Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up an inventory model LR model S which was in transit to another location. Spoke to SA and the vehicle is still in Fremont, before it’s put on a truck enroute to Seattle.

Bought yesterday 8/16 and vin was assigned immediately. Have completed all the tasks, generally how long before receiving a text to schedule delivery? Currently gives a window of Aug 19 - 23 but haven’t got a text to schedule the actual delivery yet.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Bought yesterday 8/16 and vin was assigned immediately. Have completed all the tasks, generally how long before receiving a text to schedule delivery? Currently gives a window of Aug 19 - 23 but haven’t got a text to schedule the actual delivery yet.
Congratulations. I would call the local Tesla store and see if they can help you schedule it or reply to the text message that tesla sent you regarding the VIN assignment. Do you have the Tesla App installed?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Picked up today! All accessories accounted for. Interior perfect. No obvious paint issues. Body panels and exterior trim need to be better on a car of this caliber, but as good as I've seen on any of the new MS. Was only able to drive it 1.9 miles to the detailer on surface streets and now I'm out of town for a while, but initial impressions:
  • Yoke feels wide and a little weird
  • Need some time to train fingertips on the turn signals
  • Suspension seems very "damped" and super comfortable on auto setting, an improvement from my 2016
  • Ventilated seats are a major improvement (especially since it was 98 today)
  • Interior was definitely quieter even on city streets
  • A man rolled down his window at a stoplight and yelled at me that it was the finest effing car he'd ever seen!
Will post pics and more thorough drive thoughts when I'm back and have more time behind the wheel. Thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing their thoughts and providing real world information.

Picked up today! All accessories accounted for. Interior perfect. No obvious paint issues. Body panels and exterior trim need to be better on a car of this caliber, but as good as I've seen on any of the new MS. Was only able to drive it 1.9 miles to the detailer on surface streets and now I'm out of town for a while, but initial impressions:
  • Suspension seems very "damped" and super comfortable on auto setting, an improvement from my 2016
  • A man rolled down his window at a stoplight and yelled at me that it was the finest effing car he'd ever seen!
Will post pics and more thorough drive thoughts when I'm back and have more time behind the wheel. Thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing their thoughts and providing real world information.
Congratulations. The yoke will become your friend!!

No more behind the wheel. It is behind the yolk. Haha.

I'm not sure that they have to respond. Certainly not yet. Full specs aren't even out yet, and it is limited production product. (What is the range?) And not planned to ship until sometime next year. (That assumes that Lucid will still be around that long, which is likely, but not guaranteed.)

And the cost? $250k+...

Has anyone purchased one of the wheels from Unleashed? Any feedback would be appreciated.
1660998086250.png