Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those still with ultrasonics that may be on the fritz:

Apparently the air suspension compressor may give off EM interference when adjusting ride height, causing the sensors to think they have failed. Service wrapped the wiring with foil to shield it and fixed the issue for me. If anyone else is getting frequent “Park Assist Unavailable” with the sensors near the wheels giving off an internal fault while in service mode (s1,s6,s7,s12), ask service to see if this is the issue.

Apparently the air suspension compressor may give off EM interference when adjusting ride height, causing the sensors to think they have failed. Service wrapped the wiring with foil to shield it and fixed the issue for me. If anyone else is getting frequent “Park Assist Unavailable” with the sensors near the wheels giving off an internal fault while in service mode (s1,s6,s7,s12), ask service to see if this is the issue.
Thanks. Foil is better than tape. Can we do it ourselves?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Curious, however mine still occasionally go on the fritz parking in hot sun for a few hours. Its gotten better, and then worse, with various software releases.

Curious, however mine still occasionally go on the fritz parking in hot sun for a few hours. Its gotten better, and then worse, with various software releases.
That was the problem with mine as well. After a year of being told it was a firmware issue I got more insistent. They replace some sensors (supposedly newer versions) and the problem went away. Previously it was 100% repeatable when parked in the sun on a hot day. In my case it only occurred when rear was facing the sun so that narrowed it down. Zero problems since.

That was the problem with mine as well. After a year of being told it was a firmware issue I got more insistent. They replace some sensors (supposedly newer versions) and the problem went away. Previously it was 100% repeatable when parked in the sun on a hot day. In my case it only occurred when rear was facing the sun so that narrowed it down. Zero problems since.

Yikes, same exact problem then, including it being the rear sensors. I guess I'll get back to complaining about it. I just had a subframe bolt fixed (after getting a whole new sway bar...) for creaks, so I'm a bit tired of making the service center visit. Hopefully mobile can handle the bumper removal and sensors.

I suspect they'll just switch everyone to vision parking, though Tesla literally replaced my radar sensor a week before the car switched to vision only due to a TSB for water ingress. Great timing :)

Last edited:
Delivery Update!

My nose cone car has been delivered to a new owner!

I'll have to learn to live without FUSC and sunroof I guess.

I won't be coming back here, as I have nothing to add of value for the foreseeable future, as I have fully accepted the delivery of my '22 MS.

Thanks to long suffering posters on this thread, for the therapy and advice and shared knowledge over the last two years.

Attachments

• IMG_20221024_165245053.jpg
    IMG_20221024_165245053.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 105
Delivery Update!

I won't be coming back here, as I have nothing to add of value for the foreseeable future, as I have fully accepted the delivery of my '22 MS.

Thanks to long suffering posters on this thread, for the therapy and advice and shared knowledge over the last two years.
Sayonara Aerodyne. See ya in the fast lane. 🏎🏎 It’s been a fun ride.

Delivery Update!

Now the real suffering begins, all of the issues owning it. lol Love the car but always a problem with mine. Not all, but mine.

Very silent here

What's going on here?
In the last two weeks it seems Tesla has been producing EU variants as they need to get them on their way on boats for delivery before the end of the year. At least one of those expecting an EU Model S is a 2023, so presumably when NA cars begin production again shortly I imagine you will be seeing a lot of NA 2023 Model S VINs assigned popping up in this thread.

In the last two weeks it seems Tesla has been producing EU variants as they need to get them on their way on boats for delivery before the end of the year. At least one of those expecting an EU Model S is a 2023, so presumably when NA cars begin production again shortly I imagine you will be seeing a lot of NA 2023 Model S VINs assigned popping up in this thread.
Any US customers should wait until 2023 so that they can get the $7500 tax credit.

That's too bad. Most EV sedans nowadays will cost more than $55,000 (some with dealer markup). In 2014, my Model S got a total of $10,000 tax credit between state and fed. That was a real incentive to be guinea pig then.
The law changed a month ago… used to not have a cap on cost of the EV or income qualifiers to get the $7500 tax credit… now we have a price cap and income caps as well as where manufactured, etc... not many EVs qualify

Now the real suffering begins, all of the issues owning it. lol Love the car but always a problem with mine. Not all, but mine.
You are not alone, there is a whole thread on just refresh issues. I have my fair share, mostly delivery and service damage trying to fix things

Yesterday I doubled the miles on this 5 month old car, Safe to say, its starting to grow on me. For instance, having the traffic light chime come on quicker than the Wife can say, GO, is priceless