Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, especially # 5.
  1. Tesla reserves the right to change, modify, or terminate this offer at any time without prior notice.
So I would want notice - in writing - that is applies to my specific purpose. However, I am not sure if an extra 3 years (they are giving everyone 3 years free) is that much of an incentive. I think I would want my current unlimited fully transferable.

Knowing how weasily Tesla can be first hand, even if you have it in writing they can change it a nanosecond before you accept delivery.

I would not stress about this too much, and instead work your checklists to ensure one gets a good delivery.

Rubric:

Major defect - must reject!

Don't worry about loosing your place in line, so much in inventory you won't have to wait but a few weeks IMO.

So the latest.

I received a text message that my car has arrived and I can schedule an earlier delivery that May 8. I replied that it has bee w4 hours since Tesla’s Order Support team asked for my current VIN number to confirm the 6 year free supercharging deal. I added that if the deal was not forthcoming I wouldn’t accept delivery. Here’s the latest from Tesla;

"It would just be a matter of waiting on their response. They should respond soon. If they do not, we can adjust the delivery date."

I'm perfectly content with my 2020 Model S so at this point I don’t GAF.

they finally sent me the contract for giving up my unlimited free charging. It is not clear if my order does not go through if I still lose the unlimited charging. It does say once you accept delivery if you return it you still lose your unlimited charging, but what happens if I reject delivery? It's not clear.

Attachments

• unlimited transfer.pdf
    226.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike
they finally sent me the contract for giving up my unlimited free charging. It is not clear if my order does not go through if I still lose the unlimited charging. It does say once you accept delivery if you return it you still lose your unlimited charging, but what happens if I reject delivery? It's not clear.
They cannot even use Tesla letterhead on the offer or have someone from Tesla sign? It says it is irreversible "after you have taken delivery".

They cannot even use Tesla letterhead on the offer or have someone from Tesla sign? It says it is irreversible "after you have taken delivery".
I received the same letter, only they filled in the VIN of my car and the RN for the new one. I asked to change the words "may be" to "are" in the first sentence that confirms the trade‘s eligibility. They also didn’t give the name or email of my sales advisor; I was never assigned one.

You’re also correct that there’s no way to know if the agreement has bee accepted by Tesla.

I emailed them and the local Tesla operations manager and told them I’m fed up, and if they don’t respond the deal’s off. Nothing wrong with the car I have.

"The forfeiture of your unlimited Supercharging benefit on your current vehicle is non-reversible in the event that you cancel" OR "reverse your purchase after you have taken delivery."

It is not clear if the "after you have taken delivery" applies to the cancel part or if the cancel part is it's own thing no matter when you cancel.

It has to be before delivery because how can you "cancel" after delivery? You reverse after delivery.

"The forfeiture of your unlimited Supercharging benefit on your current vehicle is non-reversible in the event that you cancel" OR "reverse your purchase after you have taken delivery."

It is not clear if the "after you have taken delivery" applies to the cancel part or if the cancel part is it's own thing no matter when you cancel.

It has to be before delivery because how can you "cancel" after delivery? You reverse after delivery.
Any ambiguity would be interpreted against the drafter of the contract. I agree that "cancel or reverse" is a little redundant, but it states "you" thus you the buyer have complete control over whether your cancel or reverse and it appears you must do it "after" taking delivery.

I received the same letter, only they filled in the VIN of my car and the RN for the new one. I asked to change the words "may be" to "are" in the first sentence that confirms the trade‘s eligibility. They also didn’t give the name or email of my sales advisor; I was never assigned one.

You’re also correct that there’s no way to know if the agreement has bee accepted by Tesla.

I emailed them and the local Tesla operations manager and told them I’m fed up, and if they don’t respond the deal’s off. Nothing wrong with the car I have.
So after my latest text I received a phone call from Tesla HQ. A very nice senior person apologized, said the concerns were noted and legitimate. It turns out the letter that we’ve been receiving is meant for people keeping/gifting/selling the existing Model S, where they get the newer model with 6 years free supercharging. If, like me, you are trading in your car there’s nothing to sign.

i took delivery this afternoon and the operations manager told me there is a lot of internal confusion, and they have been given little direction.

Here’s the new one IMG_3985.jpeg

Last edited:
So after my latest text I received a phone call from Tesla HQ. A very nice senior person apologized, said the concerns were noted and legitimate. It turns out the letter that we’ve been receiving is meant for people keeping/gifting/selling the existing Model S, where they get the newer model with 6 years free supercharging. If, like me, you are trading in your car there’s nothing to sign.

i took delivery this afternoon and the operations manager told me there is a lot of internal confusion, and they have been given little direction.

Here’s the new oneView attachment 934400
Tesla looks sensational.

Good job.

Lose the Roller.

Here’s the new oneView attachment 934400
Is there anything in your account on your car that mentions unlimited charging for 6 years?

I also took delivery yesterday but the guy told me it takes 24 hours for the back team to process the promotion after pickup.

Is there anything in your account on your car that mentions unlimited charging for 6 years?

I also took delivery yesterday but the guy told me it takes 24 hours for the back team to process the promotion after pickup.
That’s what I was told as well. I believe they need to confirm you trade in has occurred. I don’t think I mentioned that they’ve been getting slammed by all the owners taking them up on this offer, which is why so many employees were caught flat footed.

Check your app section "Specs & warranty." Mine indicates time-bound supercharging. I think that’s it.IMG_2752.png

Last edited:
Check your app section "Specs & warranty." Mine indicates time-bound supercharging. I think that’s it.View attachment 934525

cool! mine says the same. I wish it specified the "time" though to verify that we actually got 6 years as promised.

I actually didn't trade in though. My tesla with unlimited charging got totaled recently and it's still on my account and so this was my next best option, 6 years is better than nothing.

Here is a link to pictures of my 2023 Ultra Red S next to a 2022 Multicoat Red S (iPhone), as well as some pictures a couple hours later of just the Ultra Red car compared to an X-Rite Color Checker (Hasselblad X1D II 50C). Enjoy!

Best regards,
Bob
Thanks for putting that up Bob. I appreciate your sharing it. I'd love to hear any more comparisons you could share.