Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for the group here: would you take delivery of your Plaid if you didn't have a way to garage it (yet)?

It's taken longer than anticipated for my wife and I to buy a home with a larger garage where we can have both our Model X and the Plaid in the garage, and now it's finally decision day. Am I crazy for taking delivery of a $120k vehicle and then parking it outside? The choice is complicated by the fact that if I delay again I'll lose out on the $120k price.

And yes, I already asked if we could park the Plaid in the garage since it's newer, but the wife put the kibosh on that one. 😅

Question for the group here: would you take delivery of your Plaid if you didn't have a way to garage it (yet)?

It's taken longer than anticipated for my wife and I to buy a home with a larger garage where we can have both our Model X and the Plaid in the garage, and now it's finally decision day. Am I crazy for taking delivery of a $120k vehicle and then parking it outside? The choice is complicated by the fact that if I delay again I'll lose out on the $120k price.

And yes, I already asked if we could park the Plaid in the garage since it's newer, but the wife put the kibosh on that one. 😅
Ceramic coating is your friend. It will be fine. Do not lose out on the early pricing!

yes, but you're boring. Everyone knows this.
damn-ice-cube.gif

• Funny
Reactions: impastu

Why not? Sounds like it will be in a driveway? If so, minimal risk of...anything.
Ive had previous cars that were not garaged and even years later? Paint, etc..all fine

Did your SA say for sure whether you were getting the old or new? My SA has not clue.
The SA has really done nothing, although I haven't asked. But the Vin I was assigned yesterday was obviously, 100% going to be the old lights with a Vin of 470.... They didn't start until mid 472....

I don't have another Vin yet, they were just implying I could get one really quickly after rejecting this one so I feared I might get another old one.

Probably going to put a hold on it until I see more Plaids delivered with the new ones.

The obvious answer is to get a new wife ;)

Funny enough, I'm doing some construction and can't park in my garage either for another month. Made putting my LR on hold easier recently.