Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Showed up early at test drive event. Recent build MS on display. Will be back soon to take pics of refreshed MX and Feb non refresh MS.

Been told all MS built before March 4 are "Legacy" with USS. If so, those inventory discounted cars are rather attractive.

Showed up early at test drive event. Recent build MS on display. Will be back soon to take pics of refreshed MX and Feb non refresh MS.

Been told all MS built before March 4 are "Legacy" with USS. If so, those inventory discounted cars are rather attractive.
There's mid February builds listed as having HW4 with radar are sans USS, I'm not sure anything built this year has USS....amazing how the Tesla customer service workers are given so little info...

It frustrating that to get HW4, updated cameras, and radar you have to give up USS and parking features.

Reactions: Duke846
  • Helpful
Reactions: aerodyne
Yeah but that’s my point…it had some hardware, but your screen is never going to tilt and neither is mine in my April 2022 X Plaid (the ones built a week after mine did). It was missing the motors that would enable it, and there was never a retrofit that I’m aware of.
"Give me a long enough fulcrum and I can move a center screen"

Archimedes

SA would not show me how they determine which cars have HW4. If you give them a VIN they will tell you.

I did verify today one MX built Feb 25th has new cameras and logo on the rear trim bar.

Tesla-info.com must have a way.

Yah I think so, Tesla-info's info is spot on.

My Vin ends in 5073XX so it was only built two days ago, but I'll check for the cams and new roof before accepting. Seat wrinkles too :)

Reactions: aerodyne and AMPd
I picked my Ms long range, blue, black round steering wheel today In irvine ca. the service advisor said he has only seen four or five round wheels on new cars and they have abput 100 people per day picking up cars (wow)
he said I must have hw4 becuause I have the red cameras on the side (the guy i First spoke with said the did not have hw4 yet. However I think was thinking of A software upgrade which will restore the parking assist . Paint and body fitment looked good

I picked my Ms long range, blue, black round steering wheel today In irvine ca. the service advisor said he has only seen four or five round wheels on new cars and they have abput 100 people per day picking up cars (wow)
he said I must have hw4 becuause I have the red cameras on the side (the guy i First spoke with said the did not have hw4 yet. However I think was thinking of A software upgrade which will restore the parking assist . Paint and body fitment looked good

Awesome... Enjoy!

They should know HW status from the source code. Look for AP04 by right clicking on your image of the car in your account.

While you are there, see if you have code RA02. If so, lucky you, that is the new radar.

Today I was fed the same story from two Marina Del Rey SA managers that raised letters on rear trim and red lensed cameras mean HW4.

I'm not buying that, literally. I'll take them to court if they disable my USS.

It's probably true that even if you are not factory gated, and have V11.1.3, HW4 functionality will require another update.

Meanwhile, you won't have parking assist and summon and such. Without radar, that could take a while, just ask the MY folks from last year.

Reactions: _panda and mm9351
Awesome... Enjoy!

They should know HW status from the source code. Look for AP04 by right clicking on your image of the car in your account.

While you are there, see if you have code RA02. If so, lucky you, that is the new radar.

Today I was fed the same story from two Marina Del Rey SA managers that raised letters on rear trim and red lensed cameras mean HW4.

I'm not buying that, literally. I'll take them to court if they disable my USS.

It's probably true that even if you are not factory gated, and have V11.1.3, HW4 functionality will require another update.

Meanwhile, you won't have parking assist and summon and such. Without radar, that could take a while, just ask the MY folks from last year.
I pickup on Friday.

Am I asking the people at the location to check their system for AP04 & RA02?