Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pray tell what my "lot of assumptions" are. Tesla does its own testing. You can clearly see this within the documents they submit to the EPA.

I don't know which "last delay" you're referring to. But the current one appears to be because the Model S LR has not yet been issued a certificate of conformity (and same for the Model Y Performance). As I noted in the post you quoted, I suspect it's because there is a discrepancy somewhere that the EPA isn't letting Tesla get away with. Perhaps that is one of the assumptions you are referring to - but note that I never claimed definitively that is what happened. I postulated what I suspect the reason to be.

You perhaps have a much more charitable view of the company than I do. But I think history has shown this company and its leadership have no qualms about being dishonest if it helps their bottom line. In this case it seems to have bitten them in the ass for once.

If the other "assumption" is that Tesla didn't do their due diligence and try to take care of this early... I mean that's simply fact. You can verify with the EPA itself when the documents were submitted. Most were in December. Some not until after the New Year. Had they planned earlier, they could have avoided this situation where they don't have a valid certificate of conformity for cars they are trying to sell. They could have submitted the testing as early as Summer 2022 (when the changes were announced) for MY2022 or 1/1/2023 for either MY2023 or 2024.

We can speculate as to why they decided to wait. My assumption would be that Tesla wanted to delay the reduced ranges becoming public knowledge for as long as possible.
Your prejudice is showing and that's coming from a non-Musk fan.

I dont know if you were joking but it probably isnt anywhere close to "almost all". I know that tesla-info only shows us the inventory cars but of the 85 Plaids that show up in their system only 34 had the yoke. So, if Tesla had to make an educated guess of what their customer base is buying and they chose to create 40% of the inventory Plaids with a yoke then that is probably alot closer to the take rate for the yoke.

9 out of 10 UR Black 19 were yokes. Only one which is in Florida had a round wheel. Today, there are 12 UR Black 19 and two of they have yokes. I assumed that the same ratio would apply to the other colors and options but I guess not.

I posted this image a few days ago wondering if anyone has insight into how long the car will be without FSD.

Following my post here, I began messaging Tesla via the app and SMS. The first 3 answers I got back kept telling me my FSD would transfer to the new vehicle, which was odd as I don't own a Tesla currently.

This morning I rephrased the question to be more clear and asked how long the vehicle will be without FSD again. This was their response "Once these features achieve performance parity to vehicles equipped with USS, vision-based vehicles will have these features restored via a series of over-the-air software updates. Sorry we don't have a specific time frame."

I know we have some Tesla veterans here. Does anyone have a realistic guess as to what the expectation should be? Im debating on not accepting the order and just placing it again once all this is worked out.

Attachments

• Tesla Vision.jpeg
    Tesla Vision.jpeg
    31.4 KB · Views: 17
I sent the driveteslacanada article to my service rep, and they said it's partially correct and replied with this

1000007492.png

When I asked them about it earlier this week, they said the car was in transit and should be here by next week, but it looks like I won't be picking it up this month.

Order date 1/12
Estimated delivery date changes every day, but it currently says 2/17 - 2/24

Reactions: Paxsal
I'm curious what the earliest order dates are and still waiting on a MSLR for the folks hanging around this thread?? There have been a couple of our build that showed in transit to our delivery center but then they disappear. Parked in the lot I suspect. When one gets assigned I will certainly have my detailer check it over before I make any attempt to take delivery.

Ordered 11/28/2023 MSLR UR

Reactions: zoomer0056