Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone set their wiper blades to the service position and try to pull the blades away from the windshield? The blades only lift up a small amount because the arm hinge is not designed to fully pivot like all other cars made. Why would Tesla do this?
Yes, one can perform any replacement or cleaning with the small amount of lift but it would be nice to pivot away from the glass and lock in an upright position.. Am I missing something?

Anyone set their wiper blades to the service position and try to pull the blades away from the windshield? The blades only lift up a small amount because the arm hinge is not designed to fully pivot like all other cars made. Why would Tesla do this?
Yes, one can perform any replacement or cleaning with the small amount of lift but it would be nice to pivot away from the glass and lock in an upright position.. Am I missing something?
It is annoying. It means you can't prop the blades up during an ice/snow storm to prevent them from freezing to the window. A problem they don't have in California.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Took delivery of my MSLR yesterday! Built 9/22, so they were absolutely slinging these cars off the line for EOQ. Fortunately, this cars build quality is great! No gaps, everything feels solid and bolted down. The car came with one small paint chip that will be fixed in a service appointment, and also was pretty dirty from whatever truck they transported it on.

However, on the drive home there were a few issues I noticed:

-worm in the yoke airbag
-ultransonic sensors having a loose connection, causing park assist and auto lane change to fail most drives
-a loud THUNK from the front suspension when driving over a speedbump or down a hill and leveling out.
-grinding noise from front tires when taking sharp right or left turns.

All of these are getting taken care of by a service appointment friday. I absolutely love the car, feels so much better than my previous 3 and the acceleration is absolutely insane. It’s also whisper quiet which is a huge plus. Going to take it out to the mountains tomorrow to see how it handles.
Look inside the wheel wells to see if the liners are attached. I had at least one missing plastic rivet per wheel.

Did you look under the car for shipping damage?

Don't expect much from service. Count yourself lucky if they don't break any thing.

my S makes noises while turning or going over bumps, its so hard to describe. Anyone else?
Is it cold where you live? I noticed in my original S when it was cold and going over bumps, it would sound like the wheels were scraping the inside of the wheel well. Never really ‘fixed’ it as I only noticed it when it was truly cold. Which is rare in South Texas.

I don't know, I will turn off music today when I drive and try to listen better. But my car is definitely not quiet while driving. Other then normal tire/road noise I keep hearing the car make random sounds. Sometimes I feel like I'm on a old sail boat.
You did not describe the sounds but new Tesla always have cracking noises like loose panel or panels rubbing each other. My experience is to drive the car for a few months and see if they go away. Either you get used to them or they actually went away. Tesla is not a MBZ or BMW. It uses flimsy interior material which seemed glued or taped together.

Will this adapter work with the original refreshed Model S’s with the different charge port door?
I believe it depends on the date of production. If the car has a Gen 4 ECU, it has CCS adapter compatibility. I have heard they started putting the Gen 4 ECU’a in cars around October 2020. My Model 3 was built on 5/21/21 and claims to be CCS compatible in the software “additional details” section. Not sure if it is different in the Model S, but in the Model 3/Y, if you go to settings, software, select “additional details,” you can check if it is CCS adapter support is enabled. It will either say “not installed” or “enabled.”
I also received my adapter last Monday… the morning after my car made involuntary contact with a deer at about 50 MPH.. so I’ll have to wait for my S to test it 😀 just a few more months 😅

Look inside the wheel wells to see if the liners are attached. I had at least one missing plastic rivet per wheel.

Did you look under the car for shipping damage?

Don't expect much from service. Count yourself lucky if they don't break any thing.
Yeah there was a bit of scraped paint on the bottom of the bumper near where it meets the skid plate. Very minor, and they are taking care of it.

Bellevue service center has always been amazing, so hopefully they don’t mess up their good streak.

Will this adapter work with the original refreshed Model S’s with the different charge port door?
The adapter physically fits, so as long as it says CCS enabled under vehicle information I don't see why it wouldn't.

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 00.17.33.png
Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 00.17.45.png

The latest Fremont flyover shows a very slow factory, potentially doing maintenance or retooling. With some S and X cars out on the lot with what looks like European license plate holders? Would be great to see if that's really case, meaning the announced December delivery date may by somewhat realistic this time.. #hope 🤞

The latest Fremont flyover shows a very slow factory, potentially doing maintenance or retooling. With some S and X cars out on the lot with what looks like European license plate holders? Would be great to see if that's really case, meaning the announced December delivery date may by somewhat realistic this time.
Steering wheel still on the wrong side....