Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the app? Screenshot please.
No as email from the operations

I changed my order to inventory model, and received that email

Attachments

• IMG_5767.jpeg
    IMG_5767.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Informative
Reactions: sorka
I called the Dublin, CA location, just now, which shows 5 130 mph limited 2024s in stock ready for immediate pickup. I spoke with Jeremy who confirmed all 5 are physically on site. He said there is no hold and that if I purchased online through my account and paid for it with Plaid, that I could drive off today with any 5 of them.

I asked him to confirm that he is actually at the Dublin site that this wasn't a call center I was re-routed to.

• Informative
Reactions: phantasms
And k don’t think there is a “stamping” issue. They made no body changes so no reason to build a new million dollar progressive die to make panels they have made thousands of. Think you might be assuming an issue based on minimal data and an internet poorly taken photo.

They don't need to replace the entire machine to replace the body panel stamp. It's still expensive but the do have to change them from time to time because they do wear out.

I called the Dublin, CA location, just now, which shows 5 130 mph limited 2024s in stock ready for immediate pickup. I spoke with Jeremy who confirmed all 5 are physically on site. He said there is no hold and that if I purchased online through my account and paid for it with Plaid, that I could drive off today with any 5 of them.

I asked him to confirm that he is actually at the Dublin site that this wasn't a call center I was re-routed to.
Let me call the same jeremy,
This is for LR

Can you highlight what you see wrong here? Is it that the door looks tight on the bottom but has a big gap on the top?

Yes, where it changes direction, the gap is much larger yet the rear top of the door is already higher than the top of the quarter panel, so if you were to lower the door to be flush, the gap on top would grow larger since you'd have to move the door forward to in order to lower it otherwise the gab below would decrease and it's already as close as it can get. I've compared '21-'23 photos and none of them show this issue. It looks to me like it's a quarter panel issue and not a rear door issue.

They don't need to replace the entire machine to replace the body panel stamp. It's still expensive but the do have to change them from time to time because they do wear out.
if you followed my posts,
the accepted to pay $2500 more to receive the inventory delivery, they also told me the car is ready and they can delivery
The car is actually on yhe shop floor, i sit on it

I accepted the $2500, and i received this email,
so no car delivery until 13th.

Anyone know what the differences are with the 24? What I’ve gathered so far is horn on the airbag, changes to HVAC responsiveness of dual zone climate control and defogger, and faster response on infotainment as well as lower range potentially being related to hvac changes. Anything else?

Photo from someone today who claims they took delivery of a '24.
Slightly jealous of the horn on the wheel. I'm getting mine serviced next week and one of the issues is weak heat on the steering wheel. I wonder if I can request the new wheel if they need to swap wheels out. I still have a buyback offer from Tesla (for delivery issues) that I am unlikely to take at this juncture. I'm just wondering if they rectified some of the issues in the 24 that plagued the 21s-23s or if there are any other gaming changing features. A range decrease (albeit mostly in title only) due to some minor hvac changes, a slightly more responsive infotainment, and a regular horn don't feel like massive changes especially for the few thousand dollar increase if you choose anything outside of the SG color.

Reddit user posted photo of steering wheel and then right side of car after I asked again:

Looks much better than the one I posted. The top of the door still isn't flush and bringing it down would close gap on bottom and open gap on top, but it's nowhere near as bad as the other one.
If it's symmetrical, it's too minor a problem to waste time on. Was this present on the 2023s?

Why are you keeping a car that Tesla says is worthy of a buyback, is there really no problem with it?
There were a number of paint issues that they bungled up and it took them an inordinate amount of time to fix. These are issues I'd potentially encounter with another car (dealt with Tesla's in the past). They didn't say it was worthy - I requested it because they effed up so many times. They granted it since the car only had two miles driven and spent almost 3 months in their shop for very easily solvable problems. In any case, they granted my request but with the fact that a replacement may be no better and interest rates increases to car loans resulting in a $3k difference in cost along with the changes in the new car pricing (another $1-2k).....and I already had PPF installed (which actually may get refunded because I've just had the worst luck the last few months)...it would cost too much time and money to get out of it, especially since there is no major issue with the car other than the SC messing crap up.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
The epic saga continues…

- Nov 2023: ordered MSLR
- Early Dec: assigned 2023 VIN
- Request 14-day hold
- Late Dec: assigned new 2023 VIN
- Canceled order ($250 order fee lost)
- Feb 1: placed new order
- Feb 2: Tesla reinstitutes FUSC transfer
- Feb 3: canceled order ($250 order fee lost)
- Feb 4: placed new order with FUSC transfer (wife’s 2017 MX with FUSC) on wife’s account

4 months and $500 later. This is the Tesla way 🤣