Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure What your concern is? There is no “without FSD” issue. I have had FSD for years now and also have it on my 12/23 MSP on day 1. There is a feature limit being Summon but that’s all but useless. FSD would be available on your car to buy or rent.
Maybe I am reading it wrong. I was under the impression that FSD may not be available at all for a period of time. My impression from their response was the same.

Does anyone have a link to an article talking to the specs or math regarding what Chill, Sport, Insane and Plaid modes represent?

Yes I did read that Insane and Plaid Are maximum spec for their respective trim, but how are lower modes engineered?
So the old Model S manual actually explained this, with the + modes being replaced with Drag Strip Mode in the palladium refresh.

• Chill: limits acceleration for a smooth and gentle ride (available on all vehicles equipped with Autopilot hardware).
  • Standard: provides the normal level of acceleration (available on non-Performance All-Wheel Drive vehicles and Rear Wheel Drive Model S vehicles equipped with Autopilot hardware).
  • Sport: provides the normal level of acceleration (available on Performance All-Wheel Drive vehicles).
  • Insane: increases peak torque by approximately 30 percent (available on Performance All-Wheel Drive vehicles not equipped with the Ludicrous upgrade).
  • Ludicrous: increases peak torque by approximately 60 percent (available on Performance All-Wheel Drive vehicles equipped with the Ludicrous upgrade).
  • Insane+: increases peak torque by approximately 30 percent (available on Performance All-Wheel Drive vehicles not equipped with the Ludicrous upgrade) while also heating up the Battery to its ideal operating temperature to ensure access to 100% of available power. Before choosing this setting, read about Using Insane+ or Ludicrous+.
  • Ludicrous+: increases peak torque by approximately 60 percent (available on Performance All-Wheel Drive vehicles equipped with the Ludicrous upgrade) while also immediately heating up the Battery to its ideal operating temperature to ensure access to 100% of available power. Before choosing this setting, read about Using Insane+ or Ludicrous+.

Chill changes the power curve based on how far down the accelerator is pressed, Standard/sport is the normal band, and Insane/plaid heats/cools the battery to get an increased power band available at all times. Drag Strip mode is like the “+” modes, it attempts to get the battery and motors into the perfect zone (but no longer seems to have the warning about how using it will shorten the car’s lifetime, which is probably due to the palladium’s new architecture) and adds launch control.

Reactions: calm-one
Maybe I am reading it wrong. I was under the impression that FSD may not be available at all for a period of time. My impression from their response was the same.
They haven’t changed the language at all since it was first implemented. I imagine it’s a catch-all, a “we warned you we take no liability” thing, but FSD minus summon/autopark is absolutely available for HW4 vehicles such as yours. In fact, the new beta just rolled out to tesla employees yesterday.

• Informative
Reactions: foos and aerodyne
On delivery, if the car comes with the current release 2024.2.3, be advised it does not have FSD associated with it.

Probably will come with an earlier release that does have FSD, but be careful not to update unless you don't care about "FSD"
I guess that explains why those of us who were forced into the FSD trial don't have 2024.2 yet.

Can't wait for the trial to end. It was overall a valuable experience though, convinced me even EAP would be a complete waste of money and make the car worse.

So the salem, Oregon tesla center has 2 MSLR exact matches to the one I ordered. They both say available for pickup up now.

I assume they are 2024 due to the top speed of 130mph.

Should I reach out and see if they'll give me one? Or do you think they'll force me to pay the extra $2500 for paint color?

Reactions: rockytop23
So the salem, Oregon tesla center has 2 MSLR exact matches to the one I ordered. They both say available for pickup up now.

Should I reach out and see if they'll give me one? Or do you think they'll force me to pay the extra $2500 for paint color?
You can try, but it seems unlikely. Probably need to wait until they ok long range deliveries.

They should be able to assign one of these VINs to you if they are really available in inventory in Oregon and match your order. I don’t think the price change has any relevance to whether a vehicle is matched to an order or not.

IMG_2154.jpeg

The latest exchange w Tesla on my vehicle which is supposed to arrive today (2/19)…..1/8, MSLR, black, white, wheel and 19s.

So there is now a white MSLR “available” locally. When I compared it to the one in ordered Dec 18, it says the one I ordered had a 149 top speed and the inventory model has a 130 top speed. I was never asked to accept changes. I assume I will be asked to agree to the changes at some point before pickup? Or did I miss something?