Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who-hoo, I feel whole again. 2022.8.3 is installing. 2 weeks 3 days wait. Felt like an eternity being left out.
Anxious to try ANC (my expectations are very low based on reports though).
Radar Detector implantation was a success too, only a little bit of sweat. See V1 Camera Tap
It took me 3-4 weeks to get my first update, but I'm on 2022.8.3 now. ARNR is now available to me, but I honestly can't detect any actual reduction in road noise because of it. It has to recalibrate every time I drive. I've tried toggling it on and off to see if I can hear a difference, and so far nothing (though to be fair, my hearing sucks). Hopefully it will improve with future software updates. From the way it has to calibrate for each drive, I get the sense it would do better on a long highway trip with a fairly consistent road noise level.

It took me 3-4 weeks to get my first update, but I'm on 2022.8.3 now. ARNR is now available to me, but I honestly can't detect any actual reduction in road noise because of it. It has to recalibrate every time I drive. I've tried toggling it on and off to see if I can hear a difference, and so far nothing (though to be fair, my hearing sucks). Hopefully it will improve with future software updates. From the way it has to calibrate for each drive, I get the sense it would do better on a long highway trip with a fairly consistent road noise level.
Yeah it showed up this morning. Took about 25 miles to calibrate.

Did a 63 mile round trip to Tesla Service to order hitch. 235 wh/mi :) Got there and they said use the app. Grrr.

500 miles and no vibration. And I’m watching it every time I go up an incline in the 40’s. Absolutely nothing.

To test ANR someone suggested moving your head towards the steering wheel and back. Might be a tiny bit better moving head back to head rest. Or placebo ;)

Yeah it showed up this morning. Took about 25 miles to calibrate.

Did a 63 mile round trip to Tesla Service to order hitch. 235 wh/mi :) Got there and they said use the app. Grrr.

500 miles and no vibration. And I’m watching it every time I go up an incline in the 40’s. Absolutely nothing.

To test ANR someone suggested moving your head towards the steering wheel and back. Might be a tiny bit better moving head back to head rest. Or placebo ;)
I just updated overnight as well. How do I activate ARNR?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
How about my car that I picked up last Wednesday? It's in for full PPF, tint, and a few other 'special goodies'. Will post pix after I get her back on Friday.

Super excited!!!!

Loving the car so far although I've only driven back from the Tesla Center (Marina Del Ray) to home and then to PPF shop. I spent a few hours going over the gaskets and trim and adding some 3M DD tape to make a few minor things better. No biggie.

So far other than the cooing noise (old SW), no driving related issues. I don't have NRC yet either. Didn't notice any vibrations at speed.

Yoke was a breeze to get used to and I'm older dude. :)
Major setback.

Clearcoat on the trunk just peeled away as they were prepping it for Stealth PPF. Something is off.

It explains some of the idiosyncrasies in the back. Missing spoiler. Right side alignment. Weird curvature on left side. Shop is going to finish Friday minus trunk so I can drop off to Tesla on Monday. It will go straight to body shop from there.

I’ve made my Loyalty Advisor aware of my disappointment. They are looking into the matter internally. I have asked them to clarify if this was a factory issue or a botched repair at the Service Center in Marina Del Ray.

I did not sign any disclosures and my LA assured me it wasn’t damaged yet all indications show otherwise.

Bummed so bad. At least I’ll be able to drive her this weekend.

A8818542-56BA-4BEE-82B0-418E3E06A1CB.jpeg

What’s best way to attach video? I have one of it peeling off. Like Elmer’s glue from your skin.

Last edited:
Major setback.

Clearcoat on the trunk just peeled away as they were prepping it for Stealth PPF. Something is off.

It explains some of the idiosyncrasies in the back. Missing spoiler. Right side alignment. Weird curvature on left side. Shop is going to finish Friday minus trunk so I can drop off to Tesla on Monday. It will go straight to body shop from there.

