Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My signup goes nowhere. I click on the Sign Up Now button but the next screen is blank (repeatedly). Darn!
It worked for me an hour ago... I just sat on that page where you select product or whatever that drop down under country is (got distracted by something on the news) and it populated within a couple minutes. I selected and it processed at zero $ and I now have the subscription. Got email confirmation for $0.

Congrats on the delivery! Car looks great. How did the tire discussion come about? At delivery, you brought up it having summer tires to the SA? Any push back about getting them swapped out no charge at/ before delivery? I'm in NJ and getting push back about this.. "they are what they are if you want the car... etc."
When I ordered I asked my SA if there was an option for AS tires. He told me most delivered in the Midwest came with SA tires. he then checked with service and they told him\ they would swap them out without charge if the car came with summer tires.
When I showed up at my delivery I noticed the summer tires. I ask the SA at my delivery if I could have them changed. He told me the AS tires were out of stock but put in a service request to have them change as soon as they came in at no charge.

It worked for me an hour ago... I just sat on that page where you select product or whatever that drop down under country is (got distracted by something on the news) and it populated within a couple minutes. I selected and it processed at zero $ and I now have the subscription. Got email confirmation for $0.
Retried, seems to be working well now. I guess it's just a bit too popular at the moment, haha

Thanks for the hint. I tried yet again and success! Now, I just need the car....

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
How Does it work?
Going overseas for a month. I do not want to put my order on hold and I do not want to risk losing an assigned VIN, in the unlikely event that an East Coast order is assigned a VIN in June. A neighbor is willing to pick up for me. I'm sure I have to somehow give him power of attorney. If anyone has done this before does Tesla require specific language? Notarized? I asked Tesla chat who said one of my assigned SA's (apparently I have two) would call me right after the chat. That was Monday. My concern is accepting delivery as I can easily pay for the car from anywhere in the world.
Replying to my own message:
Tesla got back to me and I have this in writing. No power of attorney needed. I'd simply pay for the car in the App, accept it in the App and then unlock it for whoever is there to pick it up to drive away. They would leave a return envelope in the car with DMV documents to return with my signature later. I then asked if I could pay for the car and accept it but leave it there for pick up when I return. NOPE. The car has to be driven off their lot. I personally think this is great and progress. I have no interest in inspecting the car prior to acceptance, anyway. So for me, at least, there's no reason to put an order on hold because I can't pick up as scheduled.

Last edited:
Any insights on what could be happening here? I'm new to the forums.
Long story short - EDD is a carrot that Tesla dangles in front of you to give you hope.

EDDs mean nothing - expect for your EDD to constantly shift.

Don't make any plans (loan application, sell your car, etc) until you have an actual delivery appointment scheduled - and even then, maybe wait to confirm that the car is actually at your pickup location.

People have had EDDs shift wildly my months. EDDs have shifted when you're far from them, close to entering it, and even while you're in it.

People have had EDD ranges of a couple days shift, so the width of the range means nothing.

People have had actually delivery appointments, after being assigned a VIN and pickup time, change with no notice.

If you need more room in your refresh, this it what it looks like with the rear seats out.

Seems they are turning some into service vehicles, as I was told this one is.

Attachments

• IMG_20220519_165429446.jpg
    IMG_20220519_165429446.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 115
Long story short - EDD is a carrot that Tesla dangles in front of you to give you hope.

EDDs mean nothing - expect for your EDD to constantly shift.

Don't make any plans (loan application, sell your car, etc) until you have an actual delivery appointment scheduled - and even then, maybe wait to confirm that the car is actually at your pickup location.

People have had EDDs shift wildly my months. EDDs have shifted when you're far from them, close to entering it, and even while you're in it.

People have had EDD ranges of a couple days shift, so the width of the range means nothing.

People have had actually delivery appointments, after being assigned a VIN and pickup time, change with no notice.
Unfortunately for me I ordered this early November because at the time my current 2015 MS 70D was getting old and needed an update 90k miles. Ironically, two weeks later someone flew out of a side road, hit me, and totaled it. I haven’t had a car since November 2021 and where I live in the middle of the woods makes daily life a headache with trying to leave the house. I keep telling myself to buy something while I wait but I feel like I’m wasting money as my EDD is right around the corner. Advice on how to speed this up?