Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up today.

2023 MSP, white ext, black int, round wheel, base wheels, basic ap. Basic bitch config.

This is my 3rd Tesla in the past 1.5years, 5th in the family, and 9th at my office (small office, only 13ppl). This is, by far, the shittiest I’ve seen for quality. Paint is super thin in a bunch of areas, front windshield has a chip in the corner, one of the seats has huge wrinkle. Gaps are terrible, super inconsistent. Fortunately everything is minor and fixable, already have services scheduled. I had to accept because my trade-in woulda expired and I know it woulda been a huge drop in the offer. Also, with the model s having such low volume (compared to 3/y). I expected the quality to be lower, and don’t expect it to get better by rejecting and waiting for another car. Will adjust the panels and paint myself before PPF. Pretty shitty considering how much this car costs.

The lack of stalks sucks, don’t think I’ll get used to this. Pulling into a tight supercharging site/stall was annoying af sliding on the screen, back and forth between drive/reverse.

HVAC feels significantly stronger than my M3P. Oddly, regen feels less than M3P, feels like the M3LR, I prefer heavier/more regen braking like the M3P. The suspension is awesome, love the ride height adjustments, love the damper settings. Sport mode feels nice and firm.

No ragrets. Good buy @90k, I’d be super pissed if I paid 135k.

Last edited:
Just got my VIN. 2023. MSP, Ultra Red on black, 19” wheels. Delivery window updated to November 25 - December 2. Last 7 are F528xxx

I’m leaning towards just going for it (assuming no major quality issues when I see the car). I don’t really care about 2023 vs 2024 unless 2024 has real updates. But that’s not how Tesla usually rolls.

I do wonder why the 2024s seem to be coming late this year. Seems to be across the whole s3xy lineup. Maybe they’re going back to the model year coinciding with calendar year?

Picked up today.

2023 MSP, white ext, black int, round wheel, base wheels, basic ap. Basic bitch config.

This is my 3rd Tesla in the past 1.5years, 5th in the family, and 9th at my office (small office, only 13ppl). This is, by far, the shittiest I’ve seen for quality. Paint is super thin in a bunch of areas, front windshield has a chip in the corner, one of the seats has huge wrinkle. Gaps are terrible, super inconsistent. Fortunately everything is minor and fixable, already have services scheduled. I had to accept because my trade-in woulda expired and I know it woulda been a huge drop in the offer. Also, with the model s having such low volume (compared to 3/y). I expected the quality to be lower, and don’t expect it to get better by rejecting and waiting for another car. Will adjust the panels and paint myself before PPF. Pretty shitty considering how much this car costs.

The lack of stalks sucks, don’t think I’ll get used to this. Pulling into a tight supercharging site/stall was annoying af sliding on the screen, back and forth between drive/reverse.

HVAC feels significantly stronger than my M3P. Oddly, regen feels less than M3P, feels like the M3LR, I prefer heavier/more regen braking like the M3P. The suspension is awesome, love the ride height adjustments, love the damper settings. Sport mode feels nice and firm.

No ragrets. Good buy @90k, I’d be super pissed if I paid 135k.
You will get used to the lack of stalks and once you do you will not want to go back. Love having no stalks now and such a clean, futuristic look.

Just got my VIN. 2023. MSP, Ultra Red on black, 19” wheels. Delivery window updated to November 25 - December 2. Last 7 are F528xxx

I’m leaning towards just going for it (assuming no major quality issues when I see the car). I don’t really care about 2023 vs 2024 unless 2024 has real updates. But that’s not how Tesla usually rolls.

I do wonder why the 2024s seem to be coming late this year. Seems to be across the whole s3xy lineup. Maybe they’re going back to the model year coinciding with calendar year?
Refresh S has been updated mid Nov (Nov 15-17ish) past 2 years but yeah the other models have been updated as early as Oct. Seems like this year none of them have gotten updated yet which is diff from previous 2 years

What day did you order?

If I cancel and reorder exact same car, it still says Nov-Dec. So believe free supercharging transfer still applies. Not sure if 12 days will make a difference but maybe worth a try. I assume I lose $250 deposit.

What day did you order?

If I cancel and reorder exact same car, it still says Nov-Dec. So believe free supercharging transfer still applies. Not sure if 12 days will make a difference but maybe worth a try. I assume I lose $250 deposit.
Well if you are going to forfeit your $250 deposit... why not keep the order and just order another one? If the first one is a '24 buy it and cancel the second order.

Reactions: dsm363 and aerodyne
Well if you are going to forfeit your $250 deposit... why not keep the order and just order another one? If the first one is a '24 buy it and cancel the second order.
Not really concerned about it being a 2024. Wanted a better chance of it having front bumper camera. But I’d lose the deposit on the second reservation I assume. But if first one has it I’d take delivery.

Good chance neither will have camera though.

edit: I see what you're saying now. I guess losing the second $250 deposit would negate the $250 referral savings that's no longer around but would give me options.

Last edited:
Reactions: aerodyne
My delivery window was just updated from Nov - Dec, to Nov 7 - Dec 12. Edit: ordered Oct 22

Model S LR, Stealth Grey, black interior, steering wheel, 19". I'm in the Bay Area so I assume we need to go to Fremont for to pick it up. That's where we went in 2015.

How accurate do you think these delivery windows are?
EDD: Nov 7 - Dec 12
EDD: Nov 11 - Dec 2

Shrinking window seems to be a sign of delivery coming up. No VIN yet.
2023 VIN assigned. Will take delivery on Tuesday. Don't care (much) about '23 vs '24 since I am not planning to sell within the next couple of years, and who knows when they will start adding the bumber camera. Pickup is at Dublin.