Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of 500XXX 2023 LR S (MSM, 19”, Black Interior, FSD) tonight. I asked the advisor helping me out and he told me the build date was December 8th, 2022. It was a late pickup and I was running out of daylight, but everything looks great so far. I did a quick check for any obvious panel gaps, a quick scan on the paint, underneath the car for any scratches, rash on the wheels, and the interior- I didn’t see anything at all at delivery time. I did notice when I got home that on the roof there was what looked to be a 3” fairly deep scratch, but it fortunately turned out to be some adhesive that came off with a little muscle, a microfiber cloth and some wash wax spray.

I am going to be doing a much more thorough inspection tomorrow before doing PPF and Tint next week, but it seems like I may have won the quality lottery so far…

As a side note, I have not noticed anything that has popped out at me as new over previous models. It does have the new rear screen and still has USS.

I placed a custom order for a Model S Plaid just 2 days ago and I got a call from a Tesla rep today asking me if I would be home the next 2 days. I guess they REALLY want to deliver as many cars as possible before the end of December. He told me there's a big promotion going on (I guess the 10k miles of free charging) if I could take delivery by December 31st. I said I'd be happy to, but that I live in Alaska. Lol. He didn't even realize where I lived. Anyway, it would be impossible to take delivery in time. Hopefully I won't have too long to wait for actual delivery. I honestly done even know how ordering works out for people who live in Alaska. I just went to the website and placed an order and I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I placed a custom order for a Model S Plaid just 2 days ago and I got a call from a Tesla rep today asking me if I would be home the next 2 days. I guess they REALLY want to deliver as many cars as possible before the end of December. He told me there's a big promotion going on (I guess the 10k miles of free charging) if I could take delivery by December 31st. I said I'd be happy to, but that I live in Alaska. Lol. He didn't even realize where I lived. Anyway, it would be impossible to take delivery in time. Hopefully I won't have too long to wait for actual delivery. I honestly done even know how ordering works out for people who live in Alaska. I just went to the website and placed an order and I guess I'll find out soon enough.
Tell them you still want the free 10k supercharging miles since you were home waiting for it. 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja
Bummer. They are offering a $7,500 discount if you take delivery by Dec 31.

Yeah. That’s just wrong.
It is what it is, I guess. I offered to sign all the papers and pay them and whatever, but I had to actually take delivery and there just isn't a way to get the car to Alaska in time to make the deadline. I just kind of wish I had thought of buying this car a few weeks ago instead. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to owning a Model S Plaid in the near future!

Reactions: cwanja and Bull
Just got around to figuring out how to clean the glovebox flocking of all the loose material. Haven't been in there since delivery.

In doing so, found a swatch of black cloth with a "T" logo in a flat plastic wrap.

Looks too cheap to be a screen cleaning cloth, but I'm guessing that is what it is.

Thoughts?

Reactions: AMPd
Just got around to figuring out how to clean the glovebox flocking of all the loose material. Haven't been in there since delivery.

In doing so, found a swatch of black cloth with a "T" logo in a flat plastic wrap.

Looks too cheap to be a screen cleaning cloth, but I'm guessing that is what it is.

Thoughts?
I think we got that 'T' cloth with every Tesla we had/have. Wasn't that cheap then, maybe it is now. I believe it is for the screen. Never used them. Think all 4 are in a drawer somewhere.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
I think we got that 'T' cloth with every Tesla we had/have. Wasn't that cheap then, maybe it is now. I believe it is for the screen. Never used them. Think all 4 are in a drawer somewhere.
Yet another thing I missed by buying early. FOMO is real and no retrofits for anything yet. Probably not even for a screen cleaning cloth. 😖

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne