Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking about adding a rear trunk spoiler to my 2022 MSLR and wanted to know if anyone on TMC has any thoughts or experience with the "Taptes Carbon Fiber Rear Trunk Spoiler for Tesla Model S. I am thinking about going with the "Matte Black" version for $254.

I considered this spoiler but felt it wasn’t wide enough for my taste since it didn’t span the width of the trunk. I went with the RPM Tesla Jupiter spoiler instead. Since your color is MSM it might blend nicely though. But to each their own taste.

Last edited:
Thank you. Went back and talked to them today, they'll reorder and replace it.
Sweet! GLad it's getting taken care of
Quite a bit of a difference. Nobody has 25 Tesla charging cables lying around. Many people have that many iPhone cables and random charging bricks lying around.
You would be correct, but imagine what a multi hundred dollar cord will save a company.
If they do remove it, it will be an "addon" like the nicer charger is.

Hoping they don't do it, that would be super bad on their part specially with how much they've raised prices.
But hey after hearing a Hummer EV story I just heard, who knows what companies will do now days xD

I considered this spoiler but felt it wasn’t wide enough for my taste since it didn’t span the width of the trunk. I went with the RPM Tesla Jupiter spoiler instead. Since your color is MSM it might blend nicely though. But to each their own taste.
Thanks good point. I now think I will go with the Evannex spoiler which spans the trunk but cost a bit more at $480.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Ordered a MS plaid, white with arachnids. On the website it said June-July delivery. Now on the app its saying August-October. Feels a bit deceptive after they got the deposit. Is this possibly due to certain options or lack thereof?

Also, plan to finance thru Tesla. Is there any reason to apply for the loan now since delivery is august at earliest? Would applying now help move up the delivery date?

Ordered a MS plaid, white with arachnids. On the website it said June-July delivery. Now on the app its saying August-October. Feels a bit deceptive after they got the deposit. Is this possibly due to certain options or lack thereof?

Also, plan to finance thru Tesla. Is there any reason to apply for the loan now since delivery is august at earliest? Would applying now help move up the delivery date?
I would just wait for financing.
Where are you located?
There is a white Plaid with white interior and arachnids in inventory at Carlsbad, CA.
Just saw it pop up today.

DFW.

The white interior is striking but I'm not sure it's for me. Especially buying sign unseen.
I loved the white in our '17 MX, and it's stunning in our '22 MYP.

Ended up not getting the white on my Plaid. Glad I got the black now as the perforations in the white don't sit well with me. :)

Had the black interior in prior S, but ALWAYS had regretted not getting the white interior. Have the white now in the Y and the S and love it. Passengers open the door and are WOWED. And super easy to clean (altho with summer approaching, Im a bit tentative about my arm touching the white armrest regularly. But nothing baby wipe once a day wont handle)

EDD CONSTANTLY change. With the plaid Id be shocked if your date didnt move back up soon.
Also, Id highly suggest inputting your order as "cash", then apply for financing only after a getting contacted for a specific delivery date. Otherwise you run the risk of credit score getting hit via too many credit pulls

Had the black interior in prior S, but ALWAYS had regretted not getting the white interior. Have the white now in the Y and the S and love it. Passengers open the door and are WOWED. And super easy to clean (altho with summer approaching, Im a bit tentative about my arm touching the white armrest regularly. But nothing baby wipe once a day wont handle)
Baby wipe once a day !!!
I’m so glad I got black.
My car is not the nursery.
I wish it didn’t have perforated seats. Stuff just gets in the holes. Makes the material weak. Guarantee they will be a mess after 50k miles.

Reach out to the folks who ordered over a year ago and are still waiting on their cars. Perhaps they can give you some advice.

Select cash on your order, when you get your VIN you can let your SA know you'll be utilizing their loan services. Though credit unions have lower APR's if you want to save a little money.

Baby wipe once a day !!!
I’m so glad I got black.
I wish it didn’t have perforated seats. Stuff just gets in the holes. Makes the material weak. Guarantee they will be a mess after 50k miles.
I hear you on the perf holes. However, with care (fortunately the style of jeans from the early 2000's that had lots of rhinestones on the back pockets have died away), I think the perf seats will hold up. Had them in my old AMG and sold it when it was 10yrs old and about 90k miles and it actually didnt look bad at all. No tears/rips. Now a 10 year old white seat might be a different story, overall wear wise. But, I have successfully replaced car seat covers before (BMW) and it wasnt that bad of a job overall(Remove seats from car, put on workbench, get hogring plier tool, etc) . So if it gets to that (if I keep this car long enough), I'll most likely order the seat covers from Tesla and just replace.

Baby wipe once a day !!!
I’m so glad I got black.
Are you sure your car isn‘t a nursery? How could the vent holes in the seats get clogged? Gerber’s baby formula, sippy cup overflow, etc. 😁 Also, the vented material is plenty durable and having the air flow is a real plus. And a lighter color is also cooler. I know, I could never dream of any interior auto color but black for my whole life. Then I tried a cream interior in my Plaid and I think I like it.