Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So last Monday I found out that if I traded by Model S with lifetime supercharging on a new Model S I would get 6 years free charging. A good deal since my current car would be 10 years old at the end of 6 years, and the new cars have the latest tech and nicer interiors.

Placed the order Monday and had a RN in minutes. Got a VIN today and can pick the car up Monday. Tesla REALLY wants the lifetime free charging cars off the road.
Did you have to fill out any paperwork for your unlimited trade offer? Does your order details say 6 years? Because I’m picking up my car now and the delivery people have no knowledge of this promotion and can’t even tell me if I will get the 6 years

907A9A8E-D8D0-4DDE-A38C-A5D85D1AF5A6.jpeg

Is this a bad panel gap?

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Macbest
J
Did you have to fill out any paperwork for your unlimited trade offer? Does your order details say 6 years? Because I’m picking up my car now and the delivery people have no knowledge of this promotion and can’t even tell me if I will get the 6 years

View attachment 933044
Is this a bad panel gap?
No. i haven’t been given anything in writing but I will ask for it before I show up for my delivery appointment.

View attachment 933044
Is this a bad panel gap?

So last Monday I found out that if I traded by Model S with lifetime supercharging on a new Model S I would get 6 years free charging. A good deal since my current car would be 10 years old at the end of 6 years, and the new cars have the latest tech and nicer interiors.

Placed the order Monday and had a RN in minutes. Got a VIN today and can pick the car up Monday. Tesla REALLY wants the lifetime free charging cars off the road.

Did you pick up your car today with 6 years free charging? I haven’t heard anything back from Tesla about my deal, they are so unorganized

Did you pick up your car today with 6 years free charging? I haven’t heard anything back from Tesla about my deal, they are so unorganized
I was informed the truck from Fremont hadn’t arrived and because I have an out-of-town wedding rescheduled for next Monday.

in the meantime I have asked for confirmation of the 6 year supercharging program. I was referred to Order Support and they responded by asking for the VIN of my existing car, which was odd since they would have that information from my referral number.

if I don’t get a positive response - 6 years of free supercharging - I will tell them to turn the truck around and take the car back to Fremont.

it has occurred to me that I haven’t seen anything official from Tesla on the 6 year offer, only on EV websites and e-magazines. I was told that the offer was legitimate when I asked the online help center. They said yes, and I immediately placed my order.

We’ll see what happens.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
I was informed the truck from Fremont hadn’t arrived and because I have an out-of-town wedding rescheduled for next Monday.

in the meantime I have asked for confirmation of the 6 year supercharging program. I was referred to Order Support and they responded by asking for the VIN of my existing car, which was odd since they would have that information from my referral number.

if I don’t get a positive response - 6 years of free supercharging - I will tell them to turn the truck around and take the car back to Fremont.

it has occurred to me that I haven’t seen anything official from Tesla on the 6 year offer, only on EV websites and e-magazines. I was told that the offer was legitimate when I asked the online help center. They said yes, and I immediately placed my order.

We’ll see what happens.
You will want "written" confirmation directly from Tesla.

Reactions: jrr6415sun

We’ll see what happens.

it is on tesla's website: Ownership Loyalty Benefits | Tesla Support

but yea I would try to get something in writing.

I have my car rescheduled for Wednesday, but the last message they sent me on Saturday was to "standby" while they research how to get the promotion.

it is on tesla's website: Ownership Loyalty Benefits | Tesla Support

but yea I would try to get something in writing.

I have my car rescheduled for Wednesday, but the last message they sent me on Saturday was to "standby" while they research how to get the promotion.

Remember, they can change the offer at anytime.

Maybe they already have in the Multiverse.

Reactions: msm859
Remember, they can change the offer at anytime.

Maybe they already have in the Multiverse.
Yes, especially # 5.
  1. Tesla reserves the right to change, modify, or terminate this offer at any time without prior notice.
So I would want notice - in writing - that is applies to my specific purpose. However, I am not sure if an extra 3 years (they are giving everyone 3 years free) is that much of an incentive. I think I would want my current unlimited fully transferable.