Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question: that yellow looks sick... a great accent. Did you have the symbol and text wrapped or did you find them online. If so, could you post a link or PM me? I would like to go with a blue.
This isn’t where I got the emblem wrap but it looks like a proper fit.
1678411508719.png2

So, back to new MS to be delivered. Dirty, duct tape residue where one rear window would not close.

No USS, no new cameras.

Bright side is new chrome letters on rear trim bar are just thin appliques that are so poorly attached you can twist them into alignment, which needed doing..
So you’re saying the new S is not as nice than befor the refresh refresh refresh???? Surely it has Hw4. HW4 will make me overlook the fact they lied about brakes being updated, and removal of the USS that obviously has no current fix. (Sarcastic remark) the best part of this thread I get to listen to people talk about the hw4 that’s confirmed. They aren’t even planning FSD

i snagged a 2022 plaid about 3weeks ago and summed it out of my garage this morning.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
So you’re saying the new S is not as nice than befor the refresh refresh refresh???? Surely it has Hw4. HW4 will make me overlook the fact they lied about brakes being updated, and removal of the USS that obviously has no current fix. (Sarcastic remark) the best part of this thread I get to listen to people talk about the hw4 that’s confirmed.
SA lied or was misinformed about HW4 on the cars I saw.
They aren’t even planning FSD
Careful there, flames a coming. I know you mean Level 5 and you are probably correct.

Confirmation bias runs strong. YT'er raves on vid about how great HW 4 FSD is, then soon after, runs a stop sign or some similar fail. "But it did better than 10.69"
i snagged a 2022 plaid about 3weeks ago and summed it out of my garage this morning.
Nice. Miss my free summon, sunroof, charging, and data from the 2015 MS.

I don't need HW4, what I want is new cameras and better quality of centry mode.

Maybe next Tesla around 4/5 years I will order with FSD, in Europe it's useless.
Screen shot with HW4 info. Not sure if it is accurate, but the VIN I saw was over 500000. This from teslainfo.com:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230310-102135.png
    Screenshot_20230310-102135.png
    436.4 KB · Views: 116
For the back orders ( 2 years ago.. Europe case 😂😂)..

Is it possible to switch the car yoke to round steering ? Would it change the price? Anyone who got it done without impacting the price?

In Denmark they are saying : no can’t be done, new car price if you want that changed.. ( SA forgot to mention that the other cheaper option would be to just get it replaced for a few buck than paying equivalent to a new model 3 long range price difference 😂😂)

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
For the back orders ( 2 years ago.. Europe case 😂😂)..

Is it possible to switch the car yoke to round steering ? Would it change the price? Anyone who got it done without impacting the price?

In Denmark they are saying : no can’t be done, new car price if you want that changed.. ( SA forgot to mention that the other cheaper option would be to just get it replaced for a few buck than paying equivalent to a new model 3 long range price difference 😂😂)
I would not mess with an order that old. Just suck it up with the yoke, and have it swapped if you don't get on with it.

just got a call. my car is on a truck to irvine. appointment is 245 sunday. The asked the SA if he could confirm that i have hw4. he says the note(or tag) says ap4 and previous cars were ap3. so he assumes so.
i told him that i was under the impression that the parking sensors and Auto pilot would not be working , he didnt think that was the case.
i asked if the cameras were installed and working and he said the expected yes.
i told him that i heard that the software was not updated to use them and he said that there may be an update in a few days.

has anyone picked up a car, i checked my vin and it is after the 50500xxxx per the post above.

just got a call. my car is on a truck to irvine. appointment is 245 sunday. The asked the SA if he could confirm that i have hw4. he says the note(or tag) says ap4 and previous cars were ap3. so he assumes so.
i told him that i was under the impression that the parking sensors and Auto pilot would not be working , he didnt think that was the case.
i asked if the cameras were installed and working and he said the expected yes.
i told him that i heard that the software was not updated to use them and he said that there may be an update in a few days.

has anyone picked up a car, i checked my vin and it is after the 50500xxxx per the post above.
I believe there was an update in the last couple of days that enabled Autopilot on HW4 cars. Mine is scheduled to arrive by the 22nd, VIN is 5053XX so I expect HW4

Reactions: dgene84
Ok, I REALLY like the new Ultra Red color. Blue was fine, but the red, I think, is gorgeous. Called the 800 number today and asked if I could change from the blue to Ultra Red. Since I had not yet made any changes, they were OK (1 change was allowed?), even if the VIN (i.e. car was already made) had been assigned.

Ordered January 18 (Plaid, blue) and my delivery windows was March 14 - March 23. While I don't have a formal, new "assigned window", Tesla told me it should still be delivered in March. That would mean another 1 week, on a two month wait so far.

FWIW.... :)

Ok, I REALLY like the new Ultra Red color. Blue was fine, but the red, I think, is gorgeous. Called the 800 number today and asked if I could change from the blue to Ultra Red. Since I had not yet made any changes, they were OK (1 change was allowed?), even if the VIN (i.e. car was already made) had been assigned.

Ordered January 18 (Plaid, blue) and my delivery windows was March 14 - March 23. While I don't have a formal, new "assigned window", Tesla told me it should still be delivered in March. That would mean another 1 week, on a two month wait so far.

FWIW.... :)
When you changed the color did it update in your profile?

I ask because I too changed the color on my order before by going to a service center and speaking with a person there. He did something on the computer and said I was all set with the new color

Days. Weeks. Months later the change was not reflected on my profile. I went back and asked and there was no record of me requesting a color change.

Had I not asked again, I would have received the color I initially ordered.

Reactions: aerodyne
I picked mine up today. MSP Blue 19” wheels. Yoke. Had 6 miles on it. Didn’t do as thorough of a job of checking things as some of you outline here, but everything seems to be functioning fine. It came with summer tires but I did need all-seasons, as I live in a snowy place. Luckily they had all-seasons in stock and were nice to squeeze me in for a quick tire swap, hence I had to wait another hour or so, for the car’s very first service visit before I even got to drive it. :) There was a software update pending for 2023.2.201, as soon as I paired my phone. It’s doing the update at the moment. People at the store told me this is the HW4, along with the updated cameras.

I picked mine up today. MSP Blue 19” wheels. Yoke. Had 6 miles on it. Didn’t do as thorough of a job of checking things as some of you outline here, but everything seems to be functioning fine. It came with summer tires but I did need all-seasons, as I live in a snowy place. Luckily they had all-seasons in stock and were nice to squeeze me in for a quick tire swap, hence I had to wait another hour or so, for the car’s very first service visit before I even got to drive it. :) There was a software update pending for 2023.2.201, as soon as I paired my phone. It’s doing the update at the moment. People at the store told me this is the HW4, along with the updated cameras.
Great!
Let us know all about it when you've had a drive around.

Love to hear about any changes from recent Model Ss.
Regards,

Great!
Let us know all about it when you've had a drive around.

Love to hear about any changes from recent Model Ss.
Regards,
By the time they got done with tires, it was pretty dark outside, and my first drive happened to be in dark for about 25 miles to the hotel. Hence, I didn’t get much out of it. My previous car was MYP. I always thought that was a fast car. Apparently not compared to MSP. Couple gentle bursts of throttle pushes along the way. Feels like the car will run away from underneath me. One other thing I also noticed right away is the higher resolution of camera images compared to my Y.

• Informative
Reactions: Dayreg
Were you charged for the tire swap from summer tires to all seasons? Congrats though!