Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Earlier at Eatonville SC, 2 refreshed-refreshed Plaids waiting. Also, 2021 MSLR leftover in the showroom.

Attachments

• EFD10387-F345-41A9-BE18-4CD2C27B2DAE.jpeg
    EFD10387-F345-41A9-BE18-4CD2C27B2DAE.jpeg
    931.5 KB · Views: 113
It was surprising. Hand written Welcome to the Tesla Family and my name. Very different than when we picked up the MY just after the factory started going again. It was the only car in the whole parking lot and it was very hand's free.

I see you are in TX, aka, Tesla Desert. Perhaps that explains one car in the lot

I'd love to go there to pick up my CT, but who knows when or if that will happen.

Just picked up the vehicle and here is the obligatory everyone is waiting on getting another delivery picture from happy customer kind of post :)

For everyone out there
- No significant panel gaps (slight miss-alignment of trunk; very minor)
- floor mats missing
- trunk cover missing
- small dent in silver frame of back screen

Thats it. I was scared to death with all the reports about bad quality. I was driving Mercedes-Benz for last 10 years (C/E/S - Classes) and have to say this is 95% there from the quality. Driving behavior is very nice. Nothing is noisy or rattling. The delivery was very smooth and no issues. Payment using Plaid/Tesla App was smooth. Customer experience as good as any Merc I took delivery. Charge 100%; at most got 10% fuel in all the Mercs on delivery date.

Service will come out on Monday to take care of the minor issues. So far I am happy or it's just the honeymoon? 🤔

IMG_0928.jpg

I have been curious about requesting FSD beta, mainly to see what Tesla thinks my safety score is. Their insurance quote is insane.
I requested FSD Beta for this reason also, @cwanja! I'm pretty sure it would mostly just annoy me if I had it, as I can't even stomach the current Navigate on Autopilot available for freeway driving. But I was curious how bad of a driver Tesla's algorithm would think I am. My score started out a pretty dismal 45-50, but has gradually improved to a 91 today. Still way below the threshold to get the FSD Beta, and I don't think anyone has gotten it for months even with a 99 score...

Funny how Tesla can get away with charging $12k for this and then not provide it for years, but I do enjoy the auto lane changes and stopping at stop signs, so I'm fine for now.

Just picked up the vehicle and here is the obligatory everyone is waiting on getting another delivery picture from happy customer kind of post :)

For everyone out there
- No significant panel gaps (slight miss-alignment of trunk; very minor)
- floor mats missing
- trunk cover missing
- small dent in silver frame of back screen

Thats it. I was scared to death with all the reports about bad quality. I was driving Mercedes-Benz for last 10 years (C/E/S - Classes) and have to say this is 95% there from the quality. Driving behavior is very nice. Nothing is noisy or rattling. The delivery was very smooth and no issues. Payment using Plaid/Tesla App was smooth. Customer experience as good as any Merc I took delivery. Charge 100%; at most got 10% fuel in all the Mercs on delivery date.

Service will come out on Monday to take care of the minor issues. So far I am happy or it's just the honeymoon? 🤔

View attachment 784930

No seat wrinkles? No misaligned interior trim at the door edges?

Be happy..

Attachments

• 16480689866172434917444447983931.jpg
    16480689866172434917444447983931.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 78
I requested FSD Beta for this reason also, @cwanja! I'm pretty sure it would mostly just annoy me if I had it, as I can't even stomach the current Navigate on Autopilot available for freeway driving. But I was curious how bad of a driver Tesla's algorithm would think I am. My score started out a pretty dismal 45-50, but has gradually improved to a 91 today. Still way below the threshold to get the FSD Beta, and I don't think anyone has gotten it for months even with a 99 score...

Funny how Tesla can get away with charging $12k for this and then not provide it for years, but I do enjoy the auto lane changes and stopping at stop signs, so I'm fine for now.
because people continue to pay for it, knowing that it will never go "from la to NYC with no human intervention" in its current hardware iteration...

So why wouldnt Tesla continue to offer it and continue to raise the price? Doesnt stop buyers...

I have been lurking, reading, absorbing as much as I can from this group for awhile now. This is my very first post to date.
I ordered a MSLR in mid-July 2021. Deep Blue, Model S, Long Range, Black Interior, 21" Arachnids, opted not to pre-purchase FSD.
RN11539xxxx - initial estimated delivery date was March-April of 2022 (so they pretty much nailed it when I ordered)
VIN was just assigned this morning. EDD is next week 3/28-4/1.
VIN is ...474xxx

I have read so many comments and opinions and conflicting information about processors, re-refreshed lights, hinges, radar, AutoPilot concerns, etc. etc.
Withholding court jester joking (or at least do me a favor and qualify a comment as joking so I know where fact/fiction is) -
  • What are significant items I need to be considering for this build sequence vehicle? I'm not looking for paint/gaps/condition/missing covers type delivery inspection tips. Those are clear in other posts.
  • Is the processor type a big enough deal I need to find out (how do I do that) and make a decision if I want the processor this specific car has?
  • I'm pretty sure this late of a sequence will have the updated headlights - that is a big deal to me to have the newest appearance given the price.
  • Hinges? Obviously, I want the best build available, but it's not a deal breaker for me on this item.
  • Wheels / tires - there was a lot of conversation in other threads (maybe this one too) about summer tires vs. all-seasons delivered versus what was ordered or expected. I intend on keeping the 21" Arachnids as summer wheels/tires and also looking to purchase (either used or from Tesla) some 19" wheels to put studless snow tires onto for December-February (I really want/need these for my region). I have no idea on bolt patterns or offsets in order to purchase wheels. I also haven't found compatibility confirmation between Tesla models or even different model years to my 2022 MSLR.
Thank you all in advance for your consideration of my questions and your time in reading.
I’m just an old guy that bought his first EV (Plaid 👍) this last summer. So I’m not an extremely knowledgeable engineer type person like a number of individuals on this forum. But I have been lurking here for quite awhile and offer this to your inquiries: Significant items for this refresh “S” are the same for any EV or new car and very individualistic. As far as processors go, it’s mostly forum banter and nothing that’s presently within your immediate control. Hinges are hinges. Their discussions were like that of the new headlights making the car slower! A joke in other words. New wheels are completely a personal preference and bolt patterns and offsets should be discussed with the wheel companies themselves. Get the car and enjoy the ride. It’s been a really good one for me!

Earlier at Eatonville SC, 2 refreshed-refreshed Plaids waiting. Also, 2021 MSLR leftover in the showroom.
I clicked on this picture just to see if the cars had been washed and was glad to see they had.
I picked my car up from Eatonville on Friday and after waiting about an hour for them to bring it around (said it was charging), it was absolutely filthy!
There was a part of me that wanted to just smile and say "ahhh, you keep it" but I could see the beauty beneath the dirt...besides I don't want them putting swirl marks in my new plaid anyway right???

All joking aside, I try not to complain and give people the benefit of the doubt but when I filled out my "after sales" survey, I was very honest and it reflected in not so good scores and comments from me. I am sure no one at Tesla ever sees it but it did feel good, a little bit.

The car was missing key fobs, floor mats, and small parcel shelf. They got everything from parts except the key fob because they said they are on back order..whatever, I am currently using a spare M3 fob and it works fine except for auto door present, which does not work at all even with the phone key.

I do love the car though and it more than makes up for any deficiencies in the CR dept.
Eatonville SC used to be pretty good but either they don't like me anymore, or its going downhill....fast!
I might try Tampa as they are the same distance from me and my 2 deliveries from there a couple of years ago were top notch.

Anyway, thought I would share my experience since I must be the only person that gets a dirty $150K car delivered to them.

I clicked on this picture just to see if the cars had been washed and was glad to see they had.
I picked my car up from Eatonville on Friday and after waiting about an hour for them to bring it around (said it was charging), it was absolutely filthy!
There was a part of me that wanted to just smile and say "ahhh, you keep it" but I could see the beauty beneath the dirt...besides I don't want them putting swirl marks in my new plaid anyway right???

All joking aside, I try not to complain and give people the benefit of the doubt but when I filled out my "after sales" survey, I was very honest and it reflected in not so good scores and comments from me. I am sure no one at Tesla ever sees it but it did feel good, a little bit.

The car was missing key fobs, floor mats, and small parcel shelf. They got everything from parts except the key fob because they said they are on back order..whatever, I am currently using a spare M3 fob and it works fine except for auto door present, which does not work at all even with the phone key.

I do love the car though and it more than makes up for any deficiencies in the CR dept.
Eatonville SC used to be pretty good but either they don't like me anymore, or its going downhill....fast!
I might try Tampa as they are the same distance from me and my 2 deliveries from there a couple of years ago were top notch.

Anyway, thought I would share my experience since I must be the only person that gets a dirty $150K car delivered to them.
Eatonville SC hasn’t been great in the delivery department. When I was at my last delivery upon finding a flaw, nobody offered to come look at it. I was told to contact service. I refused delivery and have another appointment this week. I hope that I get my fobs and mats.

Planning to tell them not to wash mine when arrives since I want to avoid swirl marks, goofy tire shine splashing everywhere, etc.

I had Audi Wesley Chapel give me an etron just like that, off the truck with all plastics and *sugar* for me to rip off at home and then do my decon/paint correction/ceramic coating. :D

I call it Ghettoville