Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When building one currently, it seems like the 19” wheels add significant delay on new orders (at least 4 months).
That may not necessarily indicate that the 19s are the bottleneck - Tesla may just be prioritizing higher priced orders to boost revenue/ASP.

The 21s alone cost as much as the most expensive paint + interior options combined.

Edd pushed for me from 6/16-7/30 to now 7/23-9/3

Rn1156
White/blk/19s

I know I have the most basic package but does anyone know of a specific part that is delaying deliveries? Rims size? Interior Color?
Not sure if helpful to you or not.... I just took delivery a week or so ago. RN1156 also - Black/Black/19s/No FSD. Hopefully the same for you soon!

Edd pushed for me from 6/16-7/30 to now 7/23-9/3

Rn1156
White/blk/19s

I know I have the most basic package but does anyone know of a specific part that is delaying deliveries? Rims size? Interior Color?

Using the configurator, there is no delivery penalty for any paint/interior/wheel combo.

So, you can stick with the elegant trim you have in your car per your signature, red/cream.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
That may not necessarily indicate that the 19s are the bottleneck - Tesla may just be prioritizing higher priced orders to boost revenue/ASP.

The 21s alone cost as much as the most expensive paint + interior options combined.
100% the higher you pay the faster you get. Go click on the configurator and toggle betwen 19" & 21" rims. Also with 3/y order a performance and get it quicker.

100% the higher you pay the faster you get. Go click on the configurator and toggle betwen 19" & 21" rims. Also with 3/y order a performance and get it quicker.
Sometimes that has been true. Not recently, and not today for the MS.

Tesla got wise to the fact folks were adding FSD, for example, to get the car quicker.

Today I called my SA to inquire why when my hold was lifted yesterday, EDD
immediately presented with a date 8 months out, MORE than a month later than if I ordered the same car now.

The he said, you know what, let me see...oh, you have a soft match as of today...your car could be being built now, or not...but I think you will get it soon.

Greater than zero chance I'm being deliberately mislead.

WTFx2

immediately presented with a date 8 months out, MORE than a month later than if I ordered the same car now.

The he said, you know what, let me see...oh, you have a soft match as of today...your car could be being built now, or not...but I think you will get it soon.

WTFx2

I don’t think they know anything - honestly they have access to the same data we do. They don’t even have a way to escalate in the event of an issue as far as I know. If the car was being built shouldn’t they have access to that data?

WTFx2
I was dealing with my SA for almost two months before I pulled the trigger and ordered my MS in late March - I put a call into the general sales line in January and got connected with him and have been with him ever since. Explained my dilemma of wanting to sell my old MS before the new one comes but don't want to be without a car for more than a month or two. He told me that based on my EDD, I should reach out to him in July and by then, I should have a soft match on a car - and that would be the time to start thinking about selling the old MS.

Dude sounds informative and it sounds like the concept of a soft match is a real one based on multiple folks hearing the same thing from their SA's. It doesn't guarantee an actual DD but I gotta think it means that your car is coming at some point within the next one to three months. Better than a kick in the ass as my father used to say...

Seems like no matter how carefully I try to exit my S, at some point the black plastic sill trim gets scuffed from my shoe. Even more so on the passenger side. Well, I fixed that problem. Highly recommend.easy, cheap, can easily remove if you ever want to. A “scuff” just wipes right off

Attachments

• C12942EA-5E4A-4CBB-9B6B-A714A6AD5EAD.jpeg
    C12942EA-5E4A-4CBB-9B6B-A714A6AD5EAD.jpeg
    416.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 0C840FEA-30C4-4BF3-9811-38ECA9704C3C.jpeg
    0C840FEA-30C4-4BF3-9811-38ECA9704C3C.jpeg
    319.3 KB · Views: 85