Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, think of it this way. I have two identical cars, both 2022's. One car's date code states March 3rd 2022. The other car has a date code of October 25 2022. Which one would you want?
My point is the date placard would have the definitive value, depending on condition.
None of the companies that buy cars look at the production month/year, they only look at the model year listed as part of the VIN and calculate the value based on that.

Well, think of it this way. I have two identical cars, both 2022's. One car's date code states March 3rd 2022. The other car has a date code of October 25 2022. Which one would you want?
My point is the date placard would have the definitive value, depending on condition.
The question was why would you delay delivery, not which car would you buy after the fact. If your strategy was applied then you'd only get a car tomorrow. Like the sign in the store that says "Free beer tomorrow. "

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Everyone talking about delaying delivery and all I want is a VIN! I don’t really care if it’s a model year 22 or 23, I just want a car. I suppose I am impatient. EDD has not budged at all. Still November 18 - January 12 for my Model S Plaid. Had similar levels of excitement for the other Teslas I bought, but at least their EDDs moved around and tightened up, making it more exciting. Maybe if I don’t check for a week, it will change!

We finally received delivery of our S in Ft. Myers, ordered 11 months ago. No issues. Beautiful car. There is a small learning curve from our 3, but it's all positive. We're not into drag racing Lamborghinis so we didn't order the Plaid option, although we could still beat many of them. With that said, the car is fun-to-drive around Naples, and in general, and it is a head-turner. Like most cars, the factory paint is relatively soft so we added professional ceramic coating and some detailing. With FSD, the price had increased a total of $15,000 and Tesla honored the original original ordered price. Nice car! Have fun!

For those awaiting delivery, you are probably tired of looking at all the pretty pictures of other delivered cars to more lucky folks.

Since it is hard to to experience first hand of the nuances of the refresh car before delivery, here is a short vid of the unique sounds the car makes.

enjoy!

On a personal note, I'm looking forward to delivery.. of this car to someone else.

For those awaiting delivery, you are probably tired of looking at all the pretty pictures of other delivered cars to more lucky folks.

Since it is hard to to experience first hand of the nuances of the refresh car before delivery, here is a short vid of the unique sounds the car makes.

enjoy!

On a personal note, I'm looking forward to delivery.. of this car to someone else.
Be patient Grasshopper. Looks like you have a beautiful car with an issue that can be remedied. And you have a tilting screen. 😁

Not sure if all season tires will help you when chain is required if you venture into the snow mountains. I assume majority of the time you will be driving on bare ground in SoCal. Summer tires are better for handling.
With a safety score off 97+, over 10k miles, not sure if I will ever give those tires the workout the deserve.

But being stuck in WX under 40 deg, in slick conditions, the A/S would be nice

Thanks. I didn’t know anything about the tires. What’s the deal w that? Thought they come w Mich Sport Pilot 4S

You're in SoCal like me. I got Pirelli PZeros.

In my opinion, that's what you want in this area. I've never been a fan of all seasons (jack of all trades, master of none). I also take trips up north (skiing/snowboarding) and all seasons are useless in any real snow. They either require chains/cables or snow tires.

I usually have snow tires ready to swap to when I need to. Far better than all seasons. I'm from NJ so I'm pretty comfortable driving in snow/cold weather.

When I wear through these tires (which may be quick since I have a heavy foot), I'll probably replace with the same or Michelin Pilot 4S. Good compromise between wear and performance. I have Sport Cup 2s on my other car and those are overkill for a daily driver. The Model S can stand for better suspension/brakes vs. tires.

You're in SoCal like me. I got Pirelli PZeros.

In my opinion, that's what you want in this area. I've never been a fan of all seasons (jack of all trades, master of none). I also take trips up north (skiing/snowboarding) and all seasons are useless in any real snow. They either require chains/cables or snow tires.

I usually have snow tires ready to swap to when I need to. Far better than all seasons. I'm from NJ so I'm pretty comfortable driving in snow/cold weather.

When I wear through these tires (which may be quick since I have a heavy foot), I'll probably replace with the same or Michelin Pilot 4S. Good compromise between wear and performance. I have Sport Cup 2s on my other car and those are overkill for a daily driver. The Model S can stand for better suspension/brakes vs. tires.
Model S is a heavy car and the rear tires will wear out faster than the front. Softer compound is nice and sticky but they wear out like jello. I am prepared to replace them in less than 20K miles if I am lucky. Price to pay for a fancy car.

Model S is a heavy car and the rear tires will wear out faster than the front. Softer compound is nice and sticky but they wear out like jello. I am prepared to replace them in less than 20K miles if I am lucky. Price to pay for a fancy car.

20K? That's extraordinarily high based on my experience.

I typically own/drive higher horsepower vehicles and summer tires in the rear will typically last 5-8K miles only.