Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't worry - still has the worm... /sarcasm

1705165394073.png

The camera is
Yeah, if I didn't accept the lower mileage I'd get back the $250. But I did accept it. And somehow ended up with the exact same '23 I already rejected.

Why not place a second order since the price hasn't yet gone up and then get your $250 back from the first order pushing your EDD out further....assuming that's kind of what we're all trying to game right now given speculative imminent changes in the March/April time frame?

This is why they are delaying 2024 intro, bleeding old inventory. People that are set on Model S and need the car now will take it. Freaks like us will not.

Which also... might explain the glut of Model S on latest drone footage just sitting there. They are holding them to bleed inventory down.

MSPs deliverable to my zip have gone from 11 to 10 in the last 2 weeks. So even though inventory went down a lot over december, it went flat in January. Nobody wants to buy a 2023 in 2024 without a big discount. One the inventory units was dropped in price to $87,280, but that's not enough.

The camera is

Why not place a second order since the price hasn't yet gone up and then get your $250 back from the first order pushing your EDD out further....assuming that's kind of what we're all trying to game right now given speculative imminent changes in the March/April time frame?
How do you get your $250 back from the order? I didn't get my $250 when I cancelled my first order. Maybe if I don't accept the ultrasound removal notice they will refund me? They are asking that now.

The other option I was considering was scheduling delivery far out, then putting it on 2 week hold to get the VIN unassigned. But, it might just come back again.

How do you get your $250 back from the order? I didn't get my $250 when I cancelled my first order. Maybe if I don't accept the ultrasound removal notice they will refund me? They are asking that now.

The other option I was considering was scheduling delivery far out, then putting it on 2 week hold to get the VIN unassigned. But, it might just come back again.
I asked about the 3% discount being applied to my order which is sitting in the same lot as other "new vehicle" 2023 MSPs at the delivery center.

It took 36 hours to get an answer:

"Where do you see this? If there was a price change then your order would be automatically updated but sometimes inventory has discounts. We would have to unmatch you from this VIN and match to a different one if that's what you want"

I responded tesla.com in my reply and mentioned all MSPs reflect this new discount. I might get a response Monday, maybe. 3% is $2,757 which to me will be the deal breaker.

I have had a journey of summer tires being only tire option outside of size, reduced range from 396 to 359mi, the vehicle's year not being disclosed on the motor vehicle purchase agreement, first time documented is the lending agreement: 2023. No wonder Tesla wanted me to take delivery before their 3% discount became public even during a blizzard. Tesla wins everytime.

I was looking at my MSP order and I don’t see 3 months of free FSD. I used a referral code with 3 months free but I don’t see it anywhere.

Is 3 months free FSD standard now?
I don’t know if it is “standard” as in available to all however if you check the Tesla app it does show that anyone who is buying a Model S, Model X or Model Y with a referral will get 3 months of FSD. The Model 3 and Cybertruck are the only models that are not listed on the referral page.

Out of curiosity, did you have to accept the terms for the Model S Plaid?] and that is when the referral disappeared?

I don’t know if it is “standard” as in available to all however if you check the Tesla app it does show that anyone who is buying a Model S, Model X or Model Y with a referral will get 3 months of FSD. The Model 3 and Cybertruck are the only models that are not listed on the referral page.

Out of curiosity, did you have to accept the terms for the Model S Plaid?] and that is when the referral disappeared?
I updated my order informing me of updated mileage per Tesla. I never remember seeing it on my initial order either. However I did use a referral code for 3 months free. Just wondering if it disappeared after updating my order?

Reactions: zoomer0056
I updated my order informing me of updated mileage per Tesla. I never remember seeing it on my initial order either. However I did use a referral code for 3 months free. Just wondering if it disappeared after updating my order?
I don’t think that it shows on the order agreement at all. If someone else knows differently then please feel free to jump in. However, when I placed my order on December 2nd I can confirm that it definitely wasn’t on the Order agreeement, but it definitely was on the website as I placed my order. I took screenshots as I went through the order process so I feel pretty comfortable not seeing it on that order agreement.

I also went through the steps of accepting the updated configuration and once again I didn’t see anything on the order agreement that talked about the free FSD for 3 months. So, I’m still not worried that I don’t see it. However, if Tesla does eventually issue me a VIN I will confirm with the advisor before accepting the car that the referral is present. This is not so much for the free 3 months but more so for the 10,000 credits that my neighbor is supposed to get.

Reactions: Septocaine
I got no Tesla bucks in my account, so just the $600 worth of dysfunctional teenager assisted driving.
Well, at least you got that part of the referral. Personally, I have demo driven the Model S with FSD on both highway and city streets a couple times. In both instances I wasn’t happy enough with the system to justify the price tag. I added FSD to my Cybertruck order many years ago to lock it in at the lower rate but after trying it out twice in the last two months, I don’t see enough value to add it to the Model S. Even if they offered it at the locked in Cybertruck price I probably wouldn’t get it on my Model S. In the back of my mind I would be torn due to the potential for a higher resale value but also torn with shelling out for a system that I could rent once or twice a year for a longer road trip and still get the fun of driving myself the rest of the time.

Well, at least you got that part of the referral. Personally, I have demo driven the Model S with FSD on both highway and city streets a couple times. In both instances I wasn’t happy enough with the system to justify the price tag. I added FSD to my Cybertruck order many years ago to lock it in at the lower rate but after trying it out twice in the last two months, I don’t see enough value to add it to the Model S. Even if they offered it at the locked in Cybertruck price I probably wouldn’t get it on my Model S. In the back of my mind I would be torn due to the potential for a higher resale value but also torn with shelling out for a system that I could rent once or twice a year for a longer road trip and still get the fun of driving myself the rest of the time.
Agreed. Autopilot is in the same state. $6K for this??? puhleez

1705201457937.png

• Funny
Reactions: teko and WilliamG
Per comments it pulls up the cameras on the screen. So not dashcam, but just engage camera view (rear and repeater) on screen.

Wish they would show pillar camera.

Not sure how that's useful. A pedestrian softer horn button would have been nicer. Keep the horn button there and the center horn for the loud/normal horn while driving.

But an improvement overall I guess.

Reactions: Septocaine
I used my own referral code. Is that frowned upon? :D

It wasn't supposed to work but it did - unless they all come with 3 months of free FSD
You can use your own referral code. You will get the 3 months of fsd and 10,000 loyalty points. You can see the pending loyalty points in the app under history.

Of course, it looks like they removed anything of value from the loyalty points system, so the 10,000 points seem to be worthless right now. Previously you could get a wall connector or EAP, I think.

I'm with you and I've always been a "more power is better" car guy, but I think we're approaching a physical boundary, mostly due to the traction limitations of AWD. The 1200HP/1400TQ Sapphire is not really faster. The 0-60 run in 1,020HP Plaid is a medical event now for a lot of people. Drag racers will always look for the next tenth, but it's hard to make the case for much more than 1,000 HP in street cars.
I’d have to agree. I think I have to really warn people when I take them for a ride in the MSP.
I took an Older coworker for a launch and he almost passed out. I’m thinking a waiver might have to be involved. 😂