids
Hard to say. Could easily have been someone failed to be able to pay for it, too, as that has certainly happened at my local showroom. Either way, you'd have be bonkers to not get the refresh 2.0 at this point unless you... well... are bonkers?

Here's to the next VIN assignment!

I can tell you that it pretty much completely eliminated any stoplight races. Nobody wants anything to do with a Plaid.
My village is 2 square miles with 2 traffic lights. Our M3P has been the only Tesla in town for the last 3 years. My current SUV is almost 500hp, and everyone knows I have fast cars. This is an I’m older and have more orneriness. I used to be young and subtle. I don’t think i could leave it on for more than a week since I’m also not normally a poser.

View attachment 775146
It did not really come true. That photo has the taillights aligned. Reality is something different. And those clear lights across the bottom give it away, dead obvious. Maybe it will finally have someone fix it. I doubt it though. It is "signature Tesla" at this point. Right of passage.

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid