Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the gray, the lights do look good.

I still think they missed it on that by not putting "TESLA" on it like the S refresh 1.0 or X. It looks like someone picked up a strip at the salvage yard or unprimed and is waiting to paint it - just looks wanting.
Right. The embossing should have been there, but what they didn’t do fits the “cheapened” theme of the new rear.

Actually, not factual points.

Instead of a debate, here is a video that explains the difference.

More info on this…

2AFDD3DA-C3E2-4528-91DC-B51BA1AE0661.png

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I see a handful of demo in the 42 US inventory. Beats me if there were demos or not. Some had 15 miles, but some has 100+ miles.

Scroll thru and the demo one will be listed as demo

FWIW, I posit that nearly all of the Inventory MS's are those where the original buyer's financing fell through, or were original buyer "rejects" due to too many delivery issues with that specific car.

I purchased an inventory Plaid at the EOY (to capture tax/registration benefits in AZ) so perhaps I'm mildly jaded . . . although it's all seemingly being addressed, eventually, by the wonderful folks at the Glendale Service Center.

Am I totally wrong to admit that my criteria for new wheels are three things: cost, how they enhance performance but number one is how they look. And really it seems an awful lot of the discussions on this forum are all about “looks”. The looks of lights, colors, wheels, etc,etc. Sorry for being so obvious. 🙃😜

Yes, and cast wheels are just fine for the Model S in almost every situation. Flow formed just a step up and forged a step up even more.

Yup. Had black cars before. Beautiful when clean for all of 5 mins. Not sure what I was thinking at the time when I changed my order from white to black. PPF and ceramic coating I guess...
FWIW, never take it to a car wash. Hand wash only. Car washes destroy the top coat. The brushless washes are bad too. The soap they use are super harsh and over time damage the top coat.

Tempted too not sure if it is worth the hassle, I decided I want the Roadster if that does come out next year.

Ehh I was only contemplating cause I was ready to drop some coin on PPF/Wrap + Ceramic. What are the details on your car? Looks great. I also have a white MS and was debating satin white or just doing satin black again. I miss my satin black X so much, but I know having the white underneath it might bug me.

Also, my HRE’s will be ready in 4 weeks. Some 3-Piece Forged action for you all :).

2A4DFAD2-3034-444A-B7B2-5E23FE368AA1.jpeg

More info on this…

View attachment 777583
I’ve literally never had the center of a wheel crack/fail. I definitely have had the barrel portion of cast wheels suffer pothole damage. So for me/my needs, flow formed (stronger barrel than cast) meets my needs.

I see a handful of demo in the 42 US inventory. Beats me if there were demos or not. Some had 15 miles, but some has 100+ miles.

Scroll thru and the demo one will be listed as demo

So what are “demo” cars? I was looking to test drive a car for several weeks but none were available. So is it a test drive vehicle they put in inventory? Or is it a rejected vehicle? Or are they showroom vehicles?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
So what are “demo” cars? I was looking to test drive a car for several weeks but none were available. So is it a test drive vehicle they put in inventory? Or is it a rejected vehicle? Or are they showroom vehicles?

We have a "demo" Model S Plaid here in MN with 58 miles on it. Showroom only, no test drives allowed.
It's a 2021 that sat in inventory for over a month before becoming a "demo" (placed into the showroom).

I'm not sure if there is anything wrong with it or what its story is. My guess is no one wants a 2021 for MSRP, and that MSM + Cream is probably the least popular color combo.