I’ve made my Loyalty Advisor aware of my disappointment. They are looking into the matter internally. I have asked them to clarify if this was a factory issue or a botched repair at the Service Center in Marina Del Ray.

I did not sign any disclosures and my LA assured me it wasn’t damaged yet all indications show otherwise.

View attachment 790427

What’s best way to attach video? I have one of it peeling off. Like Elmer’s glue from your skin.

That is a bummer. Sorry man.

My EDD holding steadily a few days now at 4/16-5/7 but I’ve been hurt before. I don’t know if I’ll ever trust again.
My EDD is 4/8 to 5/6. Every morning I expect to see it moved again. I did call my Tesla advisor and he told me I have been "soft-matched" to a Model S and should receive a VIN within days and my car by the end of the month.
We shall see.

Major setback.

View attachment 790427

I just don’t get why so many cars get banged up. I have a hunch it was not in factory. Are sure it’s not just a residue on the clear coat. Versus the clear coat itself.

For Video. Just upload to YouTube and link it here. I think you can even keep it private with a link that will work if you don’t want it all over YouTube.

Curious why this was not caught during “paint correction” for PPF.

I just don’t get why so many cars get banged up. I have a hunch it was not in factory. Are sure it’s not just a residue on the clear coat. Versus the clear coat itself.

For Video. Just upload to YouTube and link it here. I think you can even keep it private with a link that will work if you don’t want it all over YouTube.

Curious why this was not caught during “paint correction” for PPF.

Good questions. There was a ton of left over compound. I suspect the botch job was to cover up something at the SC.

Signs I missed
  • Missing spoiler
  • Excessive compound
  • Strange shaping of trunk on left
  • Misalignment of trunk on right
  • Condensation in left light
  • Swirls on trunk and nowhere else on car
It’s definitely the clear coat. See the pixs below. CC survived the paint correction but started delaminating with the application of the PPF.
BE35CD65-0589-4A54-B929-EFEDDCB56739.jpeg
8EA0E234-FCF3-499B-B190-346743C693B1.jpeg
5594EC5C-5517-4650-AC19-83F50A837915.jpeg
E1F8E35E-5B1C-4649-9554-A58F196F8FD2.jpeg

Last edited:
Running the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4s for the Arachnids since Dec. I like them a lot. Not as sticky as the summers (of course) but not much drop off in handling and grip. Much, much better cold and snow/slush performance, as expected.

Two things to note are that fronts are OEM size, but the rears are 295/35/21 instead of 30 profile, and no foam inside the tire. I have noticed no rub or any suspension/braking issues. Speedo variation seems minimal/non-existent. Noise might be slightly higher with no foam, but I hardly notice now. I may keep them on year round.
How did you know that the 295/35/21 wouldn't cause any damage? I'm new at ordering tires so usually I'd just stick with OEM but can't find any All Seasons that are the same size as OEM.

Evening all, been some time since I posted but continue to follow the trials and tribulations of Tesla delivery and ownership. Great to see the positivity of @EndlessPlaid and many others that I respect here. 5k miles and 9 moths in and have loved my MSLR but today was a sad day, some idiot ran a red right turn and took my right wing out, the good news no harm to anybody, the panel gaps arent the worst I have seen but sad all the same… hoping I can get new headlights, I’ll also ask for the new hinges(yes I know irs a joke) I’m good with the rear lights as they do differentiate from a 3 or Y and most importantly they were not damaged. While I’m here I‘ll share my car hire experience seeing family in the UK, a Hyundai Inonic Hybrid , 50-60 was slower than 0-60 in the LR, between that and getting covid on day 3 of the trip its not been a great 3 weeks but worse things happening in the world so its all good… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• EC8985E3-DA78-48AB-8522-0DEB12E38DA8.jpeg
    EC8985E3-DA78-48AB-8522-0DEB12E38DA8.jpeg
    376.3 KB · Views: 79