Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What. An. Idiot.

Is he tho?

I don’t disagree with the idea that the Model S is old.

The refresh we got for ‘21/22 is after like 10 years. And even then, it’s the kind of refresh that traditional OEMs give to their cars after ~3 model years.

The exterior barely has any changes at all - even people here in this thread are remarking on how they can’t easily tell the new head/tail lights.

The S is still riding on the same overall design and platform - including the half shaft issue that Tesla can’t seem to fix.

A ground-up redesign after 10+ years is warranted, and probably coming with the 4860s.

Well, I decided to go through with delivery on my LR. Acceleration is a lot better than I expected and off the line it is not that much slower than my P100D. It definitely accelerates 60-90 quicker, too!

I'm going to continue using it for a few more days before deciding which to keep, but I'm starting to regret not just trading in my P100D to save myself the hassle of selling it.

Is he tho?

I don’t disagree with the idea that the Model S is old.

The refresh we got for ‘21/22 is after like 10 years. And even then, it’s the kind of refresh that traditional OEMs give to their cars after ~3 model years.

The exterior barely has any changes at all - even people here in this thread are remarking on how they can’t easily tell the new head/tail lights.

The S is still riding on the same overall design and platform - including the half shaft issue that Tesla can’t seem to fix.

A ground-up redesign after 10+ years is warranted, and probably coming with the 4860s.
But tesla isn't a typical car company. It's more tech/ai IMHO. Don't get me wrong, I would love a new face lift. But they have would have to improve on the drag coefficient and all that fun stuff which can't be easy.

Along with that, they are finishing the overall lineup (truck, roadster, semi). I personally want to see a minivan as well. Those would sell like hot cakes.

Along with that, the overall package of a model S is still much better (after the initial fixs in panel gaps and seals you seem to need to do lol) than most other evs in the range. In fact, the next best ev I can think of is the Rivian or lucid - again this is my opinion. Both ev startups. But I have very high hopes for the lightning.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Well finally the car is ready everyday use. Full wrap XPEL, ceramic tint 45 front and 30 back.

Good luck to everyone here. This forum is nice to have....

Attachments

• email1654444575799.jpg
    email1654444575799.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 140
  • email1654444579083.jpg
    email1654444579083.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 104
  • email1654444593531.jpg
    email1654444593531.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 101