Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always thought the point of the way Tesla sells cars is model year doesn’t matter. They make upgrades on the fly.
As couple of guys already said before, Tesla says year does not matter until you go to sell the car or have to deal with insurance because your car is totaled. Then year is pretty important. And Tesla still lists the model year on used cars they sell. Why if it is not important?

They just told me my build date was 12/27/23, PF5309XX.
PF5311xx for 12/28. Seems legit based on our data. I too could have sworn seeing PF531xxx in earlier posts.

I just want a vehicle as defect free as my current 2017 100D. I missed getting the newer MCU despite newer cameras back then as the first few months of 2017s didn't ship with such.

I imagine the rumored camera will be the "missed it by this much" moment for this purchase like the MCU in my last one. But I don't tie feature adds/deletes to model year Thus discount seeing it added in the next few weeks.

Plus who knows what the Q1 promo is going to be. Maybe FUSC + FSD transfer, heck it was 6Y of SC + FSD last quarter if I recall so it's only a incremental thing. With that Credit Union announcement maybe better finance rates.

But for me it seems time to research and agonize on the delivery checklist and post purchase PPF, mudflaps and all season tires now.

But for me it seems time to research and agonize on the delivery checklist and post purchase PPF, mudflaps and all season tires now.
I got the tesla mud flaps (used on the fronts only). I really like them. A lot of people say they're sht but I don't see it... yet.

During install, I can see how some people might have fkd up the install by not getting the clip underneath to seat correctly - or maybe they made the mistake of reusing the old clips which are shorter. I didn't get instructions so that might be part of their problems (instructions are online in the tesla shop).

You'll also need to trim them. They will drag with people in your car. I took about 3/4" off the bottom. I actually used them as a guide. Sandwiched the flat sides together and slid one up about 3/4" and used a sharpie to draw the cut line on each flap before cutting with kitchen scissors. You'll need to free hand the curves. Sanded with steel wool afterwards. Worked perfectly.

Last edited:
I got the tesla mud flaps (used on the fronts only). I really like them. A lot of people say they're sht but I don't see it... yet.

During install, I can see how some people might have fkd up the install by not getting the clip underneath to seat correctly - or maybe they made the mistake of reusing the old clips which are shorter. I didn't get instructions so that might be part of their problems (instructions are online in the tesla shop).

You'll also need to trim them. They will drag with people in your car. I took about 3/4" off the bottom. I actually used them as a guide. Sandwiched the flat sides together and slid one up about 3/4" and used a sharpie to draw the cut line on each flap before cutting with kitchen scissors. You'll need to free hand the curves. Sanded with steel wool afterwards. Worked perfectly.
Does it look ok if only the front has the mudflaps?

As couple of guys already said before, Tesla says year does not matter until you go to sell the car or have to deal with insurance because your car is totaled. Then year is pretty important. And Tesla still lists the model year on used cars they sell. Why if it is not important?
Possibly but the stress people put themselves under here about this issues is confusing. If you want a 2024 for sure, wait until 2024s are being produced. Don't order, hope, cancel, order again, hope, cancel....until you get what you want.

Possibly but the stress people put themselves under here about this issues is confusing. If you want a 2024 for sure, wait until 2024s are being produced. Don't order, hope, cancel, order again, hope, cancel....until you get what you want.
That is not the stress, that is the fun part! Remember, chase is sometimes more fun than the catch!

True enough, and generally agree with your point that it's not worth stressing over, but just wanted to add that part of the game is avoiding a price increase if you are anticipating one. But it's all good.

Reactions: dsm363
This seems to be the way with buying a Tesla. In the past people have done the same things to get Steam, swiveling screen, matrix lights and whatever the current Golden hinges are coming down the line. Rumors make it even more fun.

Reactions: dsm363 and dn325ci