Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone with a plaid order get the below email?:

Thank you for your Model S order (RNxxxxxxxx) placed on November xx, 2023.
I got the email and I went ahead and accepted the changes. Before accepting the changes my estimated delivery date was today through January 26th. During the "acceptance" process they stated that delivery would be Jan - Feb 2024. However, after completing the "updated design" my delivery date immediately changed to February 1 through March 14.

If anyone else has accepted the updated design please post what happens to your dates.

Well this is a bit of a scam - new price is $2k higher than what I had initially locked in lol

Also the wording "comfort and functionality improvements... across our vehicles" make me believe that there is nothing substantially new with the model S, given how they refer to all their vehicles at once...

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
The part that bothers me is Tesla never bothered to correct that statement. Sure, he simply could have made a mistake but I'm sure an engineer or VP knew within a day or so that the statement wasn't remotely true. They should have simply corrected it and said something vague like 'we hope to have a solution for this soon' even if that wasn't true. But no PR department I guess.

No one at Tesla would risk loosing their job by attempting to correct someone who is always right.

Well this is a bit of a scam - new price is $2k higher than what I had initially locked in lol

Also the wording "comfort and functionality improvements... across our vehicles" make me believe that there is nothing substantially new with the model S, given how they refer to all their vehicles at once...
I was a little concerned about the "Updated Pricing" notice. Before clicking "update design" I saw this little note.

Updated Pricing Notice.PNG

It looks like this was added last minute because the font doesn't even look the same as everything around it. I'm in the US, so pricing on the Plaid is still the same as it was on December 2nd when I placed my order. However, I was concerned that this meant that I may not get the Cybertruck $1,000 off because the terms of that promotion said that you had to place an order before December 31st, 2023 and I was just hopeful that this wasn't going to eliminate that price reduction. Thankfully after receiving my updated order agreement it now shows $1,000 referral bonus (which has to be the Cybertruck promo). Interestingly, my original agreement on December 2nd didn't have this discount even though the promo was available at that time.

Reactions: iHateWaiting
I was a little concerned about the "Updated Pricing" notice. Before clicking "update design" I saw this little note.

View attachment 1006469
It looks like this was added last minute because the font doesn't even look the same as everything around it. I'm in the US, so pricing on the Plaid is still the same as it was on December 2nd when I placed my order. However, I was concerned that this meant that I may not get the Cybertruck $1,000 off because the terms of that promotion said that you had to place an order before December 31st, 2023 and I was just hopeful that this wasn't going to eliminate that price reduction. Thankfully after receiving my updated order agreement it now shows $1,000 referral bonus (which has to be the Cybertruck promo). Interestingly, my original agreement on December 2nd didn't have this discount even though the promo was available at that time.
Happy for you that you got your discount applied! That font genuinely looks like it was just tossed in there last minute haha

I got the email, but after logging in there was no way to update the design.
I don't know if it was too much traffic on their servers right after that email came out, but when I used the link inside of the email it was giving me an error that there were too many redirects. So I just logged into Tesla, clicked on manage next to my car, and then I was able to accept the "updated design".

That won't happen as it would require much more than the wheel and air bag. But I hope they use the updated turn signal buttons on the wheel like it is reported that the Cybertruck has.
It wouldn't really require much. The model 3 clockspring fits right onto the model S. They'd just have to tweak the software to recognize the stalks, which would be dead simple.

It wouldn't really require much. The model 3 clockspring fits right onto the model S. They'd just have to tweak the software to recognize the stalks, which would be dead simple.
If they ever added stalks, then I hope it is an option. I have no desire to go back to stalks and love the Model S without stalks. So clean looking and so easy to use, that I don’t even think about it.

Reactions: dsm363
Got the email, did the update. No change to my Jan-Feb tentative dates. I originally ordered on 23 Dec, so I’m much later in the “queue” than many of you…
Same. I accepted the updated configuration and mine still says Jan - Feb. Thankfully, it doesn't seem to have instantly matched me with the inventory 2023 that's on it's way to my SC. Hopefully it stays that way....

Reactions: empiredown
If they ever added stalks, then I hope it is an option. I have no desire to go back to stalks and love the Model S without stalks. So clean looking and so easy to use, that I don’t even think about it.
If they did this, they should offer the yoke with the way it is now, and offer a round steering wheel the way the car was for over 10 years with stalks. Keep both camps happy.

Reactions: ks1972