Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Joey,

Joey D:
FYI, my service advisor called this evening to advise my vehicle is on location in Devon and I can likely take delivery tomorrow afternoon. You might want to call your SC tomorrow morning to see if your vehicle is on location too. 😎
Thanks for the head's up! I may give that a shot. It would be easier for me to take delivery on Wednesday if it's there. Good luck with delivery!!

Reactions: Mayer
Thanks for the head's up! I may give that a shot. It would be easier for me to take delivery on Wednesday if it's there. Good luck with delivery!!
Though we are expecting on and off heavy T-Storms in our area today and tomorrow...which should be letting up on Thursday. So I'll probably just wait until Thursday to prevent taking delivery in the rain where it will be harder to inspect.

The only thing I do not like about the current process so far is that the app (and some texts) from Tesla ask that I pay the full balance prior to delivery date of the vehicle to "avoid delays.". It's simply not right to ask for the balance to be paid before I've had a chance to inspect the actual vehicle. After inquiring I was assured that I can complete payment on site at the delivery appoint...so that's all good. However, I think the standard process should be to pay the balance after inspection and signing off on the agreements...not before.

The only thing I do not like about the current process so far is that the app (and some texts) from Tesla ask that I pay the full balance prior to delivery date of the vehicle to "avoid delays.". It's simply not right to ask for the balance to be paid before I've had a chance to inspect the actual vehicle. After inquiring I was assured that I can complete payment on site at the delivery appoint...so that's all good. However, I think the standard process should be to pay the balance after inspection and signing off on the agreements...not before.
I just arrived to the service center and I was able to open the car before even checking in. So I’m about to go through the checklist but yes I agree that’s asking to be paid before you’ve seen the vehicle is offputting.

Reactions: Joey D
Picked up MSLR yesterday at the Raleigh SC. Smooth pickup overall. Absolutely slammed with that end of quarter sales push. Couple of issues with the car, inside the "fabric" covering the yoke wasn't completely secured on the back and a couple scuff marks here and there on the exterior which were fixed on the spot by a guy roaming the lot with a buffer hah! Biggest issue though was the rear hatch lid was slightly out of spec on one side. Has a slight overhang…they took it to the back, water tested it and said the glass has to come out to fully fix. Since I had a 200mile drive back, I accepted delivery and made a SC appt in Charlotte before I left the lot.

Reactions: chrisdh79
Similar experience in Paramus NJ yesterday. They were slammed! I have one obvious door fitment issue and a slight alignment issue on the hatch lid. Also made an appt to address. I made the appt after I left the lot, but prior to 100 miles being driven (as instructed by service rep on site.)

Reactions: Mayer
Picked up my first ev yesterday at Tesla LBC. Build date is 6/23 and confirmed it has HW4. The only issue I could spot is a little bit of condensation in one of the tail lights. Everything else seems to check out and crossing fingers for a trouble-free ownership experience.

I actually find myself driving more defensively than usual just because great power, great responsibility. At first I was insisting on a steering wheel, but a recent demo drive with yoke convinced me this is stylistically, looks and functionality wise, the right decision for my automotive needs. No regrets.

I'm mechanically sympathetic w/ all my vehicles so will continue to hang around to gather more tips from the experienced T crew here.

Thanks for the awesome content!

IMG_2479.jpeg

For those who used a referral link for $1,000 + 3 months free FSD, when did you get the money (and the FSD subscription)?

My delivery advisor confirmed the referral was on my purchase, and said the $1,000 would be sent out as a refund check. I assume it takes them a few days/weeks to process both.

Th
For those who used a referral link for $1,000 + 3 months free FSD, when did you get the money (and the FSD subscription)?

My delivery advisor confirmed the referral was on my purchase, and said the $1,000 would be sent out as a refund check. I assume it takes them a few days/weeks to process both.
My $1000 was deducted from the sale price, and the 3 months FSD started immediately after delivery.

Picked up MSLR yesterday at the Raleigh SC. Smooth pickup overall. Absolutely slammed with that end of quarter sales push. Couple of issues with the car, inside the "fabric" covering the yoke wasn't completely secured on the back and a couple scuff marks here and there on the exterior which were fixed on the spot by a guy roaming the lot with a buffer hah! Biggest issue though was the rear hatch lid was slightly out of spec on one side. Has a slight overhang…they took it to the back, water tested it and said the glass has to come out to fully fix. Since I had a 200mile drive back, I accepted delivery and made a SC appt in Charlotte before I left the lot.
I encourage you to read this.

Particularly if it's not leaking, you might want to balance the opportunity for a less-than-excellent outcome (my situation) with how much the overhang bothers you. Maybe try fiddling with the rubber bumpers under the deck lid for better fit.

Reactions: aerodyne
I encourage you to read this.

Particularly if it's not leaking, you might want to balance the opportunity for a less-than-excellent outcome (my situation) with how much the overhang bothers you. Maybe try fiddling with the rubber bumpers under the deck lid for better fit.

Haven't seen this thread before. Thanks!

Reactions: bobusn and AAKEE