Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was actually installing the mud flaps when you sent this message. I got these off of Amazon.

The fit is good. They are made for these new MSs. No drilling needed, just replaces the push pins and I also used the metal clips on the back. I wish they would extend further inwards on the back as you can see in one of the pictures and also a little higher along the edge on the front. But I donā€™t if any mud flap out there goes any further beyond these. They feel pretty solid and hopefully stay on in the long run. I am now ready for my snowy drive for tomorrow.
Dammm your Amazon is fast!!!!!!!! Lol

• Funny
Reactions: inalkm
40$ who cares right????
Definitely will get the job done. I got mine till I can get my fenders 10mil ppf
I was actually thinking about the same when I was installing the mud flaps. My MYP had plastic around the fenders which is probably a better idea than exposed body sheet metal right around the wheel. Now that you mentioned it, I should also put some PpF around the wheels and reinstall the mud flaps also.

Tesla wonā€™t give me my build date, thinking of releasing the VIN to make sure I have everything.

Not getting stuck second time around like I did with my DEC 21 build.
Try another source besides your SA, if you have not already.

Tesla knows the birthdate as soon as it leaves the plant.

Try customer support (Oxymoron I know) chat, regional delivery center, or the Tesla loyalty advisor.

Def don't let Tesla sell you something you don't want..

Reactions: Greeney
This just in....from SA at Santa Barbara store.

Do I think he is lying? Probably not. Does he even know how to check for HW4? Maybe...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230311-175952~2.png
    Screenshot_20230311-175952~2.png
    138.7 KB · Views: 122
Not to be a ā€œwet blanket,ā€ but werenā€™t we led to believe (on the order page), when ordering our 2021 Plaids, that we would get a safe 200 mph car? Now they want $20,000 more for what was supposed to be included? Not happening (Tesla getting another $20,000 from me).

Edit: And with one peddle driving, I canā€™t recall the last time I even used my current brakes! šŸ¤£

@uthatcher
Yeah there were multiple promises in the original order that never materialized, or did so much later. 200 mph, tilting screen, and something else I can't recall. And it's not like Tesla didn't know...the tilting screen hardware didn't exist, so it couldn't ever operate. And it didn't really take a rocket scientist to know that they were going to require specific hardware, brakes, to allow 200 mph.

Reactions: jebinc
Yeah there were multiple promises in the original order that never materialized, or did so much later. 200 mph, tilting screen, and something else I can't recall. And it's not like Tesla didn't know...the tilting screen hardware didn't exist, so it couldn't ever operate. And it didn't really take a rocket scientist to know that they were going to require specific hardware, brakes, to allow 200 mph.
Tilting hardware did exist. My PoS has the tilting hardware, sans ā€˜da motors - shipped short, due to Covid supply issues. Not even an apology or retrofit path available.