Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a PSA. Tesla dropped the price of wall connector to $495, in case anyone wants to buy one.

• Helpful
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
FF07DC3A-9A05-4EF9-87A2-C4F63D3720E3.jpeg

Attachments

• 50062ACC-046F-46E7-A672-164F9068059D.jpeg
    50062ACC-046F-46E7-A672-164F9068059D.jpeg
    709.4 KB · Views: 74
My delivery appointment is set for Mar 13, Sunday. But since DCU is closed over the weekend, I can't get my loan check delivered until Tuesday :(
Does anyone know if Tesla will delay the appointment for a few days or is there any other alternative like switching to Tesla financing? Any suggestions will be helpful.
DOnt need the check in hand. DCU apparently does a TON of business with Tesla. For me, the check was en route to Fremont and DCU gave me the tracking number and emailed me a pic of the check. That was all I had to show to the SA at pickup time.

I released my hold on 3/10.. I was one of the ones that had the email that I cant extend the hold beyond 3/12. I was assigned a VIN today 473xx. I checked with SA he said it does have new lights. However when I asked about the build date he was unable to confirm.
Anything with a March build date should have all the new bells and whistles, right?

haha yeah the filling up part is not something I will miss, it is constant. The sounds, paddle shifts, more engaging driving experience is what I expect to miss the most. For sure the BMW service level is better than most but I will say it is not flawless.. Tesla no doubt has a lot to learn and i fully expect to be let down at some point here in the first 6 months of ownership whenever that starts..
coming from BMW and AMG..I understand.
But what makes up for it? 100% INSTANT MASSIVE torque at ANY speed ANY RPM (wait..there IS no rpm to wait for).

Last edited:
I wish Tesla would update the website so I could repeatedly build a new Plaid with the new lights and hinges and cupholders so that I can crank up my FOMO to 11. That would be sweet.
I also wish they'd raise the price on the Plaid X so that it's at least in line with the S. I also wish they'd build Cybertrucks. I'm feeling so Tesla pensive today.

Stopped by the local service center for the second time today, decided to change the color from red to black to match my M5

Also saw a new model s in the parking lot, new headlights, vin 473466. Looked like it had just come off the truck.
black looks SO good when clean and with zero swirls in the clearcoat.
keeping it that way?

UGH.