Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious about that, too. I'm taking delivery in California on Sunday of my SLR, ordered 10/20.
I got out of work early on Saturday and it wasn't supposed to be raining in the afternoon, so I rescheduled my pickup for 5pm last night. Well, it was raining so I wasn't really able to inspect anything last night. This morning I dried the car and inspected pretty thoroughly. Near as I can tell everything is perfect, with the exception of a paint chip on the hood. The strange thing is that it looks just like the many rock chips on the hood of my 2015 85D with 241k miles. The odometer had only 6 miles on it when I picked the car up. I suppose it's possible that it happened in the 12 miles I drove it home, but I doubt it.

I scheduled a service appointment to take the car in to see what needs to be done, but that's a week out. I suppose the options are to either repaint the hood, replace the hood (it has a very small ding which I likely would not have noticed if not for the chip), or take some credit and leave it as is. 66 miles on the car now. In retrospect, I should have kept my 11am appointment for today. I'd have had more leverage as I could have said I'd reject the car. All of that said, overall I'm very happy with it.

Don't mean to derail the topic of this thread, but if any of you taking delivery in the last week or so and through the rest of the year can report back on any of the "vibration" issues, that would be great info to see if Tesla might have started addressing it.

40-50mph "shuddering" in the steering wheel under acceleration (half shaft issue)
75-85pmh "shaking" in the yoke/wheel and sometimes feeling it in the accelerator pedal

FYI, this is going to be the very first thing I test when taking delivery (after all the cosmetic review). My 2016 P90DL has the 40-50mph issue which has been replaced twice and still just comes back.

Apologies @n2mb_racing and @Propofoln for the PTSD post :)

Don't mean to derail the topic of this thread, but if any of you taking delivery in the last week or so and through the rest of the year can report back on any of the "vibration" issues, that would be great info to see if Tesla might have started addressing it.

40-50mph "shuddering" in the steering wheel under acceleration (half shaft issue)
75-85pmh "shaking" in the yoke/wheel and sometimes feeling it in the accelerator pedal

FYI, this is going to be the very first thing I test when taking delivery (after all the cosmetic review). My 2016 P90DL has the 40-50mph issue which has been replaced twice and still just comes back.

I picked mine up in March 2023 and did not have vibration issues. My colleague picked up one I think in July and had it. So not all have it and I doubt it's dependent on when it was picked up

I took delivery a month or so ago on a MSP and have had no vibration with 19’s or the original 21’s at any speed. And I did try All speeds…..

• Love
Reactions: Propofoln
Got my VIN, it's a 23... delivery 12/11... now next question, how do i opt in to arbitration etc... I missed the lemon/buyback period on my current MSLR, not going to make that mistake again
Its interesting that they still have not switched to 24 model year. Last cycle at the end of November of 2022 cars were being registered that were 2023 model year so this year switch is running late. I am wondering why.

Its interesting that they still have not switched to 24 model year. Last cycle at the end of November of 2022 cars were being registered that were 2023 model year so this year switch is running late. I am wondering why.
1700516412914.png

I noticed that Model S inventories have started to climb significantly, very likely because demand has slowed. We could speculate on the "why" but Tesla definitely still has 2023 inventory to move before switching to 2024. It seems possible to me now that there will be an additional end-of-year incentive.

View attachment 992382
I noticed that Model S inventories have started to climb significantly, very likely because demand has slowed. We could speculate on the "why" but Tesla definitely still has 2023 inventory to move before switching to 2024. It seems possible to me now that there will be an additional end-of-year incentive.
How much of that is inventory not spoke for? Seems like much if not all of what they produce is for orders that have come in but then some don’t take delivery for whatever reason.

How much of that is inventory not spoke for? Seems like much if not all of what they produce is for orders that have come in but then some don’t take delivery for whatever reason.
I believe this is inventory that is not spoken for. The reason is that if you look at Sept 1, which was the date of the big price reduction on Model S, a large number of orders came in immediately which moved open inventory to "spoken for" which you can observe on the graph. So spoken for inventory appears to come off the available inventory count pretty quickly.

View attachment 992382
Where do you get that chart? Interested in seeing how inventory is doing on the Model X

Reactions: aerodyne