Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone who recently took delivery -- anyone not seeing any documents under their Tesla account? My model 3 has the MVPA and other stuff, but my model S account only shows the owner's manual

1701938091931.png

1701938038302.png

I realized I posted this update in the wrong forum. Here is the post:

Yet another update. So they are insisting it's done and all issues are resolved. Am I being too nit-picky where the fender lines up with the bumper (at the bottom)? I'd love your thoughts. Attaching a before picture for comparison's sake.

Attachments

• IMG_0244.png
    IMG_0244.png
    782.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0261.jpeg
    IMG_0261.jpeg
    337.9 KB · Views: 13

Yet another update. So they are insisting it's done and all issues are resolved. Am I being too nit-picky where the fender lines up with the bumper (at the bottom)? I'd love your thoughts. Attaching a before picture for comparison's sake.
In my view from the distance pic looks more than good enough to me. It is a car not a watch so not that critical.

It’s personal. I took delivery with slight trunk misalignment. Not sure I would have noticed if it wasn’t for this forum. I love the car and it doesn’t bother me. The after pic looks pretty good to me.

Like I mentioned in the other thread where you posted, that paint drip is what would bother me. I'd want that fixed
The paint drip pic is the before pic. In the after a very slight amount is still left. From certain angles, you can see how the bumper isn't flush with the car. Walking around the lot yesterday, I saw other cars (primarily 3s) have similar issues. I may let it go - I would not have paid it a second thought if that was all that was wrong at delivery.

In that case I'd leave well enough alone. I don't think they'll be able to get it better than that. And even if you had a car with perfect bumper fitment, odds are as the car ages and clips become weaker etc, the fitment will become less than perfect. I know my old BMWs and such had somewhat sagging bumpers after a while.

Yeah, I agree with the others. If that's your only issue with the car, don't risk more problems by having the service center continue to work on it. It can only get worse.