Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure why that would be? Most are willing to reject for any reason at this point (finger prints on glass) as they know worst case they are out $250. Big deal. Watching the forum over the years I have seen many rejecting for Assumed tax incentives, features, model year, you name it all because it was in their benefit to gamble the 250 on a later date. Remove that low value gamble and I bet they would have more time available delivering cars to buyers that Want what the custom ordered.

I think it is unlikely that some one would take off work, drive to store, spend an hour at least and reject loosing $250 due to finger prints. And then get back on line with a new order.

I have partook in 5 telsa deliveries, only two were good, none was perfect, accepted the two as is.

Wishing everyone a good delivery EOY with no defects, or minor defects that you can fix yourself.

Reactions: calm-one and teko
PSA: Tesla apparently can assign the same car after two weeks’ hold. This is exactly what happened to me. Obviously, no one else decided to buy it during this period.
I needed my two week hold 5 days ago and still don’t have a new assigned vehicle so while possible I assume someone else got mine and now I am waiting for a new VIN which hopefully means it will be coming off the line.

Reactions: teko and aerodyne
usually how long between placing the order and delivery day for the S plaid? Site says its Dec - Jan, would really prefer a 2024 one. Excited to get my 2nd S plaid in stealth gray, hopefully a good one without much issues. My S plaid in midnight has no issue at all.

Tomorrow's DD just got canceled by Tesla, stating delays with transit. New date is now 12/10. Quite the delay for 'transit problems'.
"Transport Problems"

1700849332007.png

You answered your own question.
The people doing this really should lease then. Makes no financial sense to buy a car and then sell it in three years. And if they can afford to do that, they really shouldn’t worry about the model year for a Tesla as Tesla doesn’t update features based on the model year. Something that historically would affect the resale value of a normal car.

The people doing this really should lease then. Makes no financial sense to buy a car and then sell it in three years. And if they can afford to do that, they really shouldn’t worry about the model year for a Tesla as Tesla doesn’t update features based on the model year. Something that historically would affect the resale value of a normal car.

Hard to dump a car with issues is it’s a lease

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
I’m at the dealer. Trunk slightly off but probably wouldn’t notice unless this forum. Minor condensation in front small turn light. One lower panel slightly protruding but looks like that on all of them in the lot. I’m taking the car and seems well made. One question. Do the rear seats fold automatically ?

Scheduled delivery for 12/2 today! Couple of interesting tidbits:

1. Tesla is now able to directly collect sales tax and registration fees in Texas. SA says this change occurred about a week ago.

2. Although I live within 15 miles of a couple delivery centers, the app only offered home delivery. Are there any cons to home delivery?

Thank you all for the useful info over the last few weeks. I’m hoping for a smooth delivery experience. 🤞🏻
1. That is very interesting on the sales tax, i had to go down to the friendly neighborhood dmv just 6 weeks back. Would have preferred this option. Good to know and thanks for this info.
2. Also, no major difference with home or SC pick/delivery. Just inspect to your hearts content and if minor you can have it noted for future repair visit but if you feel it is beyond your acceptance criteria, you can reject. Home deliveey has its pros and cons... Cons really being your "test drive" back to your house sort of tells you how the inital drive is going and if you hear unsatisfactory noises, etc. Though looks like you are close enough to a SC and can make an appointment. Just be timely and aware that you have 100 miles to make that inital quality assessment with SC (pls confirm with the delivery person).

Reactions: chukieboy
Lease payments for 36 months on the model S Plaid total over $61k. Cash price is $90k. I think it's a safe bet the Plaid will be worth more than $30k in 3 years. Though, the way it's been depreciating the last three years, you never know.... 😅

Tesla as Tesla doesn’t update features based on the model year. Something that historically would affect the resale value of a normal car.
True, but it could just be an emotional thing ... or not. If you're looking to buy one or the other Tesla car, both are the same except for the model year, I would bet that you would NOT buy the old car.

1. That is very interesting on the sales tax, i had to go down to the friendly neighborhood dmv just 6 weeks back. Would have preferred this option. Good to know and thanks for this info.
2. Also, no major difference with home or SC pick/delivery. Just inspect to your hearts content and if minor you can have it noted for future repair visit but if you feel it is beyond your acceptance criteria, you can reject. Home deliveey has its pros and cons... Cons really being your "test drive" back to your house sort of tells you how the inital drive is going and if you hear unsatisfactory noises, etc. Though looks like you are close enough to a SC and can make an appointment. Just be timely and aware that you have 100 miles to make that inital quality assessment with SC (pls confirm with the delivery person).

What do you mean you have 100 miles? Your saying they will let you return car if you don’t like it before 100 miles?