Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would have cost them nothing to extend the window if they knew they were going to do it anyway. Pretty annoying but hope they at least offer the retrofit on the horn. That's the reason I really wanted to delay it anyway. And if it's only $700, still come out ahead since Ultra Red is now $2,500.
I feel that. They’ve become super inflexible and stubborn. Total 180 from the early days. Oh well, can’t have it all I guess…

Reactions: dsm363
Hey folks - just had my MSLR pushed out so figured I'd post my timeline for more info

Order date 12/04
MSLR/White/White/Wheel/19''
Original EDD Dec23-Jan24

12/15/23 - EDD updated to Jan 3 to Feb 14
01/04/24 - EDD pushed to Feb 3 to Mar 16
Just had my EDD updated so adding to my timeline above:

02/05/24 - EDD pushed to Feb 16 to Mar 22

Not surprised as new timing aligns with the Feb 13th hold date discussed on this thread.

So much for the December-January timeframe they gave me when I ordered 😂

Hello everyone - rookie and likely Tesla owner here. I placed an order for an ultra red MSP on 1/28 and have completed all of my pre delivery tasks. This is a big change for me... coming from RS Audi cars and BMW M cars, but I've always loved the Model S and the price is too hard to pass on now.

Question... I keep see people referring to inventory searches. Aside from the main Tesla site, which is the best one that you would recommend?

Hoping to have the car this month or early next, but reading some of these posts makes me wonder if there won't be delays.

Reactions: dn325ci
Hello everyone - rookie and likely Tesla owner here. I placed an order for an ultra red MSP on 1/28 and have completed all of my pre delivery tasks. This is a big change for me... coming from RS Audi cars and BMW M cars, but I've always loved the Model S and the price is too hard to pass on now.

Question... I keep see people referring to inventory searches. Aside from the main Tesla site, which is the best one that you would recommend?

Hoping to have the car this month or early next, but reading some of these posts makes me wonder if there won't be delays.
Tesla-info seems to be the best one. That link shows all S's but you can add the 'Performance' filter to look for MSPs only.

Just spoke to the mothership...
No update to an EDD for my 23 DEC '23 order yet, but they 'intend to deliver my car by the end of this quarter.' No change to pricing (UR still free; although trade-in value dropped a bit IAW with "robbing me to pay Elon" I reckon...).
And best news, FSD transfer is a valid thing, even applies to orders before this weekend and the verbiage is in-line with what has been shown/discussed. Applicable to deliveries from 3 FEB to 31 MAR. Was sent a form to fill-out/agree to the transfer from our Y to the S when time comes... Now here is hoping they do get it built/delivered by 31 MAR...

• Informative
Reactions: fupito and aerodyne
Just spoke to the mothership...
No update to an EDD for my 23 DEC '23 order yet, but they 'intend to deliver my car by the end of this quarter.' No change to pricing (UR still free; although trade-in value dropped a bit IAW with "robbing me to pay Elon" I reckon...).
And best news, FSD transfer is a valid thing, even applies to orders before this weekend and the verbiage is in-line with what has been shown/discussed. Applicable to deliveries from 3 FEB to 31 MAR. Was sent a form to fill-out/agree to the transfer from our Y to the S when time comes... Now here is hoping they do get it built/delivered by 31 MAR...
Well, they changed my order agreement without my consent to reflect new pricing and assigned me a VIN... So there is that.

Wow. FSD transfer is back. Yet again not in Canada. Come on now - if I'm set to have been waiting 5 months, give me the transfer....
Has anyone seen this via the tesla.com website versus third-party?

If so, can you post a link?

Question for the group: I noticed this "Ambient Lights" button on my 24' MSP but it does not appear to make any difference whether selected or not. Is this something others have seen on previous model years and does anyone know what lighting is affected? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_7114.jpg
    IMG_7114.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Informative
Reactions: chrisdh79 and sorka
Order info:
Date - 1/8
Model - SLR
Color - White
Interior - White
Steering - Wheel
Tires - 21's

EDD shifted from Feb-Mar to Feb 26 to Mar 29 a couple weeks ago. I changed my mind on the color and decided to do black w/ Expel stealth wrap and after market black wheels. Called local Tesla store today and they had a SLR 2024 VIN (black paint, white interior, steering wheel and 19's) in transit to another nearby state that they were able to assign to my order - now being rerouted to my store. My order on the app has been updated, shows VIN assignment and EDD of Feb 16 to 26. Similar VIN to one of the recently assigned VINs above 5YJSA1E59RF######). I didn't lose the $250 reservation fee but did have to pay retail price for the black paint (so lost $1500 in the exchange since the white paint was free back on 1/8/24).

Question for the group: I noticed this "Ambient Lights" button on my 24' MSP but it does not appear to make any difference whether selected or not. Is this something others have seen on previous model years and does anyone know what lighting is affected? Thanks.
It is for the footwell/door pocket lights. Hard to see except at night.

Order info:
Date - 1/8
Model - SLR
Color - White
Interior - White
Steering - Wheel
Tires - 21's

EDD shifted from Feb-Mar to Feb 26 to Mar 29 a couple weeks ago. I changed my mind on the color and decided to do black w/ Expel stealth wrap and after market black wheels. Called local Tesla store today and they had a SLR 2024 VIN (black paint, white interior, steering wheel and 19's) in transit to another nearby state that they were able to assign to my order - now being rerouted to my store. My order on the app has been updated, shows VIN assignment and EDD of Feb 16 to 26. Similar VIN to one of the recently assigned VINs above 5YJSA1E59RF######). I didn't lose the $250 reservation fee and after taking a second look also did not have to pay for the black paint (which is now a $1500 upcharge but wasn't back on 1/8/24